The Trust - first engagement with AL

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He keeps asking because we never get a straight answer over who owns what.

How strong Oldham Athletic is off the pitch has a direct impact to how strong we are on it. So if the retail unit is rented out and the top floor is aswell and the money goes to OAFC it will directly effect our ability to recruit players you do realise this right?

Is it because it's too difficult for you to understand and that's why you tell people it's wrong to talk about it.

Those of us who would like to know this do thoroughly enjoy football the 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

Sorry Glossop. 

I was at work this morning, and your personal jibe at an alternative view made me laugh, so I only had time for quick a response. 

You’ll be pleased to know that i do understand and I didn’t tell anyone it was wrong, I challenged an opinion. On a forum. Do you understand that? 

Do you also understand you have no right to know what private businessmen do with their money? 

You/I cant change or influence the owner. It’s ‘his club.’ Doesn’t mean I don’t care. It means I understand what I can effect, which is enjoying the football and hoping for the best. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Sorry Glossop. 

I was at work this morning, and your personal jibe at an alternative view made me laugh, so I only had time for quick a response. 

You’ll be pleased to know that i do understand and I didn’t tell anyone it was wrong, I challenged an opinion. On a forum. Do you understand that? 

Do you also understand you have no right to know what private businessmen do with their money? 

You/I cant change or influence the owner. It’s ‘his club.’ Doesn’t mean I don’t care. It means I understand what I can effect, which is enjoying the football and hoping for the best. 

If your team was Blackpool I presume you'd be still watching them with the few hundred others? 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

.....does Blitz or AL as private businessmen owe as an explanation of rent space, or future expenditure?

......You post a lot with no way of getting what you/I want.

.....Blitz and AL we never answer your questions, but because quite honestly they don’t give a f**k.

.....So why worry about what you can’t change? If you honestly think you can change it, then genuinely keep fighting the good fight. 

Thank you for your considered reply.

In response to the excerpts above. I believe the Trust can make a discernible difference to our understanding and ability to influence & we should all unite behind it.

The point I’m making is, do Blitz or AL as private businessmen owe us an explanation of rent space, or future expenditure? The answer unfortunately is no.

Do either of them owe us an explanation? Well obviously, as businessmen they have the right to keep their plans to themselves until it is time to share them. However it really is not as black and white as that. 

My view is that they should provide answers to questions that affect our future as a club. Both of them hold a privileged position  in determining and impacting how our club moves forward. 

You answer your own question with  ‘unfortunately no’. Whether that is the case at the moment, it’s not a situation we should just resignedly accept. We should continue to push for as much information as we can.

Even businessmen men have to provide answers to their stakeholders.

Sorry Glossop. 

The vast majority of clubs provide quite detailed accounts, most declare annual wage bill.  Compare and contrast with Accrington. Whilst there is no legal case for fuller disclosure, there is the acccepted goodwill and practice for doing so.

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Luke Beckett wasn’t a Playershare buy. The Trust funded him but it was before Playershare.

I think the first Playershare buy was Evina, and that was when Playershare was supposedly independent from the Trust.

The first person to ever claim Luke Beckett was a Playershare buy was Shitpeas. 

yep your right, it was left over money that bought Luke and spawned the idea of playershare. Apologies, my error. Shitpeas? is that a terminology for a specific person...I and guessing at one.

Playershare is still independent from the Trust. The Trust wanted to re-launch it with an appeal for more committee people for it, we wanted to launch/re-launch several things these season (Past, present, future, membership in mind...) but we are again, short on numbers on both commitee's and the Trust is concentrating our time on owner and landlord.

Cheers

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, underdog said:

yep your right, it was left over money that bought Luke and spawned the idea of playershare. Apologies, my error. Shitpeas? is that a terminology for a specific person...I and guessing at one.

Playershare is still independent from the Trust. The Trust wanted to re-launch it with an appeal for more committee people for it, we wanted to launch/re-launch several things these season (Past, present, future, membership in mind...) but we are again, short on numbers on both commitee's and the Trust is concentrating our time on owner and landlord.

Cheers

One of the talking heads on Charlie Brooker's shows is called Barry Shitpeas. Someone, not me, and I'm not fully sure who, linked the common first name with a former member of both the Trust and club board. So it became a way of referring to that person, mainly on social media. 

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Cheers

Is there anything currently in the Playershare coffers Tracey?

Talking of money going to various pots, does anyone know much about the Giant Cash Bonanza?
It states some goes into Youth Development, but I have never seen it mentioned on here. I know there were issues with previous lotteries, but this one?

Seems somrthing we could get behind, on face value, but I'd like to know more first.

43 minutes ago, singe said:

Talking of money going to various pots, does anyone know much about the Giant Cash Bonanza?
It states some goes into Youth Development, but I have never seen it mentioned on here. I know there were issues with previous lotteries, but this one?

Seems somrthing we could get behind, on face value, but I'd like to know more first.

is that the club lottery?

The Trust were approached to re-launch the club style lottery ooooo.... a couple of seasons ago now and we made great strides working with the outside people who have ownership rights of it. When we were about to take over the contract of it all, the club gained its interest again and they decided to continue it

I don't know much else about it other than those early talks

Edited by underdog

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

Sorry Glossop. 

I disagree strongly that we can't influence the owner all businesses are influenced by their customers. Not only that the questions people are asking surround how "his club" Can be more successful. If the North stand is maximised to the benefit of OAFC then that makes Abdullah Lemsagams job a lot easier in trying to make this club (his investment) more successful.

The way you were talking it's as if knowone should question anything that goes on off the pitch. Now if you want to just talk about the football their are plenty of threads on those topics, but their are those who wish to discuss the wider football club issues. 

Their are those of us who wish to hold the owner to account on things too. Now I actually think that AL is slowly slowly getting to grips with the realities of what running this club is about. But their is no doubt concerns over what has happened in 2018. The current lack of a board of directors, the shortage of coaching staff at the club, late payment of wages etc. Now it is his club he can't and won't pander to the fans and I don't want him too. However that doesn't mean he shouldn't take fans concerns seriously and occasionally make compromises. 

Or even explain things. A lot gets made of communication sometimes if the club just explain some of their actions then most people (and despite what is sometimes said the vast majority of our fans are reasonable human beings with reasonable expectations of the football club) will understand it and support the club.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Is there anything currently in the Playershare coffers Tracey?

There is...I must admit I need to get a meeting with what's left of this committee team sorted quickly, I think with me there are only 4/5 of us left now. I don't do the accounts for this one but off the top of my head its about £12k.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

There is...I must admit I need to get a meeting with what's left of this committee team sorted quickly, I think with me there are only 4/5 of us left now. I don't do the accounts for this one but off the top of my head its about £12k.

Can we sign a lock of surridge’s hair please ?

Is there any plan to take a look at the catering at BP? It’s really starting to grate on me in the last few home games. It might not seem too important in the grand scheme of things, but its the little things that help the overall experience. I presume its the same in every stand although I stand to be corrected, but in the main stand there are 3 pie options (my figure would probably suggest I love pies, but I hate pies) and that is it for hot food. I have been to over 100 grounds and that is by far the worst choice I have come accross, and its not good enough. Why can’t we have the standard burgers and hot dogs like we used to? I used to spend about 8 quid at home games on a drink, hot dog and programme, now I spend nothing. The signs are all still up from last season with pictures of hot dogs etc. Also the cold drink option is a piss take, Fanta, Diet Coke and water were the 3 options today. Last season we had Coke, Coke Zero, Oasis in a few flavours etc, how hard is it to get a few different options? For a professional football club we are miles behind in so many areas it’s scary at times. We have the menu printed on a piece of A4 paper stuck up in the food stall ffs. 

Sorry to rant, but I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, daniel said:

Is there any plan to take a look at the catering at BP? It’s really starting to grate on me in the last few home games. It might not seem too important in the grand scheme of things, but its the little things that help the overall experience. I presume its the same in every stand although I stand to be corrected, but in the main stand there are 3 pie options (my figure would probably suggest I love pies, but I hate pies) and that is it for hot food. I have been to over 100 grounds and that is by far the worst choice I have come accross, and its not good enough. Why can’t we have the standard burgers and hot dogs like we used to? I used to spend about 8 quid at home games on a drink, hot dog and programme, now I spend nothing. The signs are all still up from last season with pictures of hot dogs etc. Also the cold drink option is a piss take, Fanta, Diet Coke and water were the 3 options today. Last season we had Coke, Coke Zero, Oasis in a few flavours etc, how hard is it to get a few different options? For a professional football club we are miles behind in so many areas it’s scary at times. We have the menu printed on a piece of A4 paper stuck up in the food stall ffs. 

Sorry to rant, but I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now.

You need to contact the club. 

Just now, josh_latics said:

Really? If fans have gripes, isn't it for the Trust to put them forward?

Exactly. 

Like I said in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter too much, but with that attitude then I guess they aren’t too arsed about my 8 quid every home game, and other peoples money too for that matter.

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Come in the North Stand, you can get chips. And Brandy sometimes too.

Seriously though, it's not the Trust's job to sort out the food. Who's the supporter liaison person - that's who should be contacted.

To be fair one of the questions on the trusts recent survey was about how to improve the experience at BP. I did mention this on that survey, therefore to my mind the trust do and should be involved in these things, they asked the question which I linked in with the catering side of it.

31 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Really? If fans have gripes, isn't it for the Trust to put them forward?

No, its not our remit and especially when there is a more direct route. The issue is with the club so sorry to be direct but it needs raising with the club

The Trust are 9 volunteers who are looking after the clubs welfare and that includes the owner and landlord involvement. Priorities and all.

The club should be having fans and club meetings regulary during the season as I am lead to believe, is an EFL requirement.This is where issues like this should be raised. The Trust ran them on behalf of the club a couple of seasons ago,  and we will be reminding the club that they need to be looking at them again

Thanks

Edited by underdog

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake:

I have explained why.

The club should be holding fans meetings for these issues to be raised and they have not done so

The Trust will be reminding them of the obligation and offering to help the club run them again if need be

Edited by underdog