Macclesfield (h)

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Iversen

Graham - Clarke - Edmundson

Hunt    -   Gardner  -  Missilou   -   Branger

Baxter

Surridge  -  Lang

Go for it.

Kind of formation we should be playing to fit the players in that we have.

Will be the same team as last night I’d imagine, but maybe benteke to make way for Lang. Baxter on the bench again.

Iversen

Hamer

Graham

Edmundson (Clarke if he's fit, or whatever it is he needs to be)

Hunt

Gevaro

Coke (much better last night)

Gardner

Branger-Engone

O'Grady

Benteke or Lang

If he's stuck with O'Grady so far that isn't going to change now. I'd rather Benteke or even Miller started. I think Lang will start if he's ready. 

Baxter from the bench again. 

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

A lad called Woods scored 2 at the home game and got beat to an Efe Sodje header away 1-0 so I am sceptical to say the least.

I seem to remember something being said about Wood being a local lad too. Think he was from Oldham.  

Macc were marooned at the bottom of the table for most of the season and as you say did the double over us. Can’t believe that was twenty years ago!

I'd start with Surridge and Lang uptop if we are going to go with a 2, tell them to work the channels as much as possible and use Baxter from the bench for now.

I like the 3-5-2 that someone suggested above however I can't see us going with that just yet, but its an option when everyone is fit.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd start with Surridge and Lang uptop if we are going to go with a 2, tell them to work the channels as much as possible and use Baxter from the bench for now.

I like the 3-5-2 that someone suggested above however I can't see us going with that just yet, but its an option when everyone is fit.  

If your playing those two, and you want them running the channels. Then you need midfielders runners, people who who can arrive in the box and get on the end of things they create. 

We only have Baxter who can do that, but has he got the engine? Not for me.  It would also leave us very reliant on him for the goals. 

Baxter has to be creator, and let the others do his running for him. 

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Iversen

Graham - Clarke - Edmundson

Hunt    -   Gardner  -  Missilou   -   Branger

Baxter

Surridge  -  Lang

Go for it.

Really like that formation.  And like the line up too, although I would probably play Hamer instead of Graham on the right of the back 3.

We'll probably never see it though unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Is Clarke better / fit yet....?

Expected to be. Said in his programme notes last night he was feeling great throughout pre-season, then got ill and hurt his knee just before the first game. Says it's settling down now and should be right for Macclesfield.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Expected to be. Said in his programme notes last night he was feeling great throughout pre-season, then got ill and hurt his knee just before the first game. Says it's settling down now and should be right for Macclesfield.

That doesn't fit into conspiracy theories!!!

4 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Macc were marooned at the bottom of the table for most of the season and as you say did the double over us. Can’t believe that was twenty years ago!

Remember at the time thinking things can't possibly get any worse..