Macclesfield (h)

18 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I think he went 3 at the back rather than going defensive. But I'm not there, so I don't know.

We went five at the back, started well eased off and were lucky to hang on because Macc pushed everyone on and we nicked a breakaway goal.

Couple of things bothering me, firstly Frankie Bunn looks downbeat and down in the dumps on the touchline I'd even go as far as saying looking clueless, hands on hips painful expression, he's hardly conveying a positive vibe and more pertinent how the fuck is Giles Coke stealing a wage off us, dreadful footballer, shits out of everything and was non existent that second half.

Take the win though and the season starts here. 

He (Miller) looked like Bambi on ice at first. Then he put on a pair of roller skates and bamboozled everyone including himself.

It was a bizarre game and the complete opposite to FGR. We were nearly cruising at 2-0 then we decided to let them have the ball. Even the number 14 started to look threatening. 

It would have been so much easier just to take Coke off and put Baxter on instead of pushing Hunt into midfield.

Very strange.

Still 3-1 is 3-1 irrespective of how much better than us Macc were in the second half.

Edit:

COG very good.

Eddie outstanding.

Edited by L1onheartNew

My word that second half was strange.  Scored two goals and won 3-1 but were poor from the start of the second half.  

Suppose you can look at it two ways, we dug in and put everything on the line to keep ahead or we were rubbish second half and made them look good and could of threw a 2 goal lead away.  I'll be positive and go for the first option.

Should of brought Jose on to calm things down at 2-1, must be a reason he didn't come on.

Defence threw themselves at everything.   Few hairy moments to say the least.  Clarke and Edmunson were rocks.

O'Grady had a decent game and linked play well.  Surridge took his goal beautifully and will only get better.  Gardner had his usual game. Well done to Miller.  Coke..... no idea.

My MOM is Edmunson/Clarke, can't decide.

Edited by deckyd

Well played lads.  Got some decent players coming in now and surprise surprise the performance improves. 

First half we dominated easily. We struggled second half though with their their size and tactics and we were hanging on a bit. 

Two good goals to bookend the match

Onwards and upwards.

Why he didn’t change it with Baxter I have no idea. To say coke lines up alongside Gardner in the centre, shows u how litttle coke does! Gardner if everywhere. Coke just hides away. 

Millar is a beast! But slow, if he can lose a bit of wieght or muscle and speed up will be decent.

dont know why he didn’t make a sub at the end, would have wasted some time.

but we won 3-1 so all good! Wooooo hoooooo

Edited by latics22

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why he didn’t change it with Baxter I have no idea. To say coke line up alongside Gardner in the centre shows u how litttle coke does! 

Millar is a beast! But slow, if he can lose a bit of wieght or muscle and speed up will be decent.

dont hey hey he didn’t make a sub at the end also to waste some time.

but we won 3-1 so all good! Wooooo hoooooo

Gardner was every bit as bad as coke today. (Not really, but it got a reaction and he certainly didn’t have the great game many seem to think he had imo... he’s ok)

Was crying out for Baxter.  When he is fit and firing I honestly think we will do well in this league. 

Edited by kowenicki