Macclesfield (h)

10 hours ago, Horlicks said:

Think you answer your own question, we only just beat a team at home  you describe as not very good quality wise and having two strikers who were poor ability wise. I don’t want to be negative I really don’t and I was delighted we won but I can’t come away from that performance against I would imagine relegation fodder with any kind of positivity. 

Like I said in the previous post, albeit they weren’t great ability wise, they will cause defences no end of problems due to their height. Especially off set pieces and I actually thought their delivery at times was pretty decent which give us a stern test in character and togetherness to see the game out. 

Dont forget, first game they got beat away at Swindon due to 2 penalties in 93 and 96 mins. We had to battle granted but we saw it out a lot easier than Swindon beat them and certainly after the last league performance at Forest Green it was a welcome 3 points and result against a side who may like quality but are quite effective in what they do

13 hours ago, leeslover said:

Whilst I'm not signing up to the hashtag yet, I think we've got good enough players that one piece of real quality could be a step change in this league. Anyone initialed JB could pull the strings to dick over what I've seen so far. Add that and either Coke plays into fitness and form or is replaced and we could be decent

Coke's getting better despite what a few have said in this thread. They obviously didn't see how bad he was at Forest Green. 

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Fkin ludicrous to give him a 2 year deal after his recent appearance/injury records though.

Was he as injured as you immediately think his stats suggest he was or was he just not getting picked? 

Either way you're right like, just saying... 

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Was he as injured as you immediately think his stats suggest he was or was he just not getting picked? 

Either way you're right like, just saying... 

6 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Depends on the contract though.

The contract needs to have a break clause in it if he doesn’t make X appearances this season then;

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/coke-not-ready-to-call-it-quits-despite-injury-nightmare-1-9205172

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The contract needs to have a break clause in it if he doesn’t make X appearances this season then;

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/coke-not-ready-to-call-it-quits-despite-injury-nightmare-1-9205172

Or be heavily weighted towards appearance fees rather than basic wage.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:22 PM, Buckshawlatic said:

Whitaker was Wellens' replacement in 2008 - took the number 7 shirt too. He looked fairly decent his first few games but I think it was our best start as a team in years with Hughes on fire, anyway that lead to the comparison with Wellens which was ludicrous even at the time.

Ok. That rings a bell now. Crikey my memory! Always liked him as a player anyway