Jack Byrne ❤️

Just now, al_bro said:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/1207/1015845-jack-byrne-moves-to-shamrock-rovers/

3 or 4 offers from England all more lucrative for him. He may be happier as a top dog in a team.

There is something inherently wrong with Jack Byrne's mental state, when it comes to his self-importance. He may think he will be the big fish in a little pond but so will many other players and I predict a repeating scenario...club after club, after club, after club...

2 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Hope all is ok

🤞

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=8059&ShowCat=

Doesn't give much away but I get the impression from the Shamrock Rovers article that it was because he wasn't getting first team football...

I played a couple of times for Kilmarnock this year coming off the bench, it’s frustrating when you’re doing everything you can to get into a team. They were getting good results and it was hard to get a start. I took the decision to come home and it’s the best thing for me. 

Few people in this thread who were vocal during his ‘exile’ and departure are no longer vocal....

Byrne is a good footballer who doesn’t seem to have the attitude to be a professional footballer.... as he has proved quite a few times already.  

He needs to grow up very quickly or he will be out of the game.  

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Few people in this thread who were vocal during his ‘exile’ and departure are no longer vocal....

Byrne is a good footballer who doesn’t seem to have the attitude to be a professional footballer.... as he has proved quite a few times already.  

He needs to grow up very quickly or he will be out of the game.  

This move suggests he very much wants to be a professional footballer...

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

This move suggests he very much wants to be a professional footballer...

Here he is.  The man that predicted Celtic or Rangers next... (you are on a roll this year).

City, Wigan, Blackburn, Oldham, Kilmarnock, Shamrock.

Which is the odd one out?

Shamrock, they haven’t ‘let him go’.... yet. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Here he is.  The man that predicted Celtic or Rangers next... (you are on a roll this year).

Shamrock, they haven’t ‘let him go’.... yet. 

He's 22, not 32.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

City. They are the only team in the English Premier League...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

He's 22, not 32.

Whats your point?  

He’s been kicked out of at least 3 clubs for his attitude. Possibly more. He’s on last orders in the last chance saloon. 

How come Killie didn’t see what you did and sell him for a million quid to Celtic? 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

He most probably will use up all of these options before the penny finally drops. 

For the record I really would like him to succeed, I hate seeing people waste their talent. 

Only issue here seems to be his unwillingness to sit on his hands.

As I said on the other thread, if he was to do that then he'd be accused of just wanting to pick up a wage.

Far as I know he's never shown Latics fans anything other than love and respect, not sure why some are so keen to keep digging him out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

City. They are the only team in the English Premier League...

Fair play.

I should have said what do 5 of these teams have in common? 

Ans: They’ve realised Byrne is a petulant child who is not worth the effort. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Whats your point?  

He’s been kicked out of at least 3 clubs for his attitude. Possibly more. He’s on last orders in the last chance saloon. 

How come Killie didn’t see what you did and sell him for a million quid to Celtic? 

Well he didn't really get the chance to show anything in his short time there...

His attitude wasn't the big problem here, his salary was.

• Like 1