Statement by Chairman

14 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

So hearsay again. Unless Keegan can prove where he got those figures from they mean shit all. I could pluck figures out of the air as well and say it’s true. I don’t believe we payed anywhere near those figures quoted and if we did if I was AL I would be more than agreived that those players underperformed in the later part of last season.  I See Doyle is not playing well at Bradford. They might want to put him on loan come January if he fails to score.

You’d he foolish to think he’s simply invented them.

53 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

He works for the Daily Mail

Even they get the odd thing right. Also Mike Keegan will be in contact with people within the club the story is consistent with the article in the sun which quotes the same figures and it was reported at the time that that came from Simon Corney so I think their is substance behind those figures quoted.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

You’d he foolish to think he’s simply invented them.

Actual Proof where he got the figures from would be more convincing to me than just believing what that toad of a jurno says all the time. A lot of people on here are very gullible of what the press publish. 

1 hour ago, Senor_Coconut said:

He works for the Daily Mail

14 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Actual Proof where he got the figures from would be more convincing to me than just believing what that toad of a jurno says all the time. A lot of people on here are very gullible of what the press publish. 

Have the club refuted the figures anywhere or asked for a retraction of the story?

56 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Just seen a trust tweet stating the accounts have been prepared and filed. This is definitely improved communication and I therefore withdraw my previous comments on this. Sorry! 

No problem. They've improved massively since I left :mmm::lol:

57 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Would be more bonkers having different disciplinary rules for players depending on earning levels. 

No but you might be more inclined to indulge your more talented players a bit more than your Average Joes provided they do the business on the pitch of course.

The last accounts on 26 Sept 2017 showed we owed £11.6m, how much of the £3m paying off debts paid towards that, bearing in mind that was for the period ending 30 June 2016? 

If Jack Byrne deliberately injured Fane, he'd be sacked immediately surely? 

Edited by singe

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

No problem. They've improved massively since I left :mmm::lol:

true...heheh....

But its not for us all trying my friend...its because we have someone who can dedicate time outside our normal working hours that can get messages like this out. you did a tremendous job especially with all the work/foundation work with supporters direct etc that went beyond our usual meetings.

I miss you sniff....boo hoo sob

I think this thread is about a statement from the owner and not Jack Byrne.  Byrne the messiah who saved us from relegation - now I'm doing it!

The plan I suppose those who want one need is a statement of how much more money Abdallah is going to spend on the club and the team.  I think that much is clear he is going to comply with the league 2 rules on financial fair play or whatever they call it.

His short term plan has been to fight the financial fire left by Corney and no he won't tell what that is in any detail or answer any questions because I agree that if action is being taken to recover some of this money from Corney he might prejudice that action.  (Just as Jack might have been advised not to apologise for deliberately breaking Fanes leg, if he did, because that could prejudice his position - I've done it again [the sooner he goes and destroys another team the better]).

The long term football plan is to get a decent management team, a squad that plays as a team, a squad that plays for the shirt and keep within the FFP rules.  We can help by supporting the team/club in other words buy a season ticket as more people did or if you didn't come to our home games if you don't.  The more we spend the more he can spend.  In return it would be nice to see the team win tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Hands on said:

The plan I suppose those who want one need is a statement of how much more money Abdallah is going to spend on the club and the team.  I think that much is clear he is going to comply with the league 2 rules on financial fair play or whatever they call it.

But SCMP isn't relevant to spending on infrastructure and some of that is certainly needed 

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2018 at 11:00 PM, Ryan said:

1. Agree on that. Initially when the ITKers were saying he was 'suspended' I thought they meant from employment, pending investigation, rather than being made to train with the kids. I could understand the cynicism when that was the information available.

2. "Jack has breached a couple of discipline rules." Frankie Bunn in today's press-conference.

3. "Deals for three key loan players had to be renegotiated in January. The weekly bill for the three, one of whom signed permanently, went from £3,750 to around £16,000." Doyle, Bryan and Byrne were costing us £16,000 p/w so I'd say £5,000 p/w seems about right for JB. 

4. "Many were signed on wages previously well outside Oldham's budget. Midfielder Mohamed Maouche was given £4,000-a-week. He subsequently played 10 minutes of League One football (and remains on the payroll)." Both from Keegan's article.

Played in five league games this season. Just one win. Played in both defeats.

Last night again had a three on three and he ran it straight into their defence and wasn't exactly covered in glory with his chance with COG at the end. I really can't see how he's good enough. 

Excited to see what this Reece Lyndon has to offer if he ever gets fit ....

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Last night again had a three on three and he ran it straight into their defence and wasn't exactly covered in glory with his chance with COG at the end. I really can't see how he's good enough. 

Well that makes Drummingaham seem like a pretty decent effort 

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Agree about Maouche, but not sure that Lyndon will get ahead of David Garrison on current form.