Jack Byrne ❤️

Dazzler started off well in his first 2 games getting 4 points. We outplayed Walsall away but only came away with a draw, they were a very good side that year and only missed out on automatic promotion by a single point.

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Dazzler started off well in his first 2 games getting 4 points. We outplayed Walsall away but only came away with a draw, they were a very good side that year and only missed out on automatic promotion by a single point.

Ok. I’m not letting that one go. We did not outplay Walsall one bit that day. Romain Sawyers absolutely bossed it. They coulda been outta sight at HT. We had 1 second half spell when Jake Cassidy swung in a hit& hope cross that Forte finished well. That was it. We were lucky to get a draw.

Expected goals. Not exactly sure this is right but my understanding is it’s basically a measure of quality of chances created as well as quantity. It’s what Brentford use in their recruitment and how their owner originally made his millions.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Expected goals. Not exactly sure this is right but my understanding is it’s basically a measure of quality of chances created as well as quantity. It’s what Brentford use in their recruitment and how their owner originally made his millions.

They not interested in O'Grady then :laught16: 

Whose their useless lump upfront? I thought every team needed one or is that just unsuccessful ones? 

26 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Expected goals............what  a waste of time ! 

Read a bloody book or go and sweep your path if you're that desperate to do something.

Daft to dismiss it out of hand. It can be a very useful tool in many ways: the quality of the chances being created; whether a team is wasteful or clinical. 

14 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Daft to dismiss it out of hand. It can be a very useful tool in many ways: the quality of the chances being created; whether a team is wasteful or clinical. 

The only useful tool in football is the one who puts the ball in the back of the net. Sorry I know I'm a dinosaur but it's all about what's on the field that counts in my quaint old fashioned world.

Edited by Bobledgersheart

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The only useful tool in football is the one who puts the ball in the back of the net. Sorry I know I'm a dinosaur but it's all about what's on the field that counts in my quaint old fashioned world.

Maybe we should sack our analyst then and save a wage.*

*only joking AL.

Edited by yarddog73

On 8/15/2018 at 1:52 PM, josh_latics said:

Perhaps. But after 180 minutes of football!? Do me a favour.