Eid Mubarak

17 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Have a read of the comments under the clubs tweet regarding Celebrating Eid. It’s no wonder that we have so few Muslim supporters. Unnecessary racist remarks from several racist dick’ed fans.

Totally agree, would this sort of thing be a first within football though? I'm not excusing people's ignorance but I wouldn't say it's the norm.

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Put it like this its pissing off the gammon snowflakes (those who combine the anger and ignorance of a gammon with the ability to be easily triggered like a snowflake)

For that reason Im glad the club have done this.

What is a gammon, apart from a neat definition of irony in this context? 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What is a gammon, apart from a neat definition of irony in this context? 

Angry boneheads who went to the "university of life" usually the worst type of Daily Mail reader. Their response to a simple Happy Eid Murbarak would be to go into a paranoid rage of whataboutism "this has got nothing to do with football" "I bet we dont do this for christmas"

While I agree with all of the posts in this thread, I despise religion. I’m aethiest & believe some books written between 2,000 & 1,400 years ago are the route of much of societies problems today. While I defend every human’s right to practice a religion, I also defend race & gender equality and LGBT rights. You’ll be hard pushed to find many religions that preach & the practice the same.

36 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I despise religion. I’m aethiest & believe some books written between 2,000 & 1,400 years ago are the route of much of societies problems today.

Religion’s probably the biggest contributing factor to how progressive, cultured and civilised Western society is.

As for LGBTQ+~$[@, whatever they call themselves these days, they can get to fuck. They’re a political group, not a civil rights one. To give you an example, if you’re transgender, but a conservative one, you ain’t welcome to align yourself with them. It’s politics disguised as civil rights.

11 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Religion’s probably the biggest contributing factor to how progressive, cultured and civilised Western society is.

....To give you an example, if you’re transgender, but a conservative one, you ain’t welcome...

Doesn’t make it right - today - for race, gender & sexual preference prejudice to be defended or go unchallenged in the name of ones religious beliefs.

Its not something I’ve had personal experience of, but if what you describe is indeed accurate (and I’m not doubting you), then I agree that is also unacceptable.

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

While I agree with all of the posts in this thread, I despise religion. I’m aethiest & believe some books written between 2,000 & 1,400 years ago are the route of much of societies problems today. While I defend every human’s right to practice a religion, I also defend race & gender equality and LGBT rights. You’ll be hard pushed to find many religions that preach & the practice the same.

Not so hard pushed to find the one that preaches and practices it the least though...

Mornin' OWTB :grin:

8 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think I'm a bit of a contradiction.

You're only an atheist?   I'm an anti-theist !!  I utterly despise all organised religions.

However, on the other matter raised here.... gender politics is horse shit!  It is ridiculously divisive, vicious and hypocritical.   We are normalising mental illness.... my opinion... not based on some archaic cult (religious) belief, but based on science!  Self identifying as any gender (or as I have seen any race!?) you want whenever you want for no particular reason is just ridiculous.

Religion is,  in my opinion, horse shit. So is a man identifying as a woman etc. Again, in my opinion. Saying that everyone can do what the hell they want and I care not one bit as long as it doesn't impact on my life. If my little lad Samuel decides he wants to be a woman when he's older then fine. But try telling me I need to call you Samantha because of your feelings and I'll ground you however old you are. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Religion is,  in my opinion, horse shit. So is a man identifying as a woman etc. Again, in my opinion. Saying that everyone can do what the hell they want and I care not one bit as long as it doesn't impact on my life. If my little lad Samuel decides he wants to be a woman when he's older then fine. But try telling me I need to call you Samantha because of your feelings and I'll ground you however old you are. 

Good biblical name (I loathe religion for the avoidance of doubt) ?

26 minutes ago, rosa said:

Can't wait for the club to tweet their support for Manchester Pride for good measure.

Why hasn't the club adopted the rainbow colour scheme for their twitter ident, yet? 

Might bookmark this thread for next time any one asks why the local Muslim population doesn't go to games.