4 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

I agree with Monty. It's one thing when it's Yeovil away and the vast majority aren't going to go anyway, but if it's mid-December, and we're playing some garbage team at home and it's freezing and raining, people will be tempted to just pay a tenner and stay in rather than go to the game. 

I think in Australia they screen certain live games of Rugby League (or maybe Aussie Rules) but it's not available in the local region to where the game is being played.

Could be an option to minimise effect on attendances.  No idea if that is any way enforcable with IP addresses etc though! 

2 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

I agree with Monty. It's one thing when it's Yeovil away and the vast majority aren't going to go anyway, but if it's mid-December, and we're playing some garbage team at home and it's freezing and raining, people will be tempted to just pay a tenner and stay in rather than go to the game. 

Obviously some would choose to stay at home, but there must be something in it for the clubs.

The income from screening games would, i imagine be split between the broadcaster,league and clubs. It is difficult to imagine there being no form of recompense for a potential fall in attendance.

Personally if rather go! Ifollow sounds shit, one camera dodgy commentary. Watching on tv isn’t the same. For a extra £8 to be in the ground, I know what I’d pick. If you support a club like oldham you’re in it for the experience, not watching it on tv. I can see the odd person skipping , but most people who pay will be the people that wouldn’t have bothered turning up in the first place.

32 minutes ago, archiecat said:

But my opinion is narrow and shortsighted ? he is a cock BP my opinion and guess what, i am entitled to that too :D 

Yes it is narrow and short sighted. Me being a cock, however true, is not the issue.

And, technically, you aren’t actually allowed to pop up and chuck abuse at people just because your limited mindset does not allow you to see more than one viewpoint. You can actually get banned for that, tut tut.

Edited by Monty Burns
Pedantry

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Personally if rather go! Ifollow sounds shit, one camera dodgy commentary. Watching on tv isn’t the same. For a extra £8 to be in the ground, I know what I’d pick. If you support a club like oldham you’re in it for the experience, not watching it on tv. I can see the odd person skipping , but most people who pay will be the people that wouldn’t have bothered turning up in the first place.

I’d rather go too. But, it seems I have this rare ability of being able to not just think about myself.

15 minutes ago, archiecat said:

It is difficult to imagine there being no form of recompense for a potential fall in attendance.

Just to confirm, you find it difficult to imagine the Football League and their partners thinking of ways to make a bit more money for themselves at the expense of clubs?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There is a solution, one pays for the stream and mates chip in wirh a can and all watch it together.

I can see pubs doing it. This would dramatically affect attendances.

Edited by Monty Burns
Changed the word ‘will’ to ‘would’

Never had an issue when I have watched an ifollow game its the commentary that’s been rubbish for me. Watched Preston game with no issues at all. Think they have put a lot of long distance games on Tuesdays for this reason. Only thing that makes sense. We have Lincoln and Yeovil both on Tuesdays. 

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

While I would kind of agree with you we are talking Yeovil away on a Tuesday night. In normal circumstances it would be a surprise if we took 150, and lets face it if you are prepared to go to Yeovil away on a Tuesday nigh you won't care if its on a stream, those that do go are the nutters who will just go anywhere. If we are talking about a local game say Bury away this might be different however like you say most would prefer the extra £8 to be in the ground.

I can see more streaming coming in at this rate but it could go either way. Pay per view came in to football and never really took off, streaming like this could just be something that is done for long distance away games on a Tuesday night that won't much impact on attendances and would allow us to watch more games. I'm not sure I'd support the idea for all games then again I can't see that happening.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I am surprised at this, can see it having an adverse effect on attendances.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I think they will need to reduce prices. Stunned this has been allowed.

You're not getting Martin Tyler on commentary or Souness SEETHING at the ineptitude of our midfield at half time. 

You have to do all that yourself.

It's handy to have for games I can't/don't want to go to.

I'd be amazed if anybody made a conscious decision to sit and watch iFollow at home if they were otherwise able & willing to go in person. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I see it as testing the water Monty.

My feeling is the EFL will say its a big succes and agree to all matches being streamed if there's big money in it.

That would mean changing the law and lifting the ban on televised football between 3pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday, and if they did that Sky would be straight in with live 3pm Saturday football.

28 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd be amazed if anybody made a conscious decision to sit and watch iFollow at home if they were otherwise able & willing to go in person. 

I’m trying to think of the last time I went to a Latics game, where watching the football was the primary reason I was going? 

25 minutes ago, Simpo said:

That would mean changing the law and lifting the ban on televised football between 3pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday, and if they did that Sky would be straight in with live 3pm Saturday football.

Wouldn't discount it, stranger things have happened.

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The 'press conference' was just abysmal. Not from Bunn's perspective but from the interviewer. Asked him questions and then more or less answered them for him. 3:30 in length as well?! Get someone in who's actually media trained and ask some real questions. 

How many different ways are they to say nothing ? It bores me to tears watching pre-match and some post-match "pressers" the same old questions are asked and the manager/player trots out the same stock answers.

Seriously, if someone asked the "real questions" you desire you wouldn't get honest answers from 90% of managers or players ( don't forget players etc.. are coached into non answering most enquiries ).