Next 3 League games

On 8/20/2018 at 9:28 PM, Ryan said:

Pretty poor uptake on the Morecambe tickets imo.  Should be quite an attractive fixture with it being bank holiday weekend, a new ground, terracing and a genuine situation where we could outnumber home supporters (they averaged 1,400 last season). Thought we'd easily sell the 1,700.

Whoops.

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Not poor tho is it?

It was at the time I posted that (we'd sold 600 after about 10 days of sales). It'll probably sell out now. Anything less would be pretty poor by our own high standards. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dec666 said:

How often have we taken that many fans to anywhere over an hour away in recent times?

Going to be one hell of a turnout and very noisy indeed. 

Can't wait to hear OWTB's echoing around the Globe but in my heart of hearts I'm also saddened because I never ever thought I'd see Latics playing here in my lifetime. 

We'll be back before it ends ☺ 

Just now, deyres42 said:

We'll be safely ensconced in lower mid table by then.

Mid table or not, there'll be a solid bunch with the IQ of tree stump out in force.

My lad has just turned 7, he was genuinely scared at Bury (as bottles were getting thrown over the yellow gate on the right). It's still a day out for the d1ckh3ads. Anywhere they can get the tram to is a different turn out / atmosphere.

2 hours ago, dec666 said:

How often have we taken that many fans to anywhere over an hour away in recent times?

Well obviously people are going prioritise closer games when those fixtures are available (League One was highly concentrated with teams from the north-west). At the end of the day this is one of our shortest trips, a new ground for most fans with a chance to stand on a terrace and actually outnumber home supporters for once. It’s also the easiest fixture of the entire season - they are awful. 

I’m not gonna wank myself silly over a following of sub-2,000 when we don’t have another ‘close’ away game till Tranmere at the end of November. A sell out is the expectation for this one and it shouldn’t be lauded as outstanding or anything like that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Well obviously people are going prioritise closer games when those fixtures are available (League One was highly concentrated with teams from the north-west). At the end of the day this is one of our shortest trips, a new ground for most fans with a chance to stand on a terrace and actually outnumber home supporters for once. It’s also the easiest fixture of the entire season - they are awful. 

I’m not gonna wank myself silly over a following of sub-2,000 when we don’t have another ‘close’ away game till Tranmere at the end of November. A sell out is the expectation for this one and it shouldn’t be lauded as outstanding or anything like that.

Bank holiday weekend, Reading and Leeds Festival, a 130 mile round trip and a team in transition and yet we are taking around 40% of our home crowd...not too shabby though is it?

Also, we have been allocated 1770 tickets, so even if we did sell out it was always going to be a sub 2000 following ?

32 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It doesn't really matter though does it, it's the sort of shite Utd fans wank themselves over, from previous experiences it was probably a more enjoyable and better atmosphere on Tuesday night at Yeovil with everyone getting behind the team.

Saturday will probably be rather shit because the majority of fans will be mullered and generally not arsed about what's going on on the pitch, enjoy it for what it is - a day out with your mates and hopefully three points.

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Bank holiday weekend, Reading and Leeds Festival, a 130 mile round trip and a team in transition and yet we are taking around 40% of our home crowd...not too shabby though is it?

Also, we have been allocated 1770 tickets, so even if we did sell out it was always going to be a sub 2000 following ?

It’s a good obviously. I’ve just got high expectations because our away support is mint.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It doesn't really matter though does it, it's the sort of shite Utd fans wank themselves over, from previous experiences it was probably a more enjoyable and better atmosphere on Tuesday night at Yeovil with everyone getting behind the team.

Saturday will probably be rather shit because the majority of fans will be mullered and generally not arsed about what's going on on the pitch, enjoy it for what it is - a day out with your mates and hopefully three points.

United don't seem to big up there own support much these days, I'm not sure what it was like back in the day though. 

Liverpool, however, do it all the time, even after their fan base was sending death threats to their GK. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I've done nearly 80 grounds watching Latics and enjoy my experience more when I adopt this practice. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I reckon 5, 

Beat Crawley,Draw with Newport and draw at Grimsby

Would be nice if we could turn one of those draws into a win though. 

Yep agree with all that. If we strengthen that midfield this week though it could be more.

15 minutes ago, astottie said:

Yep agree with all that. If we strengthen that midfield this week though it could be more.

If we maintain unbeaten run with what is effectively a new team , a new coaching and support team, and are able to strengthen then we should be in a position to challenge this league.

With fitness gain of some of our better players to factor in this bodes well.

I am encouraged by passion of fans and coaching team this season so far.

Edited by Ogdenwoodwhittle
Spellimg!