3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So after picking up a win today, does anyone feel there's a need for any changes on Tuesday?

Also...how many of us will actually go?  I'll be there but I'm only an hour down the road and it's one of the least appealling away trips even to me!

Some changes for me.

Maouche for Coke
Lang for Nepo and put Branger back on the left
Baxter to feature 

Been to Yeovil 3 times not going to make it a fourth when I can watch it from my computer for a tenner. 

Yeovil have been hot&cold but we never seem to beat them so I wouldn't be too surprised at a defeat.

Still a lot of improvements for us to make ie decision making and communication. 

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Some changes for me.

Maouche for Coke
Lang for Nepo and put Branger back on the left
Baxter to feature 

Been to Yeovil 3 times not going to make it a fourth when I can watch it from my computer for a tenner. 

Yeovil have been hot&cold but we never seem to beat them so I wouldn't be too surprised at a defeat.

Still a lot of improvements for us to make ie decision making and communication. 

If you're paying a tenner i suggest you email that Josh fella at I follow since a match pass is a fiver (or 7 dollars)

22 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

If you're paying a tenner i suggest you email that Josh fella at I follow since a match pass is a fiver (or 7 dollars)

Well its a tenner in the uk but you can go through the VPN thing and get it for 6 euros which I think I will end up doing... 

12 minutes ago, philliggi said:

Ogrady and coke the only ones I'd be tempted to change. Very quiet yesterday, although we won so I'm always of the thinking never change a winning team

If we are going to play an experienced striker then how we did it yesterday might work well in general.  O'Grady works his bollocks off for 70 mins and acts as a foil for Surridge (or Lang) then Miller comes on to bulldoze tiring defences late on.

Central midfield is clearly the big issue at the moment.  Gardner plays but his partner is not an obvious choice.  Byrne would be the best player but still a liability defensively and, of course, suspended.  Baxter similar but replace the suspended part with lacking fitness.  Missilou I think will take a bit of time to get right, he's playing a role that needs positional discipline and he looked out of his depth against FGR. 

So while Coke has been unimpressive so far he's at least experienced in that central midfield role and is probably the best option at the moment.  Said at the end of last season and I stand by it, we really need at least 1 holding midfielder in the squad.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Would keep the same side, in saying that I think Coke needs to vastly improve because if he keeps on playing the way he is (poor touch, poor passing, labouring about) how long do you persist with it.  I'd give him a chance to keep improving, although he was poor yesterday,  he was better than vs Forest Green.

Edited by deckyd

The conundrum with Baxter is where he should play and in what formation. Its obvious once fully fit he will have to start but where do we play him. Assuming Jack Byrne has played his last game for us Baxter once fully fit will be our go to player for creativity and probably be the teams talisman.

The options

As a number 10 in a 4-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 proved to be successful in his first spell playing behind Matt Derbyshire. Trouble is the 1 upfront can become isolated unless he gets runners from midfield, Baxter isnt likely to run beyond the number 9

Number 10 in a 3-5-2 probably the role Id like to see him in has 2 forwards infront of him to feed has 2 midfielders behind him to do his defending. Not sure how keen Bunn is to play that system think he prefers 4 at the back.

Centre midfield in a 4-4-2 solves the central midfield conundrum although he will have to do some defending which isnt his game.

Number 10 at the head of a diamond like 3-5-2 has 2 ahead of him to make runs for him and a midfield behind him to do his defending potentially the system is too narrow.

How do we think we should play him.

I'm going as I'm currently in the SW on holiday. I'm even bringing my Dad, he saw one game last season - we lost 4-1 at Plymouth. 

Someone made the point about the possibility of the likes of Clarke not being able to play 2 games in 4 days, especially with a 5 hour coach journey ahead. I wouldn't normally change a winning team but Frankie may not have a choice. 

PS Anyone driving down may want to consider going via Junction 7 of the M6-turnround and go down the M5 at junction 8, as it eliminates some of the roadworks that way or going M6 (toll) - M42 to join the M5 after the roadworks. 

Edited by rudemedic
Removal of sunglasses smiley

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

PS Anyone driving down may want to consider going via Junction 7 of the M6-turnround and go down the M5 at junction 8 ? as it eliminates some of the roadworks that way or going M6 (toll) - M42 to join the M5 after the roadworks. 

If you do chose junction 7 watch out- the entry back on to the north bound carriage way is a right fork into the middle of the 'roundabout'- something unusual that catches out the unwary.

I'd agree avoiding some of the M5 roadworks would be well worth it.