Jack Byrne ❤️

As frustrating as it is to have one of your better players not playing under these circumstances onlt two sides know the reason, those within the club and the player himself.

In my line of work sometimes no matter how much you want to stand your ground if you beleive you are right you just can't without consequences.

Sometimes you just have to accept that the company / establishment who pay your wages won't budge, are bigger and more powerful than little old you and in the end will win.

I've done it myself, no matter how much it hurts I have just had to play their game or walk away, which in my scenario I couldn't really do so I play their game to keep my job.

As you mature you seem to come to terms that you can't always be right ( even if you are ) and you just get on with it. Younger people find this harder to do and feel the need to stand their ground / fight the establishment, 99% of the time they lose.

I feel Byrne is the sort of feisty character that can't accept certain forms of discipline if he feels he has done nothing wrong and will be quite happy to voice his views to the management, owner and colleagues. To some bosses these types of people are bad eggs, disruptive and can influence other employees / players.

I'm not saying the club is wrong because they are the boss and i'm afraid you have to accept that.

I'm not saying Byrne is wrong because he may just be of the character Ive stated, so unless he plays the game and accepts the way the club is run then this will more than likely end with his departure.

I hope he wakes up one morning and says, feck this I want to play football, and then says or does what the club wants to hear and see through gritted teeth and then prove people wrong and in the end have the last laugh.

Its his career that is suffering after all and without knowing the facts he needs to stop the rot before it gets worse.

31 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Fuck it. Just play him. Who cares if he’s a knob. It’s football! Not like we’re in the bloody trenches and u need reliable guys. We need to win matches. Imagine if Madrid had our view, they’d never have played Ronaldo 

Not keen on Ronaldo as a person but struggle to see the comparison.

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

When the real truth comes out your statement above might make you look a gulable prat. Mark my words he’s suspended from the first team for very good reasons and you won’t see him playing in a Latics shirt again. 

Why not just tell us what he’s done if your that “sure” what it is? What have you to lose? The cynic in me thinks you know as much as the rest as us, fuck all. 

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Bobledgersheart he doesn’t want to play for the club and he certainly has no commitment for the club. It’s a bit like last January when Davies refused to play for the club and wanted out. Putting a player like that into a stable team would be nothing more than detrimental. If of course he can apologise and get his commitment back then yes play him by all means but it would be suicide to do it until he is prepared to change for the cause of OAFC. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daniel said:

Why not just tell us what he’s done if your that “sure” what it is? What have you to lose? The cynic in me thinks you know as much as the rest as us, fuck all. 

Watch this space and the clubs website all will be revealed when the time is right. 

29 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You struggle to see the comparison between a man who has dedicated his life to being the best footballer he can possibly be, a renowned trainer and one of the finest players the world has ever seen and Ronaldo. Pfft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

When the real truth comes out your statement above might make you look a gulable prat. Mark my words he’s suspended from the first team for very good reasons and you won’t see him playing in a Latics shirt again. 

Wouldn’t be the first time I’d look like a prat so I’m not bothered about that. Just offering my take on the situation. 

Also I’m not expecting him to play for us again either. 

23 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Wouldn’t be the first time I’d look like a prat so I’m not bothered about that. Just offering my take on the situation. 

Also I’m not expecting him to play for us again either. 

Fair comment. Up the Latics oh for a win today. Watching it in Manila International Airport my flight is delayed indefinitely. Could be here all night hehe

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

Fair comment. Up the Latics oh for a win today. Watching it in Manila International Airport my flight is delayed indefinitely. Could be here all night hehe

Cool, I once listened to Latics Player during the tail end of a hurricane in Arizona - but Manila International Airport tops that...

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Could be drugs normally the main reason.

No worry of drugs here. I live in the Philippines and all this about people being killed is rubbish . Not seen one dead body yet in the streets. It’s a huge country 2000 miles north to south as big as Europe. I live in Cebu city but I’ve been 3 days in Manila on business. It’s a 1 hour flight but tonight it seems I am waiting an eternity. It’s 15 mins after midnight and still no news of the incoming aircraft . Well at least we won. Looked a decent game and o’Grady Looked sharper. 

Edited by Smiler13

40 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

No worry of drugs here. I live in the Philippines and all this about people being killed is rubbish . Not seen one dead body yet in the streets. It’s a huge country 2000 miles north to south as big as Europe. I live in Cebu city but I’ve been 3 days in Manila on business. It’s a 1 hour flight but tonight it seems I am waiting an eternity. It’s 15 mins after midnight and still no news of the incoming aircraft . Well at least we won. Looked a decent game and o’Grady Looked sharper. 

It's part of the T&Cs of being a white person in the 3rd world that you don't need to see to much nastiness, doesn't mean it's not going on

You are not allowed to criticise the team on this site so !!!!  there is no way Jack Byrne would have improved us today, he wouldn’t be intelligent enough to take the Giles Coke tactic of passing to their team and hoping he fucks up and he would be doing stupid things like trying to create chances against a god awful side and wanting the ball, if he ever starts the season ticket is on the pitch 

49 minutes ago, leeslover said:

It's part of the T&Cs of being a white person in the 3rd world that you don't need to see to much nastiness, doesn't mean it's not going on

I’ve lived in the second largest city in the Philippines now for several years. I know the back streets like the back of my hand and according to the political opposition there have been over 13,000 extra judicial killings. However I have seen none and my Filipino friends have seen none either. 13,000 is a hell of a lot so I would have thought that if it was going on then I would have seen one dead body lying in the gutter by now. Politics is an ugly game out here. 

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I’ve lived in the second largest city in the Philippines now for several years. I know the back streets like the back of my hand and according to the political opposition there have been over 13,000 extra judicial killings. However I have seen none and my Filipino friends have seen none either. 13,000 is a hell of a lot so I would have thought that if it was going on then I would have seen one dead body lying in the gutter by now. Politics is an ugly game out here. 

Politics is an ugly game here dude, Theresa May ain't gonna give you a boner :goggle: