Macclesfield (h)

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

More mindless negativity from you?

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You whining like a child regardless. 

What am I saying... you are a child.  

Apologies. 

starting a new thread asking for opinions on the game for Saturday and it’s hijacked by these goons. Poor form lads move on.

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

starting a new thread asking for opinions on the game for Saturday and it’s hijacked by these goons. Poor form lads move on.

We shall score score points.  There you go... You can now quote this and feel all superior if I am wrong.  

You are a sad act. So negative when so young. 

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

We shall score score points.  There you go... You can now quote this and feel all superior if I am wrong.  

You are a sad act. So negative when so young. 

He started a thread with a reasonable question. No need to start with the bitching, better to say nothing than make it look like you have a agenda. 

It's early in the season so it can't be described as a must win.

Yet the club as a whole needs a pick-me-up and a win on Saturday (and/or against Yeovil and Morecambe) could go a huge way to providing that.

I know that failing to beat and getting outplayed by Forest Green is hard for people to accept, but I think the next 3 games will give us a much clearer idea of which way we are heading.  Forest Green have the ability to spend transfer fees on a lot of their players (unusual for this level), Macclesfield, Yeovil and Morecambe certainly don't.  If we are winless after those three games I'll be panicking about our prospects.

My first game of the season so I'll be optimistic but the match reports and form seen all to familiar . We need get on the score sheet first something we've had problems with for ages. We saw how effective set pieces are at the world cup and if we can't break teams down we really should be working on these to give us some threat. Hopefully with a few players back we can get the win. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

We'll need to score at least two. Danny Whittaker will score for Macc (probably a penalty).

At least the opportunity to welcome back our best midfielder of the last 25 years should put an extra few thousand on the gate.

3 minutes ago, rteoafc said:

At least the opportunity to welcome back our best midfielder of the last 25 years should put an extra few thousand on the gate.

Yep :D thing is, he has played over 500 league games and then over 200 for Macc non league.

Gotta admire those kind of stats and being better than Wellens :)

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Yep :D thing is, he has played over 500 league games and then over 200 for Macc non league.

Gotta admire those kind of stats and being better than Wellens :)

Not forgetting 100 career goals.

18 minutes ago, rteoafc said:

That made me laugh. I really liked him here though. Thought the midfield he and Wellens operated in was our best in certainly the last 10-12 years, and that wasn’t just down to Wellens.

I’m in two minds sadly about this one. Despite a poor start to the season, I still remain slightly optimistic that once our players are back we will start to improve (mid table/top half finish) but sadly they don’t seem to be coming back as quickly as I and others would like.

The signing of Lang I think could be a good bit of business. He will give us another option than the two that played last night and possibly could work well alongside O’Grady until Surridge and/or Miller come back into the fold. I feel we need Clarke back as soon as possible and Taylor. Nothing against the young back 4, they have done as well as could be asked and stick at it but a more experienced couple of players and I think we will become more solid.

Macclesfield however, is a sticky one. Undoubtedly one I expect to win, especially at home but I remember in my first season watching Latics we lost to Macclesfield both home and away. A lad called Woods scored 2 at the home game and got beat to an Efe Sodje header away 1-0 so I am sceptical to say the least.