Neatly symmetrical

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Just came across the fact that Avro FC whose home ground used to be at The Lancaster Club in Failsworth now share the Vestacare (Ex-Whitebank Stadium) with the Roughyeds.  Almost poetically ironic.

It is when Roughyeds were gifted it by the Council and chucked AFC Oldham out but could not afford to do it up or pay the rent so are now tenants of Avro, who have spent significant amounts doing it up. 

29 minutes ago, singe said:

It is when Roughyeds were gifted it by the Council and chucked AFC Oldham out but could not afford to do it up or pay the rent so are now tenants of Avro, who have spent significant amounts doing it up. 

Goes to show how much rugby league is on its arse at the moment

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Just came across the fact that Avro FC whose home ground used to be at The Lancaster Club in Failsworth now share the Vestacare (Ex-Whitebank Stadium) with the Roughyeds.  Almost poetically ironic.

It is.

Btw Dave you are becoming the Leonard Sachs of OWTB with some fine words like symmetrical.

Keep them coming.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

It is.

Btw Dave you are becoming the Leonard Sachs of OWTB with some fine words like symmetrical.

Keep them coming.

I love words.  Peter Roget is almost as much of a hero as Roget Palmer....

55 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They have a chance of going up again.  Wonder if the ground will meet the required standards if they do.

I seem to remember them having trouble the last time they achieved promotion, but managed to secure it. Hopefully with Avro's investment in the ground all will be ok again. 

26 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

I just ordered a new thesaurus and when it arrived it was just blank pages.  I was lost for words.

In Charlie Buchans book on football he wrote "Turn over the page to find out what many directors know about football

The page was blank.