Jack Byrne ❤️

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I hope to see Byrne back in the team for the crucial away match down the road from me a week Saturday, I have my ticket and I expect nothing less than a sell out for this seaside extravaganza 

Heysham!?! I used to play football for a team called Middleton that were based in Heysham. One of my best pals used to live on Twemlow Parade.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Heysham!?! I used to play football for a team called Middleton that were based in Heysham. One of my best pals used to live on Twemlow Parade.

5 minutes walk down Heysham Road from me, I was back in my home town of Oldham last week to visit family and see the sights. 

I'll be over again Saturday for match and hope you'll get yourself over to the seaside the week after for a cracking day out 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Who said he has to?

It’s only a rumour of course but from what I’ve heard he’s refused to even issue a private apology never mind a public one.

A lesson in how not to impress your new manager. If that’s the case he’s put the club and the management team in a very awkward position. What are they supposed to do with him? It’s up to him to toe the line.

We don’t know the full story as to why Jack Byrne is currently banished to train with the youth squad and unavailable to play for the first team. We are told that he is being isolated for the foreseeable future for breaching club discipline. 

Whatever he has done is deemed serious enough by the club hierarchy to merit the measures being taken.

We also don’t know what Jack’s stance is on this - does he believe that he has done wrong? If so then surely he should apologise and look to build bridges. If he does not believe he has done wrong then why would he apologise?

Although I agree that incidents like this should be dealt with internally, the lack of clarity inevitably leads to conjecture and rumour. We have a very good player (when on form) left to languish in the youth setup with no resolution forthcoming.

We have had a ‘statement’ and Frankie Bunn breaking his silence but frankly it is not good enough. Sort it please.

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We also don’t know what Jack’s stance is on this - does he believe that he has done wrong? If so then surely he should apologise and look to build bridges. If he does not believe he has done wrong then why would he apologise?

If it's something cut and dried, refusing to do extra training for example, then he should be apologising. If it's to do with the alleged Fane incident, and he believes it was a genuine accident, I can see why he might not want to apologise. If he genuinely went into a tackle to hurt Fane and refuses to apologise, he's a cunt. 

If the club would clearly say what the disciplinary issue is, they can get rid of all this conjecture. Jack Byrne on the pitch will mean more points. Get him playing or get him out of the club.

Edited by Magic Mikey

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We don’t know the full story as to why Jack Byrne is currently banished to train with the youth squad and unavailable to play for the first team. We are told that he is being isolated for the foreseeable future for breaching club discipline. 

Whatever he has done is deemed serious enough by the club hierarchy to merit the measures being taken.

Although I agree that incidents like this should be dealt with internally, the lack of clarity inevitably leads to conjecture and rumour. We have a very good player (when on form) left to languish in the youth setup with no resolution forthcoming.

We have had a ‘statement’ and Frankie Bunn breaking his silence but frankly it is not good enough. Sort it please.

IF - and I accept that’s it’s only if. But if the player is so arrogant to think that he shouldn’t need to apologise to whoever he’s upset, be it the management team, his teammates, or Fane (if he was responsible for the injury), then it really does put FB and AL in an awkward position. Do they back down and let him back into the first team set up? If they do that though what sort of a message does that give to the rest of the squad and the younger players? Is one man bigger than the rest of them just because he thinks he’s a superstar?

Its all conjecture of course because we don’t know the whole story.

Just for the record I’d love to see Byrne back in the team if he can reproduce the form he had pre-Christmas. After January though I didn’t think he was very good.

Its he who needs to fit in with the club ethos though, not the other way around.

Dont forget its not the first time that he’s encountered problems at a club. Is it ALWAYS somebody else’s fault?

15 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I hope to see Byrne back in the team for the crucial away match down the road from me a week Saturday, I have my ticket and I expect nothing less than a sell out for this seaside extravaganza 

If we get turned over by Macc i can see this happenning. 

Tomorrow we will have almost everyone available in some capacity,except for Byrne. There are that many twists and turns in a week at BP it would be no surprise for another statement to be issued ( Jack has been a naughty boy,he is sorry for walking on the cracks in the pavement, has apologised and is now available should the manager want to pick him )

Life is very tough at the bottom of the football league !

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

If the club would clearly say what the disciplinary issue is, they can get rid of all this conjecture.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm certain they can't due to employee confidentiality. They could get taken to the cleaners if it prejudices any further developments.

57 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

An internal apology would be a start but I believe he refuses to apologise to his manager and chairman. Hence he’s training with the youth.

I suppose the verdict on that situation would depend on whether he is refusing because he is arrogant and childish or whether he really believes he has done nothing to apologise for.

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I suppose the verdict on that situation would depend on whether he is refusing because he is arrogant and childish or whether he really believes he has done nothing to apologise for.

For the management team to see fit to suspend one of our so called better players then I would suggest it’s the former.

Tevez refused to come on as a sub live on national and world wide tv. He was told he’d never play for the club again. He did, and I believe that was the season city went on to lift thier first title in along time.

i know photographs with fans doesn’t  mean much, however he does seem happy to mix with the fans be friendly etc. I believe he gave one young fan his boots or gloves and the end of one game. 

He doesnt come come across as a arrogant monster to me. He has a bad rep from other clubs, however seemed to leave his foreign club with rave reviews on good terms. As I have said before he’s young, lost his father at a very young age. Maybe he just needs a arm round him and positive support and praise, like some players do.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I don’t believe for one minute that Frankie Bunn and AL are making this up. What good would that do?  AL invested heavily in bringing Byrne to the club. It’s not in his interest to have him not playing . Best for all concerned would be to loan him out to a non league team who would kick the shit out of the little bastard. Might do him good. 

11 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I don’t believe for one minute that Frankie Bunn and AL are making this up. What good would that do?  AL invested heavily in bringing Byrne to the club. It’s not in his interest to have him not playing . Best for all concerned would be to loan him out to a non league team who would kick the shit out of the little bastard. Might do him good. 

:petesake: 

No words.

38 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

?

I simply don’t believe it

Edited by stevesidg

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I completely disagree. The best thing would be to resolve the situation for both parties and stick him back in the Latics midfield...where he belongs. On form, he will run rings around most League Two teams.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Doesn't say much for either side that they haven't been able to reintegrate him two months on.

This is the most unbelievable aspect, are there many other instances where a player has been suspended for 2.months and no one knows why?