45 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Gardner? He is ok... that’s it.  Trier. 

Gets caught in possession an awful lot. 

Coming from the bloke who used to get his tissues out over Fane that is very rich indeed

I was thinking about re-phrasing this but thought why bother

Edited by ChaddySmoker
yarddog73

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes probably a big part in the best team we've had in the last eight or nine years but he's a fraud :chubb:

Yet he isn’t sticking in a piss poor Carlisle team. Kelly massively overrated too imo. Also not featuring for Cov. 

Ooooooo controversial.  ?

35 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Gardner is good for the level. If you look when he gives away possession by turning back and forth it's normally because nobody is showing for him. He either tries to keep it and wait for a pass or hoofs it. I know which I'd rather see. 

Or he doesn’t get his head up...  

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Coming from the bloke who used to get his tissues out over Fane that is very rich indeed

I was thinking about re-phrasing this but thought why bother

You are exaggerating. Again. Fane would (will) walk in to the current midfield. I’m not saying Gardner shouldn’t be there I’m just saying he is ok, nothing more.  They have different roles, but you already know that. 

Despite his limitations Fane is exactly what our midfield of shrinking violets is missing. Someone to put his foot in and plug the yawning chasm between the striker(s) and defence and it would free Gardner to make those runs around the edge of the box.

Thanks Jack...

14 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Despite his limitations Fane is exactly what our midfield of shrinking violets is missing. Someone to put his foot in and plug the yawning chasm between the striker(s) and defence and it would free Gardner to make those runs around the edge of the box.

Thanks Jack...

Wasn't much of a partnership last season...

2 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Thanks Jack...

Wondered who would be first to raise this issue, problem is the longer he is out the better player he will start to become on here.  Sorry about the injury but not missed one bit.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Wondered who would be first to raise this issue, problem is the longer he is out the better player he will start to become on here.  Sorry about the injury but not missed one bit.

I think we’re both experienced enough to make an unblinkered judgement on a player without his time out injured making him better than he is. He’s an awful footballler BUT Read the post again - he’s limited but has enough to get in this team and be more than effective. Yes he’s shit with the ball but 80% of the 20 odd players on show at forest green were too. 

For me Bunn needs to bring in at least another midfielder perhaps two. As our wingers are poor I’d play four midfielders press like hell and be up for a fight. If need be we can go longer IF we have pace and power amongst our stable of strikers as I’ve only seen FG and Derby, I have yet to see Miller, Surridge and of course the Wigan kid.