• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Andy Haines- the referee from 2 years ago for the game against Shrewsbury 3-2 loss and some incredibly bad decisions takes charge of Saturdays game...

Although he's one of the poorest referees around, just be grateful it's not Trevor Kettle.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Andy Haines- the referee from 2 years ago for the game against Shrewsbury 3-2 loss and some incredibly bad decisions takes charge of Saturdays game...

It was the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. He's a fucking bellend.

Darren Ferguson agrees. 

After around 63yrs of watching Latics there is only one name I have retained from refereeing a Latics game: Mr Fussey - Maurice Fussey. Apart from his comical name I only remember him for his comedy sprint.

There are no equal or consistent standards in virtually everything and refereeing a football match has got to be one of the most difficult ways of attempting it. From the kick-off 22 players spend the game honing their skills at getting away with cheating in many forms on the opposition via shirt pulling and holding, feigning contact, making more noise than a three year old with a grazed knee when falling over an outstretch leg and not to mention holding their head as though a sandbag from a cannon has hit them. These same players are then screaming for justice when a genuine foul is missed.  

I don't remember any of the umpteen bad referees I have seen over the years and I certainly don't believe any of them are waiting for Oldham Athletic to turn up before performing badly again.

It's a case of swings and roundabouts if ever there was one. 

We do appear to be being penalised more than usual this term. Lets hope Mr Haines doesn't give Macclesfield a landslide.

1 minute ago, mikeroyboy said:

After around 63yrs of watching Latics there is only one name I have retained from refereeing a Latics game: Mr Fussey - Maurice Fussey. Apart from his comical name I only remember him for his comedy sprint.

There are no equal or consistent standards in virtually everything and refereeing a football match has got to be one of the most difficult ways of attempting it. From the kick-off 22 players spend the game honing their skills at getting away with cheating in many forms on the opposition via shirt pulling and holding, feigning contact, making more noise than a three year old with a grazed knee when falling over an outstretch leg and not to mention holding their head as though a sandbag from a cannon has hit them. These same players are then screaming for justice when a genuine foul is missed.  

I don't remember any of the umpteen bad referees I have seen over the years and I certainly don't believe any of them are waiting for Oldham Athletic to turn up before performing badly again.

It's a case of swings and roundabouts if ever there was one. 

We do appear to be being penalised more than usual this term. Lets hope Mr Haines doesn't give Macclesfield a landslide.

That was one of the most rational posts I have seen for some time but then you ruined it with the last paragraph. 

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Mark Clattenberg. That's all I'll say on the subject of bad refs we've had

Funnily enough the time I remember Clattenberg doing us I thought he had a blinding first half, got a couple wrong early in the second and just went to pieces. He was embarrassing in the extreme. I don't regard myself as over bias towards us, unlike my brother, but do think we get a bit of a raw deal some of the time.  

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Ross Joyce thats the fucker, inept useless twat. 

Ruined a good game of football. 

I'd forgotten all about that useless prick. Thanks for reminding me.:ranting:

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Mark Clattenberg. That's all I'll say on the subject of bad refs we've had

Wasn't it Clattenberg who sent off MiniShez against the Plastics at BP, when their players were telling him it wasn't a foul? Correct me if I'm wrong; the memory could be going.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

I'd forgotten all about that useless prick. Thanks for reminding me.:ranting:

Wasn't it Clattenberg who sent off MiniShez against the Plastics at BP, when their players were telling him it wasn't a foul? Correct me if I'm wrong; the memory could be going.

It was clattenburg against Brentford at home one Tuesday night when in the last 5 minutes booked about 6 players in a game which had been the most even tempered amdcsemt off Pogs for pulling faces. Absolute idiot. 

10 minutes ago, mossleyblue said:

It was clattenburg against Brentford at home one Tuesday night when in the last 5 minutes booked about 6 players in a game which had been the most even tempered amdcsemt off Pogs for pulling faces. Absolute idiot. 

The game I was thinking of was definitely on a Saturday against Wigan. Maybe it was a different ref. 

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

The game I was thinking of was definitely on a Saturday against Wigan. Maybe it was a different ref. 

Dunno who the red was but remember Darren Shez being sent off v Wigan , yes.

Lets be honest , we do get some real barmpots for referees. The goon against  Charlton last season  ( Joyce??) is also up there.

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Andy Haines and Ross Joyce the worst i’ve seen. Joyce wins out of the two for being consistently bias on the 3 occasionas he has refereed us. Bradford away. Chesterfield away and Charlton at home...

ezgif-1-cf03ae8d33.gif

ezgif-1-441c2950a4.gif

Genuinely bias refereeing.

Archived