The Trust - first engagement with AL

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

No, its not our remit and especially when there is a more direct route. The issue is with the club so sorry to be direct but it needs raising with the club

The Trust are 9 volunteers who are looking after the clubs welfare and that includes the owner and landlord involvement.

The club should be having fans and club meetings regulary during the season as I am lead to believe, is an EFL requirement.This is where issues like this should be raised. The Trust ran them on behalf of the club a couple of seasons again and we will be reminding the club that they need to be looking at them again

Thanks

I fully understand that you are all volunteers at the club, however why have questions on a trust survey about the experience at BP if thats not within your remit?

Just now, daniel said:

I fully understand that you are all volunteers at the club, however why have questions on a trust survey about the experience at BP if thats not within your remit?

I am not saying its not important your experience. of course it is and I was giving you a more direct route to raise that issues with in the here and now

we have a marketing sub committee, so maybe its a question they wanted to ask/ capture overall from fans with a future agenda. Bearing in mind the fans bar fiasco we have had.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

And @lookersstandandy wants this lot to be pushing the agenda for hundreds of thousands if not multi-million pound decisions...

Yes the AGM and fans democratic voting is a wonderful thing...so lets put a little bit of reality out there shall we and in no particular order of at least my concerns

HMRC outcome pending.

Clubs late submission of accounts.

No club board or board meetings in the last 12 months.

Staff turnover.

Owner.

Landlord.

Ex owner.

The plan (yep...12 months nearly now. Time has been given for slowly, slowly.

Fans match day experience

LookersstandAndy is putting sensible stuff out there that we ALL should be paying attention too. 

Now lets manage expectations of what 9 volunteers can do who meet once a month shall we.....

oh yes with a little bit of support from Supporters Direct...what we could potentially achieve or tap into if needed

Edited by underdog
Yanked on my chain reaction

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes the AGM and fans democratic voting is a wonderful thing...so lets put a little bit of reality out there shall we and in no particular order of at least my concerns

HMRC outcome pending.

Staff turnover.

Owner.

Landlord.

Ex owner.

LookersstandAndy is putting sensible stuff out there that we ALL should be paying attention too. 

Now lets manage expectations of what 9 volunteers can do who meet once a month shall we.....

oh yes with a little bit of support from Supporters Direct...what we could potentially achieve or tap into if needed

As with Andy, all very worthwhile and very real concerns. 

However, I’ve not seen one solution on how you make an owner speak. Your as close as we can get, and as you said your none the wiser 12 months after the takeover. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

As with Andy, all very worthwhile and very real concerns. 

However, I’ve not seen one solution on how you make an owner speak. Your as close as we can get, and as you said your none the wiser 12 months after the takeover. 

Which about sums it up.

Unfortunately AL is a lone wolf, its his club and he does things his way and if he doesnt like what your doing you will be fired.. I doubt for one minute that the trust will get any truthful answers regarding the hmrc dealings..

I appreciate the work the trust have done in the past but AL doesnt seem interested in liaising with trust and they seem to find out what shambolic events happen at the club when the news is broken by people like Mike Keegan at the same time as us all..

I’m hoping im wrong and he starts to comminicate with you and he is open and honest about the clubs finances and accounts but i just cant see it unfortunately..

From the Trust's website: "Working with the Supporter Liaison Officer, Trust Oldham will help to provide a structured communication channel for Oldham Athletic fans."

What's the structured channel? Tell fans to direct it to the club?

Daniel raised a point that has been raised before - the experience at BP is a shambles. Surely the Trust can put that forward concerns held across the fanbase more effectively than odd fans sending emails to the SLO?

8 hours ago, underdog said:

HMRC outcome pending.

Staff turnover.

Owner.

Landlord.

Ex owner.

Realistically little you can do about most of that.

Focus on the smaller things you can/should be able to effect, like the catering.

And the big unsightly extractor fan or whatever it is on top of the exec boxes...

Edited by deyres42

8 hours ago, josh_latics said:

From the Trust's website: "Working with the Supporter Liaison Officer, Trust Oldham will help to provide a structured communication channel for Oldham Athletic fans."

What's the structured channel? Tell fans to direct it to the club?

Daniel raised a point that has been raised before - the experience at BP is a shambles. Surely the Trust can put that forward concerns held across the fanbase more effectively than odd fans sending emails to the SLO?

The structured channel IS the SLO :blink:

31 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Think AL and the trust have a lot in common. You dont know whats happwning unless youre i  the inner circle.

Slowly, slowly applies to AL rebuilding and getting any relevant worthwhile info from the trust.

Any notes or minutes from the last AGM? 

Slowly, slowly

Still to be signed off I suspect.

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Still to be signed off I suspect.

Your right, they are approved at the next AGM.

I find it strange but its standard apparently.

I will hold my hands up and say we are way behind publishing our own meeting notes, we have had some key people leave and a new web person looking at the site that had to have some down time.

I have some spare time on my hands a the moment so i will see if I can get the training/access to upload the back log.

11 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Unfortunately AL is a lone wolf, its his club and he does things his way and if he doesnt like what your doing you will be fired.. I doubt for one minute that the trust will get any truthful answers regarding the hmrc dealings..

I appreciate the work the trust have done in the past but AL doesnt seem interested in liaising with trust and they seem to find out what shambolic events happen at the club when the news is broken by people like Mike Keegan at the same time as us all..

I’m hoping im wrong and he starts to comminicate with you and he is open and honest about the clubs finances and accounts but i just cant see it unfortunately..

It would help if Al appointed some key people when he is frequently not at the club.

A CEO would be a start relying on a previous director is not necessarily a bad thing but hire someone who has expertise at CEO level and running a business would be better.

Having a board in place with people on it with business experience or even better, willing to invest and share financial/legal responsibilities of club ownership would give me peace of mind.

• Like 1

Wouldn't hold your breath from SLO.
All water under the bridge 2 years and a bit later.

I've had some fantastic experences dealing with the club,  that wasn't one of them

At least Fulham made up for it. Including the ticket office who were superb.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Does he fancy investing?

No chance......he's a latics fans....like us all he's invested enough blood sweat and tears

However he has kindly offered his services, business sense and good corporate governance for what a limited company should look like

Edited by underdog

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Impressive addition. 

sometimes when your playing hardball...you need a bigger bat...I am sure thats from a movie but i can't remember which one...hahah

We all have varied skillsets but we are missing people with decent business skills as we have been low on numbers for a couple of months.

A corporate lawyer/solicitor and an accountant would be ideal

15 hours ago, underdog said:

sometimes when your playing hardball...you need a bigger bat...I am sure thats from a movie but i can't remember which one...hahah

We all have varied skillsets but we are missing people with decent business skills as we have been low on numbers for a couple of months.

A corporate lawyer/solicitor and an accountant would be ideal

Will he be putting some money in?