1 hour ago, mossleyblue said:

It was clattenburg against Brentford at home one Tuesday night when in the last 5 minutes booked about 6 players in a game which had been the most even tempered amdcsemt off Pogs for pulling faces. Absolute idiot. 

I remember that quite well. He had an absolute stinker that night and it seemed he was determined to help Brentford out.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we are on about refs, just got back from the Salford City v Barrow match and must say the ref was the best I've seen this season, her name was Rebecca Welch and having googled her name she took charge of the women's FA Cup final last year, very good performance. 

As for the game Barrow containing a much the same Conman Brown were no match for a strong Salford team, Rooney on the scoresheet with a decent finish to equalise, pick of the players was Rory Gaffney who put himself about well, both he and Rooney would go straight into our team.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

As we are on about refs, just got back from the Salford City v Barrow match and must say the ref was the best I've seen this season, her name was Rebecca Welch and having googled her name she took charge of the women's FA Cup final last year, very good performance. 

As for the game Barrow containing a much the same Conman Brown were no match for a strong Salford team, Rooney on the scoresheet with a decent finish to equalise, pick of the players was Rory Gaffney who put himself about well, both he and Rooney would go straight into our team.

Just googled her myself. Admittedly to see if she’s hot. She’s not !! Weirdly I then googled again but added the word bikini. Not fruitful. 

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Just googled her myself. Admittedly to see if she’s hot. She’s not !! Weirdly I then googled again but added the word bikini. Not fruitful. 

You're certainly taking the long way round to finding something on the internet to have a wank to

48 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can i just ask, how would you rate the entertainment of this game against ourselves and Morecambe, purely out of interest

5 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Can i just ask, how would you rate the entertainment of this game against ourselves and Morecambe, purely out of interest

It's not the same when your not a fan, I spend most the match looking for players who I think could do a job for us, quality is pretty much the same though and we'd entertainment wise there would be very little in it. 

Sat by the Barrow fans who brought over 500 in a crowd of 3000, Salford are a fraud of a club.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's not the same when your not a fan, I spend most the match looking for players who I think could do a job for us, quality is pretty much the same though and we'd entertainment wise there would be very little in it. 

Sat by the Barrow fans who brought over 500 in a crowd of 3000, Salford are a fraud of a club.

We didn't think there would be much difference between League 1 and 2 but that appears not to be the case.

Was wondering if it was another big step down again but maybe you reach a plateau. Not a bad turn out from Barrow though!

38 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Just to put the thread title into perspective...…..does anybody want to name an official who had a good game?

Last one I remember was Jack Taylor 1974 World Cup Final. Gave a penalty in the first minute, didn't "bottle it" like his namesake Anthony did yesterday re Capoue's tackle on Zaha early in yesterday's match.

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Last one I remember was Jack Taylor 1974 World Cup Final. Gave a penalty in the first minute, didn't "bottle it" like his namesake Anthony did yesterday re Capoue's tackle on Zaha early in yesterday's match.

About 10 years ago....there was a "chumpy" ref in several games over a few seasons who, I'm guessing, was "pensioned off"...…….always a few yards behind the game but his decision making was generally very good.

Can I remember his name......Naaaaah…...Bank Holiday alcohol has kicked in.

I simply cannot remember the last good referee I have seen, either for a Latics game or when watching a televised game.

Craig Pawson has just failed to give an obvious penalty in the Manure game this evening.

I actually think that refs are worse since they went full time. 

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I simply cannot remember the last good referee I have seen, either for a Latics game or when watching a televised game.

Craig Pawson has just failed to give an obvious penalty in the Manure game this evening.

I think refs are worse since every incident has been  replayed in super slo mo from 47 different angles under the scrutiny of 3 experts in a studio who normally struggle to string a sentence together ( yes you ian wright) and rarely agree on anything other than the ref got it wrong.

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Don't forget that was at the theatre of dreams and they "don't get many decisions" according to a manure fan I know !

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Just to put the thread title into perspective...…..does anybody want to name an official who had a good game?

I thought Mark Halsey (?sp) had a very good game when he was our ref as he worked his way back to the PL after some time off for illness- IIRC he had cancer. 

We had a ref last season who Gerrard complimented, think it was Darren Drysdale. If it was he was the ref for our game at the Vegans. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Just trying to prevent their total humiliation 

Last great referee I saw was Jack Walker in his last season. I think it was Southampton we were playing. An Oldham forward through on goal was brought down as he went to shoot, The ball squirted out to another Oldham player and he signaled play on and we scored. He then called over the Southapton player and sent him off.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:37 PM, TheBigDog said:

Yet another baffling decision by a referee, Jeremy Simpson,  in the Forest v Newcastle game. How that challenge by the keeper Steele was not given as a penalty I’ll never know. Maybe he didn’t fancy penalties...

Archived