Statement by Chairman

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Clearly a response to the Byrne thing, expect news of his departure by early September.

Bit of a cop out citing FFP, hasn't stopped other clubs, but at least we know where we stand in the short term.

Correct our opponents on Saturday who many believe we should be grateful for a point from are operating and paying transfer fees with crowds of around 2000. 

I like the sentiment of the statement but cut the bullshit, it reminds us of Corney.

All well and good but as others have said their is still little of substance

- We have seen alot of sackings and we currently have no board of directors.

-  We have the strange case of Tony Philliskirks suspension which is unresolved.

- We have the very bizzarre case of Jack Byrne AL appears to say here that it is the decision of the manager yet others on here one of whom is ITK said that it was not Bunns decision.

- He spent £3million so far alot of this was pissed up the wall on his crap frenchlads £500k was burned on Queensy. Maouche is somehow on £4k a week and still here thats 3 players wages at this level and hes seen as backup in league 2.

Regards to statements communications of plans. As far as Im concerned that stuff doesnt worry me any plans we have can stay in house, what worries is the actions that have been taken so far don't really suggest any foundations have been laid for us to build anything on.

I want this to work but we need to get the fundamentals right first.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Clearly a response to the Byrne thing, expect news of his departure by early September.

Bit of a cop out citing FFP, hasn't stopped other clubs, but at least we know where we stand in the short term.

I would imagine it's not solely based on the rumblings of the Byrne discontent but at the very least, he has responded to the stimulus. Would Corney have done the same? I am not really convinced that he would have. I cannot speak for the machinations of the "other clubs"...which are probably less sinister than I am intimating...but to have invested £3 million already, then maybe he is now spending a bit more cautiously and wisely, with the long-term future in mind.

Apart from all this, I have never truly understood why anyone would want to buy and run a football club. Baffling, to say the least but something many fans will hopefully be grateful for,  in the not too distant future.

24 minutes ago, lalalajpkalala said:

As a successful businessman who can afford to piss £3million on a far flung football club, no doubt any unexpected costs incurred post takeover will be covered by the PSA he made Corney sign. Or maybe not.

The sale agreement did cover unexpected costs arising. They will still fall on the club though, it's then a case of trying to recover the money, which probably will happen when Satan skis to work

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct our opponents on Saturday who many believe we should be grateful for a point from are operating and paying transfer fees with crowds of around 2000. 

I like the sentiment of the statement but cut the bullshit, it reminds us of Corney.

Maybe Dale Vince and his large personal fortune, coupled with his successful entrepreneurial nous and eco-business, can provide other kinds of revenue streams that Lemsagam cannot. I have no clue how FG are financed and run and therefore, cannot compare them with Latics.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

All well and good but as others have said their is still little of substance

- We have seen alot of sackings and we currently have no board of directors. Previous bunch offered nothing but took out.

-  We have the strange case of Tony Philliskirks suspension which is unresolved. Until we know what happened, you can't blame  AL.

- We have the very bizzarre case of Jack Byrne AL appears to say here that it is the decision of the manager yet others on here one of whom is ITK said that it was not Bunns decision. Who really knows....fans will take sides.

- He spent £3million so far alot of this was pissed up the wall on his crap frenchlads £500k was burned on Queensy. Maouche is somehow on £4k a week and still here thats 3 players wages at this level and hes seen as backup in league 2. Well f*ck me, I'm sure when he made those decisions as a potential buyer he didn't fully understand the English game......he's admitted mistakes and you still want your pound of flesh.

Regards to statements communications of plans. As far as Im concerned that stuff doesnt worry me any plans we have can stay in house, what worries is the actions that have been taken so far don't really suggest any foundations have been laid for us to build anything on.

I want this to work but we need to get the fundamentals right first. HOW ABOUT RECTIFYING THE FINANCIAL MESS CORNEY HID AS A STARTING POINT!!!

Some of you want appear to want glory but don't want to give him the time to start sorting over 10 years of TTA mismanagement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leeslover said:

The sale agreement did cover unexpected costs arising. They will still fall on the club though, it's then a case of trying to recover the money, which probably will happen when Satan skis to work

Thanks for the info LL. For his sake and the club’s I hope the agreed mechanism provides a decent chance of some recompense.

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Maybe Dale Vince and his large personal fortune, coupled with his successful entrepreneurial nous and eco-business, can provide other kinds of revenue streams that Lemsagam cannot. I have no clue how FG are financed and run and therefore, cannot compare them with Latics.

Maybe Vince owns the club outright and doesn't have to spank on rent as well as having a useful manager in place.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Hopefully Corney gets his comeuppance if he’s deliberately hidden stuff from the books. Fucking crook.

getting migraines from agreeing with you pal!

it's quite clear Corner kept a lot in the dark and all those companies who had clearly given up recently raised their heads and A L has paid up.

it's also telling that the landlords of the North stand refused point blank to have signage when TLH Auctioneers sponsored it but now under the new regime seem to be working together with the Joe Royle signage

41 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Has Corney got the funds to settle any warrants in a PSA?  Probably not worth the paper they would be written on. 

Alledgedly, Blitz was at the club yesterday and he has been looking for him too, so a fan posted on social media

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Sounds like a plan.

It isn’t one.

The bit you’ve quoted from his statement, says he has an ambition to be successful & sustainable. That’s great and it’s what I/we all want to hear.

I would however like to be convinced he has a plan - to include things like; an improvement in infrastructure; youth development; scouting talent; contract negotiating to maximise revenue from player sales; marketing; supporting OACT, that ultimately leads to achieving his/my/our ambition. The Trust can be my eyes/ears in that regard - I am not asking for or expecting commercially sensitive info to be disseminated.

Nothing he he has done (behaviour) to date would indicate he has a plan, nothing he has said (statements) include tenets of a plan and nothing the Trust have said suggests they know of one, let alone approve of it, either.

I’m neither a #realisticlad or #walktheleaguer, I’d consider myself optimistic by nature, but equally I am not satisfied with hyperbole or populist rhetoric. I’m merely asking reasoned, fair, coherent questions, that any shareholder of a business would wish to understand. The trust are shareholders. The trust represent us.

Edited by lookersstandandy

I’ve been fairly critical of AL up until now as, whilst the odd token gesture like a free scarf and cheaper match day prices are nice, there has been too much going wrong both on and off the pitch if rumours are to be believed. Crazy wages on poor players, the disappearance/sackings of members of staff, late payments etc don’t point towards a successful ownership. I’ve been equally critical of our transfer window this summer as we’ve not strengthened in any way.

However, if he’s to be believed here and he’s had to spend vast sums to get us out of the shite left by his predecessor, it’s no surprise that the playing side of things has had to take a back seat. It sounds as though he’s finally got us back to a place where he’s not spending money ‘catching up’ but is now able to spend in a progressive way - hopefully that includes on the pitch. 

Based on this, I’m willing to be a bit patient and see what happens in the next 18 months. He’s admitted he’s made mistakes, now let’s see if he’s learned from them. We don’t have much choice but to give him our backing and if his statement is true, he’s pumped enough money in to justify that in the short term.

25 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

- He spent £3million so far alot of this was pissed up the wall on his crap frenchlads £500k was burned on Queensy. Maouche is somehow on £4k a week and still here thats 3 players wages at this level and hes seen as backup in league 2. Well f*ck me, I'm sure when he made those decisions as a potential buyer he didn't fully understand the English game......he's admitted mistakes and you still want your pound of flesh.

That's some mistake throwing £3 million at a venture he "didn't fully understand"....

With regards to whatever incarnation of FFP we are sticking too, I feel the FL are keeping a very close eye on the club, embargo after a embargo a procession of winding up orders, late wages - other clubs may be cut slack in spending beyond themselves and extending a bit of goodwill from the corridors of power. We’ve been run like a circus since the first late payment of wages in March 2011 saw the ludicrous loan of Dale Stephens.

The cup of friendship to OAFC runneth dry, AL has a tough job restoring our club’s once proud reputation amongst the hierarchy, PFA and fellow professional clubs. Also with the banks, money lenders and local businesses. 

Corney was very good in passing on the blame and shouting down his dissenters. His divide and conquer tactics worked for years. I’m so glad people can see him for what he was. We were potless and struggling for existence under Brierley, but the team and fans were together as one. The damage done to the fan base under Corney and his chums tenure given the rise of City is likely to be irrecoverable unless we enjoy phenomenal success.

Thanks Simon...

Edited by oafcprozac

8 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

With regards to whatever incarnation of FFP we are sticking too, I feel the FL are keeping a very close eye on the club, embargo after a embargo a procession of winding up orders, late wages - other clubs may be cut slack in spending beyond themselves and extending a bit of goodwill from the corridors of power. We’ve been run like a circus since the first late payment of wages in March 2011 saw the ludicrous loan of Dale Stephens.

The cup of friendship to OAFC runneth dry, AL has a tough job restoring our club’s once proud reputation amongst the hierarchy, PFA and fellow professional clubs. Also with the banks, money lenders and local businesses. 

Corney was very good in passing on the blame and shouting down his dissenters. His divide and conquer tactics worked for years. I’m so glad people can see him for what he was. We were potless and struggling for existence under Brierley, but the team and fans were together as one. The damage done to the fan base under Corney and his chums tenure given the rise of City is likely to be irrecoverable unless we enjoy phenomenal success.

Thanks Simon...

This.....in it's entirety.

TTA got the club for next to nothing......they invested money in a land deal at a knock down price with dodgy promises of helping the club.

So to give AL all this crap after his short tenure AND having to play with a dodgy hand of cards dealt by Corney bewilders me.

6 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

This.....in it's entirety.

TTA got the club for next to nothing......they invested money in a land deal at a knock down price with dodgy promises of helping the club.

So to give AL all this crap after his short tenure AND having to play with a dodgy hand of cards dealt by Corney bewilders me.

For arguments sake, lets say he did do his due diligence and Corney pulled the wool over his eyes with some of debts, the other debts like the HMRC were his as soon as he bought the club!  It's great that, according to the statement, we're back on an even footing, but should we really be grateful for doing something which should have been his immediate intention?  He's not here for the love.  He's bought a business and has had to spend a bit to stop it declining beyond recovery.

The mistakes he's made so far have been massive - he's interfered in team matters and handed out unsustainable contracts to average random players.  Those two actions were huge not only in our relegation, but also increasing the club's debt/his own spending.

I like the tone of the statement, but it really tells us nothing.  The hard work for him starts now.

55 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That's some mistake throwing £3 million at a venture he "didn't fully understand"....

It certainly puts my losing a fiver last Saturday on a horse race I didn't fully understand into  perspective.

31 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Am I right in thinking that there was a Trust meeting on Monday, where this sort of issue was raised? 

If so it's a good turnaround in under 48 hours. 

If so the Trust should get some deserved credit.