Jack Byrne ❤️

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I don’t believe for one minute that Frankie Bunn and AL are making this up. What good would that do?  AL invested heavily in bringing Byrne to the club. It’s not in his interest to have him not playing . Best for all concerned would be to loan him out to a non league team who would kick the shit out of the little bastard. Might do him good. 

Gammon.

3 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

I don’t believe for one minute that Frankie Bunn and AL are making this up. What good would that do?  AL invested heavily in bringing Byrne to the club. It’s not in his interest to have him not playing . Best for all concerned would be to loan him out to a non league team who would kick the shit out of the little bastard. Might do him good. 

You said he’d definitely gone last week Smiley...

Has anybody got verified proof of what has gone on and why he's suspended?

Because 5 pages in and I'm still reading guesswork!!!

So far, we've had:

- he doesn't want to play in this division.

- he doesn't like FB's training regime.

- he lashed out deliberately at Fane and refuses to apologise.

- he accidently broke Fane's leg and refuses to apologise.

- he wants to play but FB or AL don't want him in the squad.

WTF is going on??? 

32 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Has anybody got verified proof of what has gone on and why he's suspended?

Because 5 pages in and I'm still reading guesswork!!!

So far, we've had:

- he doesn't want to play in this division.

- he doesn't like FB's training regime.

- he lashed out deliberately at Fane and refuses to apologise.

- he accidently broke Fane's leg and refuses to apologise.

- he wants to play but FB or AL don't want him in the squad.

WTF is going on??? 

I think the more likely scenario is that he’s breached club discipline, he wants to play but he can’t bring himself to apologise, thereby causing an impasse. If that’s the case then it’s him who needs to back down because I can’t see the management team doing.

2 hours ago, singe said:

This is the most unbelievable aspect, are there many other instances where a player has been suspended for 2.months and no one knows why? 

I don't know for certain the reason why he's been suspended, but Jack hasn't trained with the first team since the day he made the tackle that broke Fane's leg. Make of that what you will...

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not really. If he refused to train with the kids surely his wages could be withheld. 

He could have been suspended with pay, which I think may be the usual way of things...or given the old 'gardeners leave' or whatever. 

14 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Well Ryan let’s put it this way I don’t think you will see him in a first team shirt again. 

If it turns out that it's due to Fanes injury and was reckless or deliberate with no apology then I don't want to see him play again for us. That is aside from his alleged Billy Big Timer antics to the rest of the team. No one player is bigger than the others. 

2 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

If it turns out that it's due to Fanes injury and was reckless or deliberate with no apology then I don't want to see him play again for us. That is aside from his alleged Billy Big Timer antics to the rest of the team. No one player is bigger than the others. 

Cue Gerrard joke.

41 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

He's actually quite a bit smaller than the rest. Sorry. :getmecoat:

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I suppose the verdict on that situation would depend on whether he is refusing because he is arrogant and childish or whether he really believes he has done nothing to apologise for.

I know people who know Byrne.  They speak highly of him. 

I think like in real life outside football (where there is often no one reason for most things that happen)  he can be arrogant and childish at times, but also believe he has done nothing to apologise for. 

He’s still a young man. Talent might outweigh maturity in some circumstances. 

Ultimately  I don’t think the club has done itself any favours in how this situation is being managed. 

I think the “nobody is bigger than the club” is an easy line to throw out when there is a player to stitch up. 

Very easy for a club to let the “bad egg” line run too. 

There is a shit situation here and the club is trying to take the moral high ground. And I don’t believe the club on this one. 

That ‘s a real shame  

#fleejackbyrne

Edited by Nohairdontcare

I really don't know what to make of this.

You can tell from his persona he's a bit out there.

His performance at home against Southend stands out from last year. Three games to go. Must win at home. Make them look like Brazil and lose 3-0.

That night, he wanted every free kick, even the ones on the edge of our box, couldn't be arsed getting back, stropped and wanted the ball  every time we had it (maybe not a bad thing) but it was too much. Stroppy, arrogant and lazy.

That said, on the ball, with the ball he's a million miles above anything we have bar Baxter.

Again if he did break Fanés leg on purpose, that has been well documented, what's the right thing to do with him? On this subject, why would he want to do this? As someone else on here pointed out, unless it was a two foot lunge half a metre off the ground, how's it been proven it was deliberate unless he admitted it?

For me, business is football. We're not in an office environment.

The club need a good season. For me a season of 14th-20th will set us in another rut.

My main belief is team spirit wins you this league, heart, effort and togetherness and a little bit of class. People claim he's disruptive, but I know Bryan, Gardner, Davies and Doyle to name a few all got on with him. So based on that, I don't see how he's effecting team spirit?

He needs putting in ASAP, at least for a chance. Him, Jose, Clarke and one of the two young lads/Miller to come good and we've more than enough for a 7th-10th challenge.

I just hope we don't fall too far off the pace before it's all resolved ....

6 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I think like in real life outside football (where there is often no one reason for most things that happen)  he can be arrogant and childish at times, but also believe he has done nothing to apologise for. 

Ultimately  I don’t think the club has done itself any favours in how this situation is being managed. 

I think the “nobody is bigger than the club” is an easy line to throw out when there is a player to stitch up. 

There is a shit situation here and the club is trying to take the moral high ground. And I don’t believe the club on this one. 

That ‘s a real shame  

#fleejackbyrne

Let’s not forget though that in 2016 he joined Blackburn on a season long loan. Blackburn cancelled it in Jan 2017 and sent him back to City.

He then joined Wigan on a 3 and half year deal. He lasted 12 months before they sold him to us, and part of that was spent on loan with us.

Its been reported that his attitude was poor at both those clubs hence is short times there, and now he finds himself suspended here.

The club obviously feel he has stepped out of line enough to warrant suspending him. They know all about his talent, and at his best he’s very good, but to be honest we saw very little of his best post January.

Its up to Jack what he makes of his career, he’s got some very good attributes, but he really needs to grow up and grow up quickly otherwise he might be viewed as someone to avoid, and he will probably end up back in Ireland.

Change your attitude and knuckle down Jack. It’s up to you ultimately.

10 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

but also believe he has done nothing to apologise for. 

How can you possibly know this?

... also, as Gary said above, you are ignoring the evidence of his career so far.  He is undoubtedly a good player and it’s up to him to realise his talent. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How can you possibly know this?

... also, as Gary said above, you are ignoring the evidence of his career so far.  He is undoubtedly a good player and it’s up to him to realise his talent. 

He said he that believes, not that he knows. Reading things helps.

Guest Stanley30

Fuck it. Just play him. Who cares if he’s a knob. It’s football! Not like we’re in the bloody trenches and u need reliable guys. We need to win matches. Imagine if Madrid had our view, they’d never have played Ronaldo 

Edited by Stanley30

11 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

That ‘s a real shame  

#fleejackbyrne

When the real truth comes out your statement above might make you look a gulable prat. Mark my words he’s suspended from the first team for very good reasons and you won’t see him playing in a Latics shirt again.