Macclesfield (h)

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Despite being way off fitness his engine has been unbelievable in his two cameo's so far. He's ran his bollocks off while still finding time to show he's the best footballer on the pitch.. 

Let’s see how his stamina is after 90 minutes. He’s never been box to box. 

I dont want him him running up and down anyway. It’s not his job. His job is to find space between the lines and create. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Let’s see how his stamina is after 90 minutes. He’s never been box to box. 

I dont want him him running up and down anyway. It’s not his job. His job is to find space between the lines and create. 

We talking about Byrne here? :chubb:

I can't see us reverting so suddenly to 3 at the back, but agree having Baxter behind a front two could transform us.

I'd go with a bit of a diamond, Coke (or Missiloiu) at the base, then Gardner and Branger (Branger with a license to drift into wide positions), and Baxter at the head of it.

A bit cavalier, but if we're going to do anything this season, we can afford to be at home to teams expected to struggle. If we play Baxter as one of our two strikers he'll inevitably drop a bit deeper, and if we play that way and struggle, fans will not be happy.

Come on Latics!

11 minutes ago, The Blue Alb said:

That’s my memory playing tricks on me then. Oh well...

Whitaker was Wellens' replacement in 2008 - took the number 7 shirt too. He looked fairly decent his first few games but I think it was our best start as a team in years with Hughes on fire, anyway that lead to the comparison with Wellens which was ludicrous even at the time.

16 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

i’d start maouche ahead of missilou and coke.

This sudden love in you have for Mauche is really going to bite you-Have you actually seen him appear(note I did not say play cos he can't)?

Every chance he has had has been rubbish at best .Another why are we paying him player and we have had a few recently.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:43 PM, archiecat said:

Iversen

Graham                                     Clarke                                       Edmundson

Lang                        Byrne                      Coke                               Gardner                                   Hunt

Baxter                   Surridge      

I see where you are going with this; but i have it on good authority from a source within the club that Byrne has just refused to play dummy half.

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

This sudden love in you have for Mauche is really going to bite you-Have you actually seen him appear(note I did not say play cos he can't)?

Every chance he has had has been rubbish at best .Another why are we paying him player and we have had a few recently.

Thought he looked hungry and threw himself into challenges at Forest Green... 

I would suggest the Byrne and Cotterill fanatics should forget them.  If Cotterill is a free man we could sign him but isn't he registered with another club so that it would be a transfer and we are now outside the window.  (Is that right?)  Byrne on the other hand is, if half of what is alleged is anywhere near the truth and based on how he behaved whilst playing at the end of last season, not the sort of player that will get picked unless he sees the light and undergoes a character transformation the like of which we have never seen before.  Forget them.

Concentrate on those in the squad who have survived the training and are fit enough to play with the exception of Baxter who if it isn't going to cause him injuries should start rather than coming on when it is too late.  It's the midfield that so far has not been good enough and from what I have seen from Maouche he is not the backbone we need.  I do wonder if we have a fit defender capable of sitting in front of the back four which of course is a sort of three at the back.