Jack Byrne ❤️

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

I don’t care. Footballers often are.

He’s got to fit in with the rest of the team though and what the manager wants. It’s about standards both on and off the field and he just can’t seem to grasp that. He’s his own worst enemy but it will be his career that suffers. 

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Sounds like lies to me. Youth team players say he trains very hard and is great to be around.

Lies? He’s been suspended! That decision won’t have been taken lightly. He’s arguably one of Latics’ best assets. He would be in the team if he wasn’t suspended. The guy must be an idiot. I’d love to know why Blackburn cut short his season long loan and why Wigan got rid of him so quickly. I’ve said it before, there’s a common denominator in all of this, and it’s Jack Byrne. He needs to take a good look at himself.

Is he a top class dickhead coz he shouted at Wellens a few times?

Coz I thought Wellens was a first class dickhead for the way he handled Byrne. 

Sad to see a decent players career take a further knock coz of a totally inept manager. But that’s football. 

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Sad to see a decent players career take a further knock coz of a totally inept manager. But that’s football. 

Don’t really understand what you are saying. He’s been suspended under FB’s management. Is it never Byrne's fault?

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Who are you saying is the inept manager?

Wellens or Bunn?

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Lies? He’s been suspended! That decision won’t have been taken lightly. He’s arguably one of Latics’ best assets. He would be in the team if he wasn’t suspended. The guy must be an idiot. I’d love to know why Blackburn cut short his season long loan and why Wigan got rid of him so quickly. I’ve said it before, there’s a common denominator in all of this, and it’s Jack Byrne. He needs to take a good look at himself.

Don’t really understand what you are saying. He’s been suspended under FB’s management. Is it never Byrne's fault?

Ok he’s training with the youth team under FB’s management. There’s obviously a reason why he is. 

56 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

So he’s effectively suspended! At least from the first team. That’s what I said!!!

52 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Ok you tell me. Has he been suspended? 

Stick to your initial statement Gary :chubb: 

He's a promising talent, but he isn't our best player (Baxter is a much better footballer), and he has been a dick throughout his brief career. He wasn't even that good in the final third of the season. Infact, he was crap at times. Another one who didn't step up to the plate. Ideally, he'd grow up and stay, but as it stands i'd actually be relieved he just pissed off. This is becoming a pain. As Frankie said, the club has/is clearing the decks and is building anew. Quite right. If Byrne doesn't grow up fast, he'll never fulfil his potential.

11 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He's a promising talent, but he isn't our best player (Baxter is a much better footballer), and he has been a dick throughout his brief career. He wasn't even that good in the final third of the season. Infact, he was crap at times. Another one who didn't step up to the plate. Ideally, he'd grow up and stay, but as it stands i'd actually be relieved he just pissed off. This is becoming a pain. As Frankie said, the club has/is clearing the decks and is building anew. Quite right. If Byrne doesn't grow up fast, he'll never fulfil his potential.

You may be right, there's talented players in non league and if he's not careful that's where he might go.

4 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Bunn is trying to unravel the mess he inherited from Wellens and three league games in, you can see he's already showing signs of turning it around and that's without our so called 'Best player'

Fair play to him 

Agree with this 100%.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Not sure that the Byrne style of play would fit in with Frankie Bunn’s footballing philosophy. He is, when on form, a superb attacking threat. However he has not, as far as I have seen, done any the ‘dirty work’ I.e. tracking back, closing down. 

I don’t know whether Jose does that side of the game either, but having both in the team might be a luxury we can ill afford at the level we play..

Having said that, we see the likes of Aguero and Sterling delivering on these aspects of the game so it can be done.

i would also love to see Baxter and Byrne together out on the park - ?

Edited by TheBigDog

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Not sure that the Byrne style of play would fit in with Frankie Bunn’s footballing philosophy. He is, when on form, a superb attacking threat. However he has not, as far as I have seen, done any the ‘dirty work’ I.e. tracking back, closing down. 

I don’t know whether Jose does that side of the game either, but having both in the team might be a luxury we can I’ll afford at the level we play..

Having said that, we see the likes of Aguero and Sterling delivering on these aspects of the game so it can be done.

i would also love to see Baxter and Byrne together out on the park - ?

Baxter came on at FGR and started chasing everything down. Not too sure how I felt about it tbh.

4 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Bunn is trying to unravel the mess he inherited from Wellens and three league games in, you can see he's already showing signs of turning it around and that's without our so called 'Best player'

Fair play to him 

There was no mess, a talented group of players just ultimately underperformed.

All Bunn has displayed so far is an ability to toe the line.