Morecambe (a)

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

HIT THE POST,ALMOST SCORED, anyone else contribute that much?

You mean he missed?  I said he improved after Baxter came on... but he did have a bad game overall.

Yes, Missile contributed as much when he prevented a certain goal after the Hunt mistake.  Stopping a goal is as good as scoring one.

Anyhow, off you pop to vote for your love in the MOM thread.

16 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I recall at home against  Yeovil  a few years ago they had a brilliant  keeper who performed  miracles. Hope he is not related! !!

Not taking anything  for granted  in this  game and will have to be up for a fight. 

Looking forward to the game and a win. My wife is treating me to a couple of days at the Midland so will have plenty of time to celebrate our win......hopefully.

That'll be great, staying over Friday and Saturday night I'm guessing? 

You'll receive a fine welcome in Morecambe and a walk along the coast either way is highly recommended, I cycle down it daily proudly wearing Latics gear 

Safe journey over Sir 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You mean he missed?  I said he improved after Baxter came on... but he did have a bad game overall.

Yes, Missile contributed as much when he prevented a certain goal after the Hunt mistake.  Stopping a goal is as good as scoring one.

Anyhow, off you pop to vote for your love in the MOM thread.

It is my opinion that after Baxter and of course, the incarcerated Byrne  that Gardner is the pick of the other midfielders.

I see your point with the contribution of Missile  but i didn't say that he had a crap game , i  said he was a mini Fane , ie much more likely to be breaking up play than  playing a creative role.

Just now, archiecat said:

It is my opinion that after Baxter and of course, the incarcerated Byrne  that Gardner is the pick of the other midfielders.

I see your point with the contribution of Missile  but i didn't say that he had a crap game , i  said he was a mini Fane , ie much more likely to be breaking up play than  playing a creative role.

I agree with you.   Gardner is the only other midfielder who at present has the ability in him to produce, but he doesn't do it enough and last night his mistakes far outweighed his contribution.  I believe he would benefit massively from Baxter being next to him though and will show much more as a result, all is not lost yet.  We can have this league.... its mostly shit.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I agree with you.   Gardner is the only other midfielder who at present has the ability in him to produce, but he doesn't do it enough and last night his mistakes far outweighed his contribution.  I believe he would benefit massively from Baxter being next to him though and will show much more as a result, all is not lost yet.  We can have this league.... its mostly shit.

Maybe he has that Byrne thing going on, feeling the need to do everything himself because he can't trust someone else to do it.

Take on too much responsibility and the potential to drop a clanger increases. There was an instance last night when he lost possession on half way which could have proved costly,.maybe there were others i can't recall, me head was hurting trying to follow the cameraman up and down from the sky.

Just now, archiecat said:

Maybe he has that Byrne thing going on, feeling the need to do everything himself because he can't trust someone else to do it.

Take on too much responsibility and the potential to drop a clanger increases. There was an instance last night when he lost possession on half way which could have proved costly,.maybe there were others i can't recall, me head was hurting trying to follow the cameraman up and down from the sky.

It happened twice in open play.  Really dangerous positions that could have easily led to a goal.   I'll ignore all of the awful dead balls that also led to breakaways. 

But you are right, he is doing that Byrne thing of trying to do everything.  Its not conducive to a good performance.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

written off after one half of football…  brilliant.  He's better than Coke from what I have seen.

It stands out as being one of the worst i've ever seen .. that said he's played a few times more since and hasn't stood out.

MK Dons first game he came on and didn't exactly do much apart from over run the ball.

59 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

That'll be great, staying over Friday and Saturday night I'm guessing? 

You'll receive a fine welcome in Morecambe and a walk along the coast either way is highly recommended, I cycle down it daily proudly wearing Latics gear 

Safe journey over Sir 

Cheers OLDHAMADE.Staying Saturday  and Sunday then off to Cartmel.Probably  walk up to the Kings for a few before the game.

41 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

written off after one half of football…  brilliant.  He's better than Coke from what I have seen.

Im writing him off on the grounds that he hasnt had a sniff in our midfield for the last 12 months. The most likely reason being is that he isnt good enough.

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Cheers OLDHAMADE.Staying Saturday  and Sunday then off to Cartmel.Probably  walk up to the Kings for a few before the game.

Try and get a walk in Heysham village and along the barrows, that's up my neck of the woods ?

Our local had a £2 million pound refurb https://www.theroyalheysham.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy8r21Z2B3QIVTZPtCh2JPQJGEAAYAiAAEgLcAvD_BwE 

I'd like to see Baxter with Gardner and Missile in the middle. Don't know if anyone noticed last night but Baxter received a shocking pass and instead of stripping like Byrne did he applauded the effort and gave a thumbs up. Byrne always gave people like Fane players of they messed a pass up

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd like to see Baxter with Gardner and Missile in the middle. Don't know if anyone noticed last night but Baxter received a shocking pass and instead of stripping like Byrne did he applauded the effort and gave a thumbs up. Byrne always gave people like Fane players of they messed a pass up

I remember Byrne having the odd sulk but I dont remember him getting his cock out!

would be a very extreme way of showing your displeasure about Fane's suspect distribution.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

It happened twice in open play.  Really dangerous positions that could have easily led to a goal.   I'll ignore all of the awful dead balls that also led to breakaways. 

But you are right, he is doing that Byrne thing of trying to do everything.  Its not conducive to a good performance.

Get him attacking rather than defending like he played for most of his career, here he's been changed detrimentaly IMO into a grafting holding midfielder.

Edited by BP1960

48 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Fane did ok in League One for a lot of the season until we ran him into the ground 

Or he was found out by other clubs.

If Missilou keeps playing like he did last night Fane might struggle to get back in the side.

4 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

I went to Morecambe once for a day out when staying in The Lakes with an ex. We didn't even need to pay for parking we were there for that short a time. That hotel was the one interesting thing I saw though.  

You stayed in the Lakes with an ex?  Bit odd ??

This Fane talk got me wondering if he was our longest serving player.

Am I right in saying it's Dummigan if you count his loan spell and don't count the fact Edmundson was on the books without starting in 2015 (at least I don't think he did)?

Clarke and Fane joint 3rd longest serving 

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I agree with you.   Gardner is the only other midfielder who at present has the ability in him to produce, but he doesn't do it enough

He's a fourth division footballer. Do you think you might be setting your expectations too high? 

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

This Fane talk got me wondering if he was our longest serving player.

Am I right in saying it's Dummigan if you count his loan spell and don't count the fact Edmundson was on the books without starting in 2015 (at least I don't think he did)?

Clarke and Fane joint 3rd longest serving 

Sad indictment innit. In 1994 Roger Palmer had played for us for 13 seasons.