Statement by Chairman

1 minute ago, ChaddySmoker said:

£3M down the swanny, Jesus! Bullshit baffles brains. O'Grady will still be playing on Saturday.

We do not have a midfield and our 3 best players are either injured, unfit or tied up in a basement somewhere.

Down the swanny? Are you suggesting he should have ignored the debts, entered admin and restarted at the bottom of the pyramid? 

I like the tone of it. It's up beat and postative without grandstanding. 

Hopefully the foundations are solid and we can get some results going on the pitch a few results would do wonders for morale 

Edited by bluehobbit
Spelling

Even the Facebook mob are receiving this statement well. 

You have to be a special kind of miserable or extremely arrogant to actually want to find fault with it.   Even our Ryan is generally positive about it! 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Teed up the Jack Byrne exit nicely there...

If he doesn't want to play or adhere to the club/manager's ethos, then he should go. He's a big boy now, he should behave and play good football...that way, he may get a nice little transfer under his belt. It's that simple.

If I were asked to write a generic statement on AL's behalf, I reckon I could have knocked that up. We're well rid of Corney but there's very little of any substance. It's a 'buy me a bit more time' release full of clichés.

He deserves some time but it's not hard to appease the masses.

Edited by longtimeblue

It's a forum...the moaners will moan and the optimists will remain optimistic. Corney was slated, at times, for keeping his mouth shut and the supporters in the dark, yet here we have Lemsagam, who is obviously aware of the fans' misgivings...probably via this board and the multitudes of hash-tag bullshit...and he makes a sensible and hopefully honest statement of the club's intent and the financial mess he walked into.

After a long process, there are now no remaining winding up procedures and we are working hard to clear the final old debts that the club is responsible for. In particular, there are no longer any debts owing to HMRC.

A positive statement.

I have personally spent over £3,000,000 to get us to a sustainable platform now and I will continue to invest in this club.

Surely this indicates a serious intent to make the club stable and sustainable.

We are now on a firm footing and can build for the long term future. We have a new management team in place who have a young, hungry squad full of potential at their disposal. Our ambition is to create a successful and sustainable football club that will represent the town for many years and decades to come.

Sounds like a plan.

We have to take him at his word as there is seemingly no other option and it would be incredibly stupid of the man to fill a statement like this full of half-truths and lies. He has put the ball in the fans' court, it's now up to us to respond. Of course, nothing short of sacrificing himself on a blue altar in the middle of the pitch will be enough for some supporters...if that's what they truly are.

We go again on Saturday.

What would people rather- 

An owner that begs, steals and borrows so we finish 17th in league one.

or 

A well run family club, living in its means but finishes 12th in league two? 

I dont want us in league two, but it’s not my money. I think it’s fair for AL to get us on equal footing for a while.

The biggest thing out of that statement for me was- CLUB COMES FIRST. The way it should always be, and hasn’t been for a very long time. Fair play to him. 

9 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

If I were asked to write a generic statement on AL's behalf, I reckon I could have knocked that up. He deserves time and we're well rid of Corney but there's very little of any substance. It's a 'buy me a bit more time' release full of clichés.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I don't know why he even bothers but could you please point out the clichés...the opening two lines apart.

Edited by Wardie

7 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

If I were asked to write a generic statement on AL's behalf, I reckon I could have knocked that up. He deserves time and we're well rid of Corney but there's very little of any substance. It's a 'buy me a bit more time' release full of clichés.

Appeasing the masses is exactly the point. 

We need galvanising after relegation. 

I dont really care if every word is true, it’s the perception or belief or hope that better days are ahead.

Otherwise what’s the point? 

Decent of him to finally break his radio silence. Clear to see all funds have had to be directed to paying off the debts that the club have, he's made his mistakes which he's owned up to in the past. Corney's damage is telling and still leaves us in a disastrous position.

There's a long way to go til we finally have a normal football club and improvements still need to be made on the pitch to ensure we dont slip into Non-League. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What would people rather- 

An owner that begs, steals and borrows so we finish 17th in league one.

or 

A well run family club, living in its means but finishes 12th in league two? 

I dont want us in league two, but it’s not my money. I think it’s fair for AL to get us on equal footing for a while.

The biggest thing out of that statement for me was- CLUB COMES FIRST. The way it should always be, and hasn’t been for a very long time. Fair play to him. 

Are they the only two options then?

Edited by yarddog73

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Decent of him to finally break his radio silence. Clear to see all funds have had to be directed to paying off the debts that the club have, he's made his mistakes which he's owned up to in the past. Corney's damage is telling and still leaves us in a disastrous position.

There's a long way to go til we finally have a normal football club and improvements still need to be made on the pitch to ensure we dont slip into Non-League. 

Well said.  

For his first 6 months what he has done well for me.  Let’s see what he can do in the next 6 to 12.  

Edited by kowenicki

17 minutes ago, lalalajpkalala said:

As a successful businessman who can afford to piss £3million on a far flung football club, no doubt any unexpected costs incurred post takeover will be covered by the PSA he made Corney sign. Or maybe not.

Has Corney got the funds to settle any warrants in a PSA?  Probably not worth the paper they would be written on. 

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

A Q&A with a translator would be welcome. His english isn't that great. 

He must work with a translator already and that statement would have become the finished article with the help of a good one. I have two daughters who speak five languages between them and they are always bemoaning the difficulty in translations.