The Trust - first engagement with AL

21 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Lidl or Iceland comment uncalled for and sort of throws any argument on the fire for you I'm afraid.

Archie doesn't exactly float my boat as I'm sure he knows but to try and insult him based on where he may or may not shop or what he has or hasn't achieved is a bit crass imo (and yes I've thrown insults before so no I'm not perfect)

not that Id be seen dead in either, I'm an Aldi man myself ?

Archie - paying Npower is different to running a business with a payroll (in the interest of balance) ?

I'm Aldi now with that new one we've got. Everything tastes the same but is a quarter of the price. Well, the missus tells me it is anyway ?

55 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Lidl or Iceland comment uncalled for and sort of throws any argument on the fire for you I'm afraid.

Archie doesn't exactly float my boat as I'm sure he knows but to try and insult him based on where he may or may not shop or what he has or hasn't achieved is a bit crass imo (and yes I've thrown insults before so no I'm not perfect)

not that Id be seen dead in either, I'm an Aldi man myself ?

Archie - paying Npower is different to running a business with a payroll (in the interest of balance) ?

Me too. 

Not really a snob ? 

• 4 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 9:18 AM, lookersstandandy said:

Let’s take for instance the top floor of the Joe Royle stand. He either is or isn’t exploring possible uses for it. He either has or hasn’t asked someone to scope out a business plan for its use. He either has or hasn’t come to a conclusion about whether it is or is not a viable space from which to buy/lease/rent. I’m not asking him to share with me his £forecast, I’d simply like to know whether this is something he intends to do and to tell us the conclusion he comes to. It’s not an unreasonable request, esp when he’s asking for my patience and continued support.

@Andy b or @underdog does the fact that the 'Business Suite' https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/january/01012019-supporters-bar/ has been refurbished, mean the above post has/has not been explored and a conclusion made?

Edited by lookersstandandy

7 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

@Andy b or @underdog does the fact that the 'Business Suite' https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/january/01012019-supporters-bar/ has been refurbished, mean the above post has/has not been explored and a conclusion made?

Hi Andy. Do you mean our landlords or club owner? Do you mean the OEC/JR Stand/North stand? I will be honest on both and will answer with my fans hat on. 

I don't think the top floor will be a fans bar in the immediate future. I can only see a change to that if there is a change to the owner of the JR stand.

In my honest opinion, you need something in there that is going to be used more than on match days, more than just a pub/bar, a retail franchaise maybe , a hotel, something that will generate monies 7 days a week for however owns it/pay off existing debt.

I don't have a  crystal ball, i don't have access to Al's or Blitz plan....I could be totally wrong but I have a feeling the time is not now for either party to develop it as a fans bar.

hope this makes sense

Cheers

Edited by underdog

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

In my honest opinion, you need something in there that is going to be used more than on match days, more than just a pub/bar, a retail franchaise maybe , a hotel, something that will generate monies 7 days a week for however owns it/pay off existing debt.

hope this makes sense

Cheers

Other clubs manage to make them work. The problem we have is the boycotting of the stand due to the murky ownership details and mixed messages from SC etc over the years. 

27 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Other clubs manage to make them work. The problem we have is the boycotting of the stand due to the murky ownership details and mixed messages from SC etc over the years. 

your right they do and your right about it all being a mixed bag of who owns what, who owes what....it would be easier if we we under one owner/owners of both land and buildings.

Think another Trust director has stated top floor would not be user friendly for those with mobility problems...worlds tiniest lift on a go slow springs to mind..so it has issues for some fans before we start. The original plans I believe, may have had one on the ground floor, which is where we were aiming for at the pop up bar boxing day 2017 before the club pulled it. You remember how deflated we all were...i cried.

The stand needs to make money and a bar open three times a month for 10 months of the year is not going to make much. It needs tennants in it a good 5 days a week, top and bottom

Edited by underdog

38 minutes ago, underdog said:

your right they do and your right about it all being a mixed bag of who owns what, who owes what....it would be easier if we we under one owner/owners of both land and buildings.

Think another Trust director has stated top floor would not be user friendly for those with mobility problems...worlds tiniest lift on a go slow springs to mind..so it has issues for some fans before we start. The original plans I believe, may have had one on the ground floor, which is where we were aiming for at the pop up bar boxing day 2017 before the club pulled it. You remember how deflated we all were...i cried.

The stand needs to make money and a bar open three times a month for 10 months of the year is not going to make much. It needs tennants in it a good 5 days a week, top and bottom

My Dad used the lift to get him to the first floor a couple of times and he said it wasn't great. 

Rochdale have a lift for their executives which was worse though. 

Edited by rudemedic

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

My Dad used the lift to get him to the first floor a couple of times and he said it wasn't great. 

Rochdale have a lift for their executives which was worse though. 

I bet it confused him when the voice recording on the lift said "Going Up"

11 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

From the amount of times you ask, why is so important to you to know?

How would it change your life? 

You know AL doesn’t  own the OEC, so why are asking questions you know the answer to? 

Why do you persist in seeing everything AL does on a negative light?

Who is waiting in the wings to offer you your vision for the club? 

Why do consistantly ask moot point questions? 

What’s most important to you? The football? Or the spreadsheet of the football club? 

I think there’s areas of concern no question. However your level concern on matters you either have no clue of, or any right to know baffles me. My areas of real concern are my family, and my  health. 

We all love a moan, but as long as there’s as a professional football team to go and watch on a Saturday, does reeeally matter? 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

From the amount of times you ask, why is so important to you to know?

How would it change your life? 

You know AL doesn’t  own the OEC, so why are asking questions you know the answer to? 

Why do you persist in seeing everything AL does on a negative light?

Who is waiting in the wings to offer you your vision for the club? 

Why do consistantly ask moot point questions? 

What’s most important to you? The football? Or the spreadsheet of the football club? 

I think there’s areas of concern no question. However your level concern on matters you either have no clue of, or any right to know baffles me. My areas of real concern are my family, and my  health. 

We all love a moan, but as long as there’s as a professional football team to go and watch on a Saturday, does reeeally matter? 

He keeps asking because we never get a straight answer over who owns what.

How strong Oldham Athletic is off the pitch has a direct impact to how strong we are on it. So if the retail unit is rented out and the top floor is aswell and the money goes to OAFC it will directly effect our ability to recruit players you do realise this right?

Is it because it's too difficult for you to understand and that's why you tell people it's wrong to talk about it.

Those of us who would like to know this do thoroughly enjoy football the 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

1. From the amount of times you ask, why is so important to you to know?

2. How would it change your life? 

3. You know AL doesn’t  own the OEC, so why are asking questions you know the answer to? 

4. Why do you persist in seeing everything AL does on a negative light?

5. Who is waiting in the wings to offer you your vision for the club? 

6. Why do consistantly ask moot point questions? 

7. What’s most important to you? The football? Or the spreadsheet of the football club? 

8. I think there’s areas of concern no question. However your level concern on matters you either have no clue of, or any right to know baffles me. My areas of real concern are my family, and my  health. 

9. We all love a moan, but as long as there’s as a professional football team to go and watch on a Saturday, does reeeally matter? 

Here you go;

1. To encourage the Trust to ask what I think to be the right questions / to highlight to others what I consider to be the right questions to be asking of the club & Trust are / to be satisfied our owner is exploring the right initiatives / to ascertain how much of a c*nt, or otherwise, Simon Blitz is being.

2. After my family and very close friends, to my detriment maybe, Oldham Athletic is probably the next most important thing in my life.

3. I think you may be missing the point here. Blitz owns the building that houses the OEC (this operates on the 1st Floor) and acts as a football stand on match days. The top floor of this building is a large unused space. We / our owner could put that space to good use in a number of ways. As a match day bar facility - like other lower league football clubs we visit have - that could invite visiting supporter into too, screen midweek games in, to generate revenue for the football club, and/or as an improved Junior Latics facility, and/or anything else you wish to think of. I want to know why it is not used for such a purpose? Is it because Blitz is being a c*nt and pricing us out by quoting exorbitant rent? Is it because our owner has not investigated it properly? Is it for A.N.Other reason for which I am not a privy? Many fans boycott the OEC because they perceive Blitz is being a c*nt. If Blitz allowed us / our owner the use of the Top Floor for a peppercorn/sensible rent, how would this affect revenue in the OEC, would it make it better or worse for Blitz? Should we / the Trust encourage fans to go for a full boycott to apply pressure to Blitz, or would that makes things worse? Why does Blitz leave all this unused square footage in his building (Top Floor & Ground) empty? I thought he was a businessman? Blitz has confirmed to fans asking - on faceache - that he attended the Fulham game as a guest of Abdallah, and thanked him accordingly. He also confirmed he has absolutely no intention of rekindling a business interest the football club. On the one hand this is good news, Abdallah is clearly reaching out to his landlord to build a cordial relationship, but is Blitz being a reasonable landlord, or a c*nt?

4. I don’t, I was defending him / praising him & his brother for finding Missilou & clearly supporting managers in domestic recruitment only yesterday. However, there are many things he has/has not done that I do perceive as negative and I have & will continue to call him out on them. You would also be burying your head in the sand if you chose to ignore;

- We got relegated

- Our budget has been slashed (again)

- We have nearly no coaching staff at any level.

- We’ve had enormous staff turnover and many disgruntled ex employees

- We’ve had winding up orders, wages paid late, pension contributions not made

- Lots of negative journalist stories

5. No-one, but;

- That doesn’t make Abdallah immune from criticism.

- There might be if Blitz wasn’t being a c*nt with his land.

6. Show me a moot point question, because this one you responded to, one hopes I’ve demonstrated in my response to point 3, is far from moot.

7. I don’t believe they are mutually exclusive. To use your analogy, If the ‘spreadsheet’ is in order, the on-field fortunes of the football club have more chance of success.

8. I know more than you give me credence for & I beg to differ on what we (via our Trust - shareholders) have a right to know. Now refer back to point 2.

9. I actually don’t like a moan in general. I’d much rather take a positive disposition. Much of my ‘moaning’ / pointed questions, are because I want there to be a football team for us to go to watch / for me to take my son to see when he is old enough.

12 hours ago, underdog said:

Hi Andy. Do you mean our landlords or club owner? Do you mean the OEC/JR Stand/North stand?

Hi Tracey, please see my post above for what I mean....

11 hours ago, underdog said:

...but it's not making anything sitting empty? I want to know that the Trust have worked with Abdallah to explore the use of the space with our landlord, what conclusions have been made and what action we are taking as a result? The reason I've resurrected this question is because of the news regarding the refurbishment of the 'business suite'. Why has that been done?

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He keeps asking because we never get a straight answer over who owns what.

How strong Oldham Athletic is off the pitch has a direct impact to how strong we are on it. So if the retail unit is rented out and the top floor is aswell and the money goes to OAFC it will directly effect our ability to recruit players you do realise this right?

Is it because it's too difficult for you to understand and that's why you tell people it's wrong to talk about it.

Those of us who would like to know this do thoroughly enjoy football the 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

😂

Good effort. 

I can't believe a top floor in a modern stand would be inaccessible  to the disabled, surely it would have not got  beyond the planning permission?

We see empty shops in town centres, an half empty stand at BP and have to wonder why landlords allow this to happen.

Is it cheaper for them to leave them closed than the cost of running them?

If so a government solution has to be found before buildings are left to rot.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We see empty shops in town centres, an half empty stand at BP and have to wonder why landlords allow this to happen.

Is it cheaper for them to leave them closed than the cost of running them?

If so a government solution has to be found before buildings are left to rot.

I'm pretty sure that the landlords of House of Fraser, Comet, Woolies, Malins and the dozens of other major retail chains would prefer those units to be occupied. 

As for a government solution you have to be kidding. The only thing that I have seen suggested so far is an additional tax on online shopping. There's a vote winner! 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hi Tracey, please see my post above for what I mean....

...but it's not making anything sitting empty? I want to know that the Trust have worked with Abdallah to explore the use of the space with our landlord, what conclusions have been made and what action we are taking as a result? The reason I've resurrected this question is because of the news regarding the refurbishment of the 'business suite'. Why has that been done?

Andy, As it is not owned by AL, and on a high rent, isn't this just Simon Blitz's issue? It would have to be a serious business to make any money, even if the rent was lowered. No way a fans bar can do it. Can't see any evidence, so far, that AL has the kind of deep pockets to fund it and has far more pressing issues of income and expenditure. We need quicker, guaranteed income.I think the question is best aimed at Simon Blitz, and we move on. Someone on Twitter asked for complete clarification on who owned what and Darren, who manages Twitter was going to seek the definitive answer.

This window and managerial appointment should confirm whether AL has any money in reserve/behind the sofa for anythig more than funding the club day to day.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I think there’s only one though and it could be an issue getting a couple of hundred people out at 2:55. Poor planning when the designs were being drawn up if you ask me.

Couple of hundred people ALL wanting to use the lift?

Edit - there's no disabled access at all to the current supporters bar. You could argue something is better than nothing...

Edited by jorvik_latic

22 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Couple of hundred people ALL wanting to use the lift?

Edit - there's no disabled access at all to the current supporters bar. You could argue something is better than nothing...

I don’t think there are stairs are there? (On reflection I guess there must be for fire regulations!)