34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We are back to Love Island again.

I dunno, Frankie hooked up to a lie detector with fans emailing in the questions could be pretty good to watch.

Not that I ever watch Love Island at all, obviously.

13 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not one bit.  Who cares about a stage managed interview to preview a match. You will never learn anything from them.  

Its one of those things people on here read too much into for me(another one is the touchline demeanour). If you look at all our managers they all have their own way of doing things Dowie was often very passionate in interviews often very PMA. John Sheridan on the otherhand was often quite dour and abit moody. Lee Johnson loved firing out his buzzwords.

Bunn seems to want to take a low key tone in his press conferences and doesnt want to say too much. If thats the style he wants and feels comfortable with then thats fine hes a different personality to those other managers and he should do it his way. 

Besides the most important thing is we do our talking on the pitch and we build on saturdays result a positive result even a draw at what is traditionally a bogey ground would be good and potentially we can start getting some forward momentum

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

John Sheridan on the otherhand was often quite dour and abit moody.

Shez's pre and post match interviews were wonderful and the highlight of my week. 

I even watched a couple of his Fleetwood one's.

I might delve into the archives later...  

41 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The #komyoonikayshunlads do 

I’ll bite.... I take more from the manager’s oratory skills, than I do from the questions he’s answering. In any job that requires an individual to manage, enthuse, motivate & lead human resource to achieve goals, there is an a fundamental requirement for that individual to be a solid communicator, regardless of his craft or technical skills. I’m not talking about an extensive vocabulary necessarily, I mean someone who holds gravitas when they talk. Royle had it in spades. Dowie too. Shez was a right grumpy f*cker, but no one could say he didn’t have gravitas when he spoke. LJ was exceptional for a man so young. Dean Holden didn’t have it. Darren Kelly was f*ckin hopeless. I wasn’t anti Stephen Robinson, he was dealt the hospital pass of hospital passes by Corney. I was excited by Wellens to start with, but he lost the plot. Frankie. Jury is out. I liked the early steely ones. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind after FGR.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’ll bite.... I take more from the manager’s oratory skills, than I do from the questions he’s answering. In any job that requires an individual to manage, enthuse, motivate & lead human resource to achieve goals, there is an a fundamental requirement for that individual to be a solid communicator, regardless of his craft or technical skills. I’m not talking about an extensive vocabulary necessarily, I mean someone who holds gravitas when they talk. Royle had it in spades. Dowie too. Shez was a right grumpy f*cker, but no one could say he didn’t have gravitas when he spoke. LJ was exceptional for a man so young. Dean Holden didn’t have it. Darren Kelly was f*ckin hopeless. I wasn’t anti Stephen Robinson, he was dealt the hospital pass of hospital passes by Corney. I was excited by Wellens to start with, but he lost the plot. Frankie. Jury is out. I liked the early steely ones. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind after FGR.

See? :lol:

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not one bit.  Who cares about a stage managed interview to preview a match. You will never learn anything from them.  

I learn plenty, thank you:

I learn that the opposition will be dangerous, probably on the back of a 3 wins 3 draws or 3  defeats or any compilation thereof.

I learn our lads have been training hard all week and are up for the game.

I learn, surreptitiously, a cunning plan is afoot with no mention of the team members or tactics.

I learn before every game that unknown changes may be made and things must improve.

I have yet to be lulled into a false state over of confidence from these interviews which I find refreshing from other teams mangers who usually come out with a load useless c**p.

I can , with what I've learned, go into every game with no false expectations of victory. You can imagine how sweet the victories are. 

I can't tell you how useful these interviews have been to me over last decade.

You are of course entitled to you opinion. 

Edited by mikeroyboy

I forgot how good winning feels. I also forgot how a two goal lead feels, admittedly I didn’t have the 2nd feeling for long. I just pray to the footballing gods that winning become a more regular occurrence. If it does league two won’t seem so bad. I’m sick of losing !!!