The Joe Royle Stand

This is another really positive background move, especially for those of us who were supporting the club through the ‘pinch-me’ years. Jimmy Frizzell, Joe Royle and Boundary Park, our heritage is gradually being returned to us – by a Moroccan.  Lemsagam may not be local or even British but along with his match day support he is having a fair crack at integrating with us.

Loosely based on the ‘known’ facts he ‘appears’ to have taken us on without owning any of the land or the Joe Royle Stand and heaven knows what else. Very different from the last bailout.

Experienced club owners are rarer than hens teeth. So, absolutely, Lemsagam is learning on his feet.

He has possibly put 500 on the gate for tomorrow night to boot.

The guy is doing ok, while he gets his head around the enormity of running a professional football club.    

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Giving one of, if not the greatest, legend of the club the name of a stand that isn't a.) finished or b.) owned by the club.

Should have been the Main Stand. Nice idea nontheless.

Isn't the Main Stand already named...after Curtis Main? :-)

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

This is another really positive background move, especially for those of us who were supporting the club through the ‘pinch-me’ years. Jimmy Frizzell, Joe Royle and Boundary Park, our heritage is gradually being returned to us – by a Moroccan.  Lemsagam may not be local or even British but along with his match day support he is having a fair crack at integrating with us.

Loosely based on the ‘known’ facts he ‘appears’ to have taken us on without owning any of the land or the Joe Royle Stand and heaven knows what else. Very different from the last bailout. Experienced club owners are rarer than hens teeth. So, absolutely, Lemsagam is learning on his feet.

He has possibly put 500 on the gate for tomorrow night to boot.

The guy is doing ok, while he gets his head around the enormity of running a professional football club.   

Couldnt he realise that the most mportant part of running a professional football club is to put out 11 footballers on a Saturday afternoon? 

Fcuk the heritage, I want to see entertaining football. Some people are easily fooled

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

So Ryan (no surprise) also thinks there have been no good supporter initiatives this year.   

expected.  

What a strange thing to make up.

Oh and by the way, just thought I’d point out that ‘no surprise’ and ‘expected’ mean the same thing... :idea:

8 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Couldnt he realise that the most mportant part of running a professional football club is to put out 11 footballers on a Saturday afternoon? 

Fcuk the heritage, I want to see entertaining football. Some people are easily fooled

He may well have tried to do that last season. He may well have thought his experience of finding players clubs gave him the magic ability to judge how good they actually were. Which of course is nonsense.

You and the rest of us may well 'prefer' a substantial improvement on the field but like Lemsagam appear to be short of the necessary.

You seem to be comparing the cost of renameing two stands and integrating with the natives is crucial to improving our squad - it's not.

We were skint under Corney and little appears to have changed. 

There is no queue to fund our club or any other club for that matter. I have said before, 'running a business on roughly 30 opening days a year is cronically difficult and nye on impossible, as has been proven time, after time, after time at every level'.

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with ambition, but ambition is self achieved.

Let's be patient (we are good at it) and see how it goes. The alternative is...?

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

What a strange thing to make up.

Oh and by the way, just thought I’d point out that ‘no surprise’ and ‘expected’ mean the same thing... :idea:

I didn’t make it up. You downvoted the observation I posted about many fan focussed improvements. 

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

He may well have tried to do that last season. He may well have thought his experience of finding players clubs gave him the magic ability to judge how good they actually were. Which of course is nonsense.

You and the rest of us may well 'prefer' a substantial improvement on the field but like Lemsagam appear to be short of the necessary.

You seem to be comparing the cost of renameing two stands and integrating with the natives is crucial to improving our squad - it's not.

We were skint under Corney and little appears to have changed. 

There is no queue to fund our club or any other club for that matter. I have said before, 'running a business on roughly 30 opening days a year is cronically difficult and nye on impossible, as has been proven time, after time, after time at every level'.

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with ambition, but ambition is self achieved.

Let's be patient (we are good at it) and see how it goes. The alternative is...?

From your post it looks like the cronic lack of funds means that the end is nye :goggle: 

3 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

We were skint under Corney and little appears to have changed

I am really struggling to follow your chain of thought as much as you are quite obviously struggling with mine.

I was telling you which of two matters I judged substantially much more important, ie players on the pitch.

I never referred to ALs funding at all.

Not every club needs to throw money at the squad, especially in the 4th division.

I am not impressed with our new owner