The Joe Royle Stand

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why didn't they do it Saturday? Far more in attendance than for tomorrows game, oh well hope it goes well.

because it wasn’t ready? Because Joe had some work to do?

Can we not pick at absolutely everything the club do? 

Just now, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Get the point about Joe but if it’s ready tomorrow there’s a fair chance it would still be ready 4 days later. 

He said “why didn’t we do it Saturday?”.  Sorry, may bad I though he was speaking in the past tense.  He meant this Saturday I now presume?  Anyhow... Joe bit stands. 

50 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I'm really glad they've done something like this while Joe is still around to see how much he means to Latics fans.  The fact that we're shit now shouldn't stop us acknowledging the contribution of the club's greatest ever manager.

The Bobby Johnstone stand?

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Just hope he plans to re-name the Chadderton Road End to The John Sheridan End.

The man who joined us in 1998 and kept us up with kids. Then scored a penalty and again helped us stay up on one leg in 2003. Then took us to the play-offs in 2007 with a squad that has played the best football at this club since 1993. 

Then move onto when he came back in successive seasons and kept us up from nowhere. The bookies wrote us off, every club wrote us off, nine points adrift, but that man kept us up, not once, twice.

I still maintain the opinion had he not been shown the door last season we wouldn't be where we are today.

Are u me ?

Don’t get carried away... we need to keep at least one stand for when someone drags us from the depths of non league right back to the Premier League where we do a Leicester and Joe is remembered as someone who “did ok”.

Cockroaches will inherit the Earth before this happens of course 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Don’t get carried away... we need to keep at least one stand for when someone drags us from the depths of non league right back to the Premier League where we do a Leicester and Joe is remembered as someone who “did ok”.

Cockroaches will inherit the Earth before this happens of course 

Jimmy Frizz stand (roch)

Joe Royle stand (north)

Roger Palmer stand (chaddy)

Reserved for the messiah stand (main)

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So you don’t agree there have been some good supporter focused initiatives this season?  (Regarding downvote)

Yes there has there's no denying that, it's just a shame we can't continue the good feeling with the product served up on the pitch. 

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes there has there's no denying that, it's just a shame we can't continue the good feeling with the product served up on the pitch. 

Agreed.  Let’s hope it happens.  

To the other poster... denying they are trying off the pitch is unfair and a bit fingers-in-ears childish.