Next 3 League games

13 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Where exactky has Frankie “openly” admitted this? Telling a fan who reports it on here is neither open nor confirmed 

The fan in question has always posted factual matter, stop being argumentative for the sake of it .

And no, i don't know him personally just take him at his word.

Edited by archiecat

All winnable games and will not be pleased with anything less than 9 albeit we will be lucky  to get  6 on what has been shown up to now.Injuries have not helped but we still have the players to win these games.

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

The fan in question has always posted factual matter, stop being argumentative for the sake of it .

Im not being argumentative - Frankie hasnt openly admitted untill he says so and yes Lee is very very reliable but even he has been wrong in the past (rarely I admit)

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

Im not being argumentative - Frankie hasnt openly admitted untill he says so and yes Lee is very very reliable but even he has been wrong in the past (rarely I admit)

ok, point taken :) I think Frank would like the opportunity to be able to select Byrne. 

I’d just sent out the kids and hope for the best. Not worth risking anyone seeing as a 90 min game rules out our players for a week. Honestly it’s a borderline disgrace we have so many injured, it’s gone beyond a point of ‘unluckiness’. Pulled muscles and strains are often the result of poor recovery or being trained too hard. Can we even do the basics right? They’ve been pushed too far. Super, we managed to be fitter than MK Dons. Still lost though and as a result of the intense training we’ve lost half of our squad!

We've drawn our last five away games. One more will match our 2011/12 run of 6 - Preston 3-3, Carlisle 3-3, Bournemouth 0-0, Southend (cup) 1-1, Charlton 1-1, Chesterfield 1-1 - a streak followed by 4 away defeats on the bounce!

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

We've drawn our last five away games. One more will match our 2011/12 run of 6 - Preston 3-3, Carlisle 3-3, Bournemouth 0-0, Southend (cup) 1-1, Charlton 1-1, Chesterfield 1-1 - a streak followed by 4 away defeats on the bounce!

Oh joy....

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

ok, point taken :) I think Frank would like the opportunity to be able to select Byrne. 

I cant stand the Jack Byrne from January onwards or the one that seems to have been at every club before us.

yes i put a big value on attitude and we all want the best for Oldham Athletic - i can see as well as anyone we are crying out for that loan Jack Byrne - if he still exists or if Bunn can get it out of him get him in the team

if he exists and AL wont give him redemption then AL needs a mirror and a talking too

If hes still being a nob then my view is talent or not he needs to go. As Fergie decided with the likes of Beckham and Stam

hope that gives a more balanced view of my thoughts 

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

We didn't trouble their keeper at all except that Surridge header which was comfortably saved. We went 2 down early doors and then had lots of possession outside of the opponents box without creating any quality opportunities, not inspiring at all. It was reminiscent of lots of home games under Wellens.

Apart from the goal we scored past him which, so I gather, really pissed him off ?

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Was there for all of them bar the cup game. Christ. Preston game was decent as was Charlton. 

Ok, injuries. How does anyone know for sure that the training regime is causing the problems? We have fully qualified training and fitness coaches at the club and I would wager they know more about the job and it's repercussions than most of us. Well, rudemedic could probably contradict me on that, but you get my point, I hope.

You can turn an ankle on a kerb edge or a dodgy pavement that will take 6 weeks to heal, never mind an intensive training session involving shuttle runs, twists and turns. I think we've had a really unlucky run. 

John Harbin used to all but flog them into submission, but we didn't have this many injuries. Take half of the expected starting 11 out and you'll struggle, unless you've got a squad the size and ability of the Greedy League boys.

That is in no way an excuse for the performance at FGR; the first half was so dire, I could hardly believe what I was seeing. Any of that side should have been able to do the basics and they didn't manage it.

All I'm saying is this. Before the level of vitriol rises to boiling point (it may well have done with some), let's get a couple or so of the walking wounded back and see how we do then. These first two games, with who we had available, is not a true reflection of how we could, and should, perform even though it should have been much better.

• Like 1

As things stand I'd write off the Derby game as purely a chance to regain fitness and give some of the fringe players game time. 

The bread & butter needs to be grinding out atleast six points from the next 3 games before facing some of the Big hitters, 

We don't want to be cut lose again after what we've just been through 

Edited by OLDHAMADE

8 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

As things stand I'd write off the Derby game as purely a chance to regain fitness and give some of the fringe players game time. 

The bread & butter needs to be grinding out atleast six points from the next 3 games before facing some of the Big hitters, 

We don't want to be cut lose again after what we've just been through 

Fitness isn't an issue is it? We just don't have the players capable of putting in any sort of performance at this lowly level.

There isn't too much between League 1 and League 2 barring maybe consistency so to downgrade the squad so alarmingly and ostracice the high earners will only lead to one result, our problems are now even deeper because our business isn't even complete but who would want to jeopardise their career to join the absolute circus that is our football club?

If the pot has run dry where does this actually end because for all the positives you try to scratch around for its looking bleak, players like Coke, O'Grady and Maouche are fucking dreadful and Branger, Miller and Nepo are not far behind, they don't even look like they are arsed and we are playing on decent pitches in the summer months.

All this ten games bollocks needs putting to bed as well because we haven't got ten games to turn it around historically teams who drop to this level do one of two things and that's compete at the top end of League 2 the following season or scratch around trying to avoid the trap door - it looks like we are lining ourselves up for the latter.

To me AL needs to bring in three or four quality players this week just to get competitive I don't mean any old shite like he's packed the squad with he needs real players who can come in and do a job, I'm not holding out much hope as his recruitment so far has been dire but we live in hope. 

This Trust meeting tonight is an important one and  pressure needs to be put on AL to sort his shit out whilst we still have a club to support otherwise it's going to get toxic at BP very quickly.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This Trust meeting tonight is an important one and  pressure needs to be put on AL to sort his shit out whilst we still have a club to support otherwise it's going to get toxic at BP very quickly.

Are you going? 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fitness isn't an issue is it? We just don't have the players capable of putting in any sort of performance at this lowly level.

There isn't too much between League 1 and League 2 barring maybe consistency so to downgrade the squad so alarmingly and ostracice the high earners will only lead to one result, our problems are now even deeper because our business isn't even complete but who would want to jeopardise their career to join the absolute circus that is our football club?

If the pot has run dry where does this actually end because for all the positives you try to scratch around for its looking bleak, players like Coke, O'Grady and Maouche are fucking dreadful and Branger, Miller and Nepo are not far behind, they don't even look like they are arsed and we are playing on decent pitches in the summer months.

All this ten games bollocks needs putting to bed as well because we haven't got ten games to turn it around historically teams who drop to this level do one of two things and that's compete at the top end of League 2 the following season or scratch around trying to avoid the trap door - it looks like we are lining ourselves up for the latter.

To me AL needs to bring in three or four quality players this week just to get competitive I don't mean any old shite like he's packed the squad with he needs real players who can come in and do a job, I'm not holding out much hope as his recruitment so far has been dire but we live in hope. 

The recruitment has not been completely dire. Most will agree Iveson and Surridge are fine.

3 more good players in and it can all change.

Edited by BP1960

Beat Macc at home.

Draw at Yeovil

Beat Morcambe in front of a travelling 2000 Blues.

2-2-1 sat happily in the top 10.

Baxter and Byrne running the show, Clarke has just over seen two clean sheets.

Guess what's next?

Newport and Crawley at home. 6 more points and we'd be top 3.

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

Beat Macc at home.

Draw at Yeovil

Guess what's next?

Bad batch of spice hit the town?

17 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Beat Macc at home.

Draw at Yeovil

Guess what's next?

At at that point you’d probably wake up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Beat Macc at home.

Draw at Yeovil

Guess what's next?

Wishful thinking Byrne is no longer an Oldham player.