Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

46 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I thought the Belgian formation might suit us, but the Tottenham style would be better.

Iverson

Dummy/Hamer

Eddie

Clarkey

Hunt

Gardner

Missile/Branger

Cotterill

Baxter

Byrne

Surridge/Don't call me Ishmael

That attacking midfield trio would be very, very exciting. It would rip the veggies apart. Only problem is, one is injured, one is suspended and one hasn't signed. Still, mere details. 

Dummigans injured and Branger is no holding/central midfielder he plays wide on either flank and that's about it.

Personally I'd play, 

Iverson

Edmondson

Clarke

Graham

Hamer

Gardner

Byrne

Missilou

Hunt

Baxter 

Surridge

IF we can bring Cotterill in then,

Iverson

Hamer

Edmondson 

Clarke

Hunt

Cotterill 

Gardner

Byrne

Branger

Baxter

Surridge

Edited by yarddog73

344 more tickets on sale tomorrow from 9am. 

Need to go to the club and buy in person....or spend hours trying to get through on the phone to a person who is currently on the Official site as a vacancy and do it all manually!! ......no online sales....fucking priceless this club!!

Edited by Londonboy
typo

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Need to go to the club and buy in person....or spend hours trying to get through on the phone to a person who is currently on the Official site as a vacancy and do it all manually!! ......no online sales....fucking priceless this club!!

You London heads get frequent and reliable transport links (so I'm told) so you know, swings and roundabouts.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You London heads get frequent and reliable transport links (so I'm told) so you know, swings and roundabouts.

Not sure what point your trying to make? 

It just amazes me that as a club we'd rather sell tickets over the phone rather than giving an online purchasing option. It makes no sense commercially and is a crap experience for the fans....still that's no surprise is it! 

33 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It just amazes me that as a club we'd rather sell tickets over the phone rather than giving an online purchasing option. It makes no sense commercially and is a crap experience for the fans....still that's no surprise is it! 

If the club sells out then there’s no financial need for “online purchasing options “. Not sure why you think that this is nonsense commercially.

I understand your frustration if you can’t get to the ground but try this. It’s always worked for me. 

Write to the ticket office, using first class post, enclose a cheque and a sae. 

The old ways still have their merits.

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I can call to the ticket office for you, probably passing there at some point tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I've bought many tickets for many different things in many different ways yet never described any instance of it as an "experience".

Do I get out too much?

Joe Mills, Carl Winchester and to a lesser extent Gavin Gunning. 

At anything resembling our strongest lineup id fancy us to roll these but watching the MK game back on Ifollow, we’re poor and play a lot of hoofball so not confident at all.

4 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Joe Mills, Carl Winchester and to a lesser extent Gavin Gunning. 

At anything resembling our strongest lineup id fancy us to roll these but watching the MK game back on Ifollow, we’re poor and play a lot of hoofball so not confident at all.

Seems a bit unfair to judge Gunning - he made one appearance against a very strong Middlesbrough side. I’d have Winchester back in a heartbeat.

12 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Cheers for the offers of help everyone. I'll see if I can get through on the phone tomorrow morning and take it from there ?

I have rang this morning and after the initial intro and pressing ‘’1’ the phone went quiet for 30 seconds or so before I got through... postage an extra quid but I’m going to FGR ?

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I have rang this morning and after the initial intro and pressing ‘’1’ the phone went quiet for 30 seconds or so before I got through... postage an extra quid but I’m going to FGR ?

All sorted thanks TheBigdog... See you Saturday ?

On 8/6/2018 at 10:59 PM, yarddog73 said:

Oldham are 9/4 to win at Forest Green, sorry but that price is fucking huge and should be a maximum stake bet.

Draw no bet is 6/4 which is an absolute no brainer because there's no way we are losing Saturday.

Seems like the bookies are running for cover as all the 9/4 is long gone.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/forest-green-v-oldham/winner

Draw no bet smashed to pieces from 6/4 to odds on with most firms as well.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/forest-green-v-oldham/draw-no-bet

Just got to go out and get the win now lads :chubb:

Ok, looks like there will be no reinforcements for FGR and as Mr Sinnott says above,Clarke not training.

Therefore (after doing my homework on Forest Green) my team would go like 

Iversen

Hamer               Graham                        Edmundson                 Hunt

Maouche                    Gardner                         Missile

Byrne                        Baxter

Surridge