Morecambe (a)

9 minutes ago, wilsonjunior said:

agree sick of hearing 'fold the club' 

As for the morecambe keeper, shame Barry Roach has been suspended, - hes absolute gash

Bunn has to go for the win against these, especially infront of 1699 tics and Kasunga is God. (Assuming he / she goes) 

Are you Brian's son btw? ?

1 hour ago, singe said:

It seems Morecambe first choice keeper could be suspended for this game after brimh Sent off, straight red. 

I'm going to make sure I change my prediction League to us not scoring!! 

Just our luck for them to bring in a brilliant keeper on loan.

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just our luck for them to bring in a brilliant keeper on loan.

I recall at home against  Yeovil  a few years ago they had a brilliant  keeper who performed  miracles. Hope he is not related! !!

Not taking anything  for granted  in this  game and will have to be up for a fight. 

Looking forward to the game and a win. My wife is treating me to a couple of days at the Midland so will have plenty of time to celebrate our win......hopefully.

Morecambe were smashed for 6 by Crewe 2 weeks ago who intern were smashed for 6 last night by Colchester. we really should go with the intention of winning and not settling for a point, especially when you consider that we will have a large backing also.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Tricky thing is, there is only Gardner in our midfield who is consistently capable of passing to a forward.

Both Nepo and Branger offer very poor service from wide positions,Coke is hit and miss at best and Missile is pretty much a mini Fane.

This leaves us having to punt the ball upfield from defence hoping it sticks to a big lump like Miller or COG, who with the best will in the world offer limited goal threat.

I would like to see Baxter,Surridge ( if fit ) and Lang all start with the intention of keeping the ball on the deck.

Nothing wrong with having the battering ram option from the bench. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Morecambe were smashed for 6 by Crewe 2 weeks ago who intern were smashed for 6 last night by Colchester. we really should go with the intention of winning and not settling for a point, especially when you consider that we will have a large backing also.

12 - 0 it is then ?

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

12 - 0 it is then ?

should be :D

But I'd take a 1-0. Wins will breed confidence, and the more confident we become the more likely we are to be expansive and start turning on the style leading to better brand of football.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I'd go for one change on Saturday:

Iverson

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Branger-Engone

Gardner

Missilou

Nepomuceno

O'Grady

Lang

If Baxter is close to full fitness then he has to be considered, but I wouldn't be looking to change much from yesterday.  Branger-Engone was the weak link but I'm not sure we have anyone better at the moment.  I've gone for O'Grady ahead of Miller because I think O'Grady will link better with a younger, quicker striker and Miller will make a better impression off the bench.  Very interested to see what Lang would do in a central role.

3 hours ago, archiecat said:

Tricky thing is, there is only Gardner in our midfield who is consistently capable of passing to a forward.

Both Nepo and Branger offer very poor service from wide positions,Coke is hit and miss at best and Missile is pretty much a mini Fane.

This leaves us having to punt the ball upfield from defence hoping it sticks to a big lump like Miller or COG, who with the best will in the world offer limited goal threat.

I would like to see Baxter,Surridge ( if fit ) and Lang all start with the intention of keeping the ball on the deck.

Nothing wrong with having the battering ram option from the bench. 

Ha, did you watch the match last night.    Caught in Possession, wayward passes and shite dead ball delivery.  He picked up a bit when Baxter came on but he had a bad game.  Missile was the pick of the midfield.

I'm hoping Baxter playing a full game can drag those around him up a notch... including Gardner who flatters to deceive a bit for me.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Takes him to Morecambe for three days?

I went to Morecambe once for a day out when staying in The Lakes with an ex. We didn't even need to pay for parking we were there for that short a time. That hotel was the one interesting thing I saw though.  

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ha, did you watch the match last night.    Caught in Possession, wayward passes and shite dead ball delivery.  He picked up a bit when Baxter came on but he had a bad game.  Missile was the pick of the midfield.

I'm hoping Baxter playing a full game can drag those around him up a notch... including Gardner who flatters to deceive a bit for me.

What you know about football can be wrote on the back of a postage stamp but thanks for your comment!