The Trust - first engagement with AL

4 minutes ago, Andy b said:

A confidential employee-employer issue which no one beyond the parties concerned can reasonably expect to have knowledge of. I would hope that it will come out via appropriate channels at the appropriate time. 

I wasn't asking what the issue was, merely had you asked/been informed.

I believe the resolution of this matter to be more of an issue than whether the owner has put another 50p in the electric meter.

Anyway, like you say it will come out via the appropriate channels in due course.

10 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I believe the resolution of this matter to be more of an issue than whether the owner has put another 50p in the electric meter.

Anyway, like you say it will come out via the appropriate channels in due course.

When we get Mouche in you'll forget Jack Byrne ever existed.:chubb:

31 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Ok understood. 

However I cannot agree on your penultimate point. How can the fate of one player be more important than the issue of our owner's plans, ambitions and means to deliver a viable future for the club? 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

The initial meeting with Diane Mellor was brief and i understand didnt get on to such operational matters unfortunatley. We hope to see claims of late payments disappearing as we go forward. Once regular club board meetings are put in place we should be able to get closer to issues such as this. Sorry, can't provide anything further on this at this particular point.

As to whether AL can / cannot afford to pay wages. I don't know his personal wealth however he does have the means to clean up the club, clear debts etc and that is the process he is currently going through to get us back on an even keel.

We all want the club to be run responsibly and sustainably, not to rely on hand outs from a wealthy owner. Whether he has the personal means to keep the club going over the long term is not really the issue therefore. What is important is that he has skill set, contacts and business knowledge to ensure OAFC is a successful business, which should translate onto the pitch in time.

He is bringing experienced people into the club who can help and guide him and he certainly has the passion and enthusiasm. We believe he is putting the success of OAFC first. Compare that to the previous owner if you will.

I did ask pre Trust meeting if AL intended to bring any investors on board, I think this was reasonable question and could have been answered in seconds.

I also feel the Trust should have had a set of fans questions passed on to AL before the meeting with him so he could readily give the answers.

Edited by BP1960

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I did ask pre Trust meeting if AL intended to bring any investors on board, I think this was reasonable question and could have been answered in seconds.

I also feel the Trust should have had a set of fans questions passed on to AL before the meeting with him so he could readily give the answers.

Ok thanks.

Just to clarify, the first meeting with AL was really a case of Diane touching base following her appointment as a club director. It wasn't a formal owner-Trust meeting so to speak. 

Full club board meetings are yet to commence following AL's acquisition.

Once they do, these provide a means of regular dialogue with AL covering various issues. 

We are aware of the raft of issues and questions coming from fans and can read the current mood from these. We know what people want to know.

As of today, the communications between AL and the Trust have only just begun. I know I sound like a broken record but please just give us a little time.

thanks 

11 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Ok thanks.

Just to clarify, the first meeting with AL was really a case of Diane touching base following her appointment as a club director. It wasn't a formal owner-Trust meeting so to speak. 

Full club board meetings are yet to commence following AL's acquisition.

Once they do, these provide a means of regular dialogue with AL covering various issues. 

We are aware of the raft of issues and questions coming from fans and can read the current mood from these. We know what people want to know.

As of today, the communications between AL and the Trust have only just begun. I know I sound like a broken record but please just give us a little time.

thanks 

Maybe ask again nearer the time there is a full board meeting.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Right, because you'd have been 100% ok if he'd said he did know but wasn't telling you 

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Usually, the trust rep will give the Trust board an update of club matters within our remit, in our monthly meetings.

As there has been a change  to who the Trust rep is on 9th July at the AGM and that there has been no OAFC board meeting to officially present Diane as the new Trust rep (Diane has also to pass Fit and proper person to be a Director of OAFC too as she is responsible for the running of the business like the other directors are). There has been little chance of her bedding in so to speak in her new role on the board of OAFC.

Luckily, she has been on the trust board since its inception in 2004 and has been around the club during this time that people in the right places at the club know who she is so its not so much a baptism of fire by saying "hello im the new person"... and was introduced to Al beforehand so he is aware of her.  This is why an early meeting could be arranged so quickly outside a usual club board meeting.

thanks

Edited by underdog

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Ok understood. 

However I cannot agree on your penultimate point. How can the fate of one player be more important than the issue of our owner's plans, ambitions and means to deliver a viable future for the club? 

I am aware that the future of the club is more important than anything else.

I have bills that land on a regular basis like all of us, i don't expect to get a pat on the back for keeping on top of them, it is the norm to pay your way.

So far all we have been told is that the owner has paid bills,some current, some historic.

That is his business, it is his club ! i don't want to know or interfere in that, i want to turn up and see the team win, i want the best players playing .....

5 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I have bills that land on a regular basis like all of us, i don't expect to get a pat on the back for keeping on top of them, it is the norm to pay your way.

What are you on about? Silly analogy from the forum of silly analogies. 

You are belittling the challenge.  Comparing your home leccy bill with running a business is utterly ridiculous.  I run a business with a few dozen employees, it’s far more stressful, complicated (and yes rewarding) to cope with than paying mpower once a month. 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What are you on about? Silly analogy from the forum of silly analogies. 

You are belittling the challenge.  Comparing your home leccy bill with running a business is utterly ridiculous.  I run a business with a few dozen employees, it’s far more stressful, complicated (and yes rewarding) to cope with than paying mpower once a month. 

Npower 

He should have asked you or another top level businessman to check out the club finances before buying eh 

time to go now, see you later :chubb:

Edited by archiecat

On 8/18/2018 at 2:09 PM, archiecat said:

Npower 

He should have asked you or another top level businessman to check out the club finances before buying eh 

time to go now, see you later :chubb:

You got me on a typing technicality, you hero. You win. I have only manage to employ 30 people for over 15 years, helping to provide for their families for all that time. Pales into insignificance to anything you have ‘achieved’ no doubt. 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You got me on a typing technicality, you hero. You win. I have only manage to employ 30 people for over 15 years, helping to provide for their families for all that time. Pales into insignificance to anything you have ‘achieved’ no doubt. 

:petesake: bit cringe.

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Let it go, you were wrong genius :chubb:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake: bit cringe.

Yeah. But when some clown compares paying his domestic monthly bills and his weekly shop at Lidl or Iceland (I expect) to an owner coming in and sorting out the financial ruins of a ltd company, paying the debts and trying to get all bills (including dozens of salaries) on an a sound footing I’m afraid I get a little irritated. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yeah. But when some clown compares paying his domestic monthly bills and his weekly shop at Lidl or Iceland (I expect) to an owner coming in and sorting out the financial ruins of a ltd company, paying the debts and trying to get all bills (including dozens of salaries) on an a sound footing I’m afraid I get a little irritated. 

You used your business 'acumen' to belittle anyone who dared to criticise Corney this time last year. Ultimately, they turned out to be right and you were wrong. Unless you've owned a football club then you're no more qualified to comment than the average Joe regardless of what you've achieved in another company. Why not disagree with other posters by engaging with their arguments, and offering your own point of view, rather than willy waving? You're making yourself look like a snob.

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You've never displayed any signs of irritability before. 

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You used your business 'acumen' to belittle anyone who dared to criticise Corney this time last year. Ultimately, they turned out to be right and you were wrong. Unless you've owned a football club then you're no more qualified to comment than the average Joe regardless of what you've achieved in another company. Why not disagree with other posters by engaging with their arguments, and offering your own point of view, rather than willy waving? You're making yourself look like a snob.

I am a snob. ?

53 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Thank you, point noted for future reference 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Lidl or Iceland comment uncalled for and sort of throws any argument on the fire for you I'm afraid.

Archie doesn't exactly float my boat as I'm sure he knows but to try and insult him based on where he may or may not shop or what he has or hasn't achieved is a bit crass imo (and yes I've thrown insults before so no I'm not perfect)

not that Id be seen dead in either, I'm an Aldi man myself ?

Archie - paying Npower is different to running a business with a payroll (in the interest of balance) ?