30 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It saddens me how unimportant the League Cup is viewed nowadays. Especially given our history in it. 

This is about as big a draw as we could have got with Lampard being their manager yet there'll be less than 3,000 (maybe even less than 2000) there unless Derby bring a few. 

And why do people want/expect it to be a tenner against Championship opposition where we could progress to a lucrative next round draw yet are fine with £17 to watch us play Macclesfield? 

Surely it should be the other way round?

Probably due to the fact that we have had a poor start The prospect of Chris O'grady uptop on his own against championship defenders doesn't fill me with much confidence. 

Apathy is already setting in its worrying. 

10 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

If this isn’t a cricket score I’ll be amazed

Derby won't score 562 for 4 declared I can guarantee you that.

I am however expecting us to get a twatting if they turn up anywhere near to full strength.

Edited by GlossopLatic

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It saddens me how unimportant the League Cup is viewed nowadays. Especially given our history in it. 

This is about as big a draw as we could have got with Lampard being their manager yet there'll be less than 3,000 (maybe even less than 2000) there unless Derby bring a few. 

And why do people want/expect it to be a tenner against Championship opposition where we could progress to a lucrative next round draw yet are fine with £17 to watch us play Macclesfield? 

Surely it should be the other way round?

After Forest green and especially with Bunn's comments on Derby i'm going to save my money.

'We'll turn up and have a go' jesus christ.

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

Because August 2017 vs Burton, it was a tenner. 

Because August 2016 v Wigan, it was a tenner. 

And I'm pretty sure the Boro games were a tenner. 

Fair enough,  but that is cheap, I doubt there are many clubs doing that?  Mate of mine who is a Rochdale fan (not chaddysmoker) is paying £20 I think.

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Usually love the cups as a bit of an adventure but this season I was just focused on 46 cup finals in the league. That view hasn't changed. Wholesale changes and ready to go again on Saturday.

On a side note our record in this competition is absolutely horrific. Since that R4 run in 2003 I don't think we've had many great draws (Spurs at home maybe back when they were average) and apart from great draws I think we've gone out in the first round in 8 of the last 9 years. 

Not made Round 3 since 2003 ? find that astonishing! Record since then Played 19 Won 4 Lost 15 ?

Played 20 lost 16 it is then!

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

After Forest green and especially with Bunn's comments on Derby i'm going to save my money.

'We'll turn up and have a go' jesus christ.

In a pre season interview, when asked what targets were set for this season he said "We'll see how it goes".

I almost shat myself with excitement..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoytonLatics said:

According to twitter they've sold around 800 so far. 

They're bringing 800+, Forest brought 700 for a friendly...

..do they not have anything better to do in that part of the world??

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

They're bringing 800+, Forest brought 700 for a friendly...

..do they not have anything better to do in that part of the world??

Derby average 30,000 home fans - so I would expect at least a thousand despite being hammered at home by DL(*) on Saturday.

And then there is the Lampard feel good effect. 

Come to think of it, they should be bringing more ?

* Dirty Leeds

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

In a pre season interview, when asked what targets were set for this season he said "We'll see how it goes".

I almost shat myself with excitement..

A bit like when asked what his style of play was in his first interview...

'erm, we'll have to have a look at that' 

Only two games in and the cracks are beginning to show.

A couple of rule changes:

Match goes to penalties if scores level after 90 minutes (stupid)

Yellow cards don't count toward league suspension. 2 yellows in EFL cup = suspended for the next round. (Yeah alright)

But red cards still leave you suspended for any upcoming first team game(s)

Yaaaay Game day :applause1:

I Can't decide between the Joe Royle white elephant stand or be in with the Main stand moaners. Suppose i could go in the Chaddy and join in with the singing and cheering ( Can't beat a bit of nostalgia ). Whatever, let us all just turn up and see what happens! Come on you Blues :D:chubb::jester::clown::jester::chubb::D

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Decided on going. Doesn’t set me back too much due to being a student and should be good to see the signage for the JF stand and to see Royle. As for the football I’m not expecting much 

ahhhh now it all makes sense....