On 8/27/2018 at 8:57 PM, astottie said:

I think refs are worse since every incident has been  replayed in super slo mo from 47 different angles under the scrutiny of 3 experts in a studio who normally struggle to string a sentence together ( yes you ian wright) and rarely agree on anything other than the ref got it wrong.

I can tell the majority of the ones that we get are dog shit without the need for a single replay.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Best of the lot was blowing when we were in down the left because Gardners shot bounced of their lad who decided to throw himself down like he'd been shot, lad promptly jumps back up Crawley go down the other end and score.

Thought they’d sucked us into their game from that moment. One of the most bizarre calls I’ve seen for a long time.

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

It’s no surprise that as we go down the leagues, not only do the opposition but the referees abilities diminish significantly.

League one and two share the same pool of officials. Whether the poorly rated ones get more league 2 games I wouldn’t know.

At one point the linesman gave offside against us. Yes one of our men was offside but he was no where near play and the latics player who actually was involved and claimed the ball was a good 4 or 5 yard on side.

As much as "interfering with play" is a daft rule and should be scrapped, it would be nice if the officials actually learnt them before they stepped onto the pitch.

19 minutes ago, philliggi said:

At one point the linesman gave offside against us. Yes one of our men was offside but he was no where near play and the latics player who actually was involved and claimed the ball was a good 4 or 5 yard on side.

As much as "interfering with play" is a daft rule and should be scrapped, it would be nice if the officials actually learnt them before they stepped onto the pitch.

Interfering with play should be scrapped ? Really ? So if someone is 50 yards from play, in an offside position and a shot slams in the top corner from 30 it should be ruled out ? That’s bollox imo mate. 

43 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Interfering with play should be scrapped ? Really ? So if someone is 50 yards from play, in an offside position and a shot slams in the top corner from 30 it should be ruled out ? That’s bollox imo mate. 

In theory I agree with you. But in reality it is executed badly. It is leaving it down to each individual referees interpretation of weather a player is actually interfering or not. 

In my book football is a simple game. Your either off side or not. That's why I wholeheartedly disagree with VAR as well. 

11 minutes ago, philliggi said:

In theory I agree with you. But in reality it is executed badly. It is leaving it down to each individual referees interpretation of weather a player is actually interfering or not. 

In my book football is a simple game. Your either off side or not. That's why I wholeheartedly disagree with VAR as well. 

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

I'm a bit confused here, you are seemingly complaining that a player who wasn't interfering with play caused an incorrect offside but want the rule that should have prevented him being deemed offside scrapped?

You make a good point in scrapping the rule though, it makes it too complicated especially when you factor in the bit about different phases. If you keep the advantage you had from being offside, you should be offside. 

10 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Was it Brian Clough who said "If you're not interfering with play you shouldn't be on the pitch" ?

I dislike referees with a burning passion. Very rare you see one that isn't in it for an ego trip. They should realise that we haven't paid to watch them dictate the play. 

They're also protected way too much by the FA. They should be allowed to be criticized and be held accountable for but normally they get away with whatever they do. 

Horrible set of individuals who think they're the dogs bollocks. Anyone that aspires to be a referee is no friend in my eyes. Bellends every single one. 

32 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I dislike referees with a burning passion. Very rare you see one that isn't in it for an ego trip. They should realise that we haven't paid to watch them dictate the play. 

They're also protected way too much by the FA. They should be allowed to be criticized and be held accountable for but normally they get away with whatever they do. 

Horrible set of individuals who think they're the dogs bollocks. Anyone that aspires to be a referee is no friend in my eyes. Bellends every single one. 

Nothing wrong with aspiring to be a referee, the more that make it their aim the more chances of getting decent refs. 

25 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Nothing wrong with aspiring to be a referee, the more that make it their aim the more chances of getting decent refs. 

It pains the hell out of me but I’ll have to agree with KIG. They are all power wankers. Failed footballers. The last pick in the playground. Now they seek revenge on the talented kids. 

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

And we think we get bad referees, let’s hope this clown doesn’t head south of the border...good grief!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45409767

No wonder they're sponsored by Specsavers. But, seriously, that is beyond unbelievable.

Didn't a similar thing happen at Bristol City a few seasons ago when a shot hit the stanchion at the back of the goal and bounced out and was disallowed. 

IIRC, City's manager, Gary Johnson, let the other team walk one in.

Archived