Next 3 League games

Win both home games and we’ll take a good following to Grimsby. Think it’ll be a new ground for a lot of fans, I couldn’t make the boxing day 3-3 years ago, not sure when we’ve played them away before that. 

27 minutes ago, daniel said:

Win both home games and we’ll take a good following to Grimsby. Think it’ll be a new ground for a lot of fans, I couldn’t make the boxing day 3-3 years ago, not sure when we’ve played them away before that. 

The last time we played them away in the league before the 3-3 game was the last game of the season in 1998. We won 2-0 courtesy of a brace from Rocket Ronnie Jepson. Grimsby went up via the playoffs a few weeks later.

Edited by johnafoafc

Win the next two and it will be 1000+ on the east coast, no reason why we can't win the next two homes which are very winnable games,  I'd settle for 7 from 9 again though.

I'd also be writing the Barnsley game off and getting away from the obsession Corney had for the piss pot cup.

I went Grimsby can’t remember when would have been in the championship I’d assume although we were in league 1 for soooo long it could have been in league 1. 

i think if we really have ambitions of going up, min 7 points! Newport are doing ok this year, but they are normally cannon fodder can’t imagine they have much of a budget. They would be god knows where by now if it wasn’t for super John! (Nice mention of my man) Grimsby only came up a season or go I believe ? And Crawley have hardly ever set the world alight, and fatty jumped ship.

Like I said few weeks back there ain’t any massive teams in this league bit of luck and splash of cash and we should comfortably finish top 3.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I went Grimsby can’t remember when would have been in the championship I’d assume although we were in league 1 for soooo long it could have been in league 1. 

i think if we really have ambitions of going up, min 7 points! Newport are doing ok this year, but they are normally cannon fodder can’t imagine they have much of a budget. They would be god knows where by now if it wasn’t for super John! (Nice mention of my man) Grimsby only came up a season or go I believe ? And Crawley have hardly ever set the world alight, and fatty jumped ship.

Like I said few weeks back there ain’t any massive teams in this league bit of luck and splash of cash and we should comfortably finish top 3.

All for a bit of blind optimism but that is another level...

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I would have agreed with u before the season kicked off but this league so far is gash

I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge on that point but I haven't seen us play much beyond the level of gash ourselves, certainly don't think anybody will be quaking at the prospect of facing us.

52 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Anyone know what the situation is at Grimsby regarding away fan allocation. Wouldn't want to miss it as it is a new ground for me, and due to holidays I will struggle to get tickets, hope it is pay on the day. 

2000 is about the maximum allocation we can get for this one, no danger it will sell out but it may be all ticket because it's likely to be a nob heads day out fixture.

Out of curiosity as I haven't been there on the train, what's the best station to alight for away fans Grimsby or Cleethorpes? It looks like it's between the two.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

2000 is about the maximum allocation we can get for this one, no danger it will sell out but it may be all ticket because it's likely to be a nob heads day out fixture.

Out of curiosity as I haven't been there on the train, what's the best station to alight for away fans Grimsby or Cleethorpes? It looks like it's between the two.

Cleethorpes was about a 15 min walk away (I think). Weird place. Went for the friendly a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, maddog said:

Cleethorpes was about a 15 min walk away (I think). Weird place. Went for the friendly a couple of years ago. 

Yes I missed that one I was away on me jollies, went years ago on a minibus and it got a bit tasty getting away so I'd suspect given the probable decent away following it will have the police all over it.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge on that point but I haven't seen us play much beyond the level of gash ourselves, certainly don't think anybody will be quaking at the prospect of facing us.

I agree but we are slightly less gash and seem to be scoring goals and not conceding. We’re not playing great but winning games, hopefully we will become even less gash as time goes on.

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Didn't have you down as an arsonist...

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Cleethorpes only a short walk away, nice resort, best place for food and drink too.

• Like 1