Callum Lang

21 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

You're asking what the point is in signing someone you're predicting will score every other game...?!

No asking what the point is of only making it half a season. If he doesn't score and is garbage we can send him back .. so should have been a full season from the outlet so cover ourselves. 

It is fascinating to see.  We approach the season with our only striker, Baxter is not and Branger isn't, out on loan and then a flood of which two are injured (looks that way from the official) and O'Grady still doesn't seem to be able to do it for us.  So now another loan of a promising striker.  Presumably they have worked out that the way they are working the players means we are unlikely to have a fully fit squad ever.

Welcome Callum - look after yourself.  If anything train with Wigan and just turn up here on match days.  Could play tonight if Wigan allow it.

33 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

No asking what the point is of only making it half a season. If he doesn't score and is garbage we can send him back .. so should have been a full season from the outlet so cover ourselves. 

What if Wigan were only willing to let him out for half a season?

His ten goals last season came from 14 starts and a load of sub appearances.  Can't argue with that.

41 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

What if Wigan were only willing to let him out for half a season?

His ten goals last season came from 14 starts and a load of sub appearances.  Can't argue with that.

FWIW he looks a good signing and I reckon he'll bag a few. As mentioned they've both had a year previous to get experience and shake off rust, they're both young strikers with pace looking to prove themselves. 

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Lang and Surridge on Saturday, hopefully.

Unless they are both wonderkids I'd still start with one of O'Grady or Miller on Saturday.  Despite COG being awful at FGR I still think that we need an experienced striker for the young guns to play off if we go with two up top.

If we get the chance to play Baxter though I'd drop both oldies and play one of Lang or Surridge up on their own with Jose deeper.

36 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Unless they are both wonderkids I'd still start with one of O'Grady or Miller on Saturday.  Despite COG being awful at FGR I still think that we need an experienced striker for the young guns to play off if we go with two up top.

If we get the chance to play Baxter though I'd drop both oldies and play one of Lang or Surridge up on their own with Jose deeper.

Can't agree sorry, I've posted on another thread my reasoning. Surridge and Lang is infinitely more appealing than any strike force that contains O'Grady, Benteke or for that matter Miller. I'd only play Miller if fit and I'd still start the other two Surridge alongside and Lang coming in off the right. O'Grady and Benteke are no more than bench warmers.

Edited by yarddog73

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't agree sorry, I've posted on another thread my reasoning. Surridge and Lang is infinitely more appealing than any strike force that contains O'Grady, Benteke or for that matter Miller. I'd only play Miller if fit and I'd still start the other two Surridge alongside and Lang coming in off the right. O'Grady and Benteke are no more than bench warmers.

Not sure they’re even up to that! In the litrual term

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Three games into the season.  O'Grady written off.  Benteke written off.  Miller written off.

Ridiculous.  Litrually.

Personally I wrote O'Grady and Benteke off after the pre season they showed nothing that would make you offer them a contract, hope they prove me wrong but can't see it, I reckon Bunn will be getting to the end of his tether with them as well and will be shocked if either are in the starting eleven Saturday.

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Three games into the season.  O'Grady written off.  Benteke written off.  Miller written off.

Ridiculous.  Litrually.

Luckily we did not get Harry Kane on loan cos he can't score in August either

2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Ridiculous.  Litrually.

You really believe ogrady or benteke will score or assist more than 10 between them. I am willing to give miller a little longer to get fit

20 minutes ago, latics22 said:

You really believe ogrady or benteke will score or assist more than 10 between them. I am willing to give miller a little longer to get fit

I think there is a chance with O'grady to come good , Benteke and Miller i will quite happily write off (even if it goes against the wisdom of the OWTB panel of football geniuses)