Newport (H)

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not sure that a neutral agreed with you means anything. Actually, I am... it means nowt.

The vast majority there today that I’ve spoken to (actually everyone I’ve spoken to) thought he had a shocker. As he has a few times this season. 

Nah. People have their minds made up that he’s going to be our shit player this year and jump on everything he does. 

A neutral opinion means nothing? What a strange way to look at things ?

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

Nah. People have their minds made up that he’s going to be our shit player this year and jump on everything he does. 

A neutral opinion means nothing? What a strange way to look at things ?

What I meant was it is worth no more than anyone else’s opinion. 

I made my mind up he would be my shit player when he started playing shit... when he stops playing shit my mind might change.  He needs a break to have a think imo. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Did he?  Ok. If you say so. He also did more to wreck the dressing room and cause disharmony... but let’s let that slide.  He’s gone. Get over it. 

Any disharmony was caused by ordinary foreign players being brought in on big wages to sit in the stands.

If I were a player busting my bollocks out on the pitch not knowing when my wages were being paid then I'd have been pissed off as well.

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No player under contract moves anywhere unless the club is happy to allow it.

Ok.  I can think of loads but thought I would ask my children while we’re watching the England game.

Straight away they rattled off umpteen names from some of the biggest clubs in Europe.  They also mentioned Jack Byrne.

No doubt you are right though.  Generally. 

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any disharmony was caused by ordinary foreign players being brought in on big wages to sit in the stands.

If I were a player busting my bollocks out on the pitch not knowing when my wages were being paid then I'd have been pissed off as well.

Boring.  

He’s gone. 

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

We all lost in both. Some people still havent worked out they have lost because of Brexit yet but give it a few months. 

With respect, (I voted remain) but nobody... and I mean nobody,  knows how Brexit will pan out. The campaign of fear on both sides of the debate is mostly bollocks. It’s far more of a political scrap than an economic one. 

7 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Ok.  I can think of loads but thought I would ask my children while we’re watching the England game.

Straight away they rattled off umpteen names from some of the biggest clubs in Europe.  They also mentioned Jack Byrne.

No doubt you are right though.  Generally. 

Then the clubs were obviously happy enough to allow the player to go for whatever reason.

A recent example, Jack Grealish wanted to go to Tottenham, Villa said he was staying, he stayed.

Plenty more, at all levels.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

With respect, (I voted remain) but nobody... and I mean nobody,  knows how Brexit will pan out. The campaign of fear on both sides of the debate is mostly bollocks. It’s far more of a political scrap than an economic one. 

It's very much a political scrap but one with huge economic consequences. Yet to hear a single credible argument from anyone in the leave camp. Not hard to find definitive evidence of ill effects from the dramatic slide in the currency to the demonstrable loss of jobs and a myriad of strongly negative possible outcomes. 

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Like a typical smartarse you don't actually debate anything.

I tend not to debate the specifics of games and players because I don't go to many games but I don't find it remotely challenging to debate wider principles because I have been around long enough to spot characteristics and circumstances that make conclusions based on the balance of probabilities reasonably straightforward to reach. 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's very much a political scrap but one with huge economic consequences. Yet to hear a single credible argument from anyone in the leave camp. Not hard to find definitive evidence of ill effects from the dramatic slide in the currency to the demonstrable loss of jobs and a myriad of strongly negative possible outcomes. 

A sliding pound is always a negative? Really. 

Demonstrable evidence of the loss of jobs? Really.

Possible outcomes... yes, possible. Also possible positive outcomes. 

Like I said, I voted remain. Some others who voted remain have lost their minds recently. 

Anyhow. This is football. The person that brought Brexit into it should get a one week ban.  ?

Edited by kowenicki

32 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What I meant was it is worth no more than anyone else’s opinion. 

I made my mind up he would be my shit player when he started playing shit... when he stops playing shit my mind might change.  He needs a break to have a think imo. 

I don’t think he’s playing as badly as people are making out. I guess I’m in the minority as there are lots with the opinion that he’s shit. 

• Like 1

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

I don’t think he’s playing as badly as people are making out. I guess I’m in the minority as there are lots with the opinion that he’s shit. 

Currently, yes.  Not saying it can’t change. He looks lacking in confidence.  Give him a rest I say. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

A sliding pound is always a negative? Really. 

Demonstrable evidence of the loss of jobs? Really.

No, not always but dramatic slides almost always yes. 

Yes, plenty of functions in the City moving to Europe. Doubtless some jealous types will say good but they'd be well advised to see how much tax revenue comes from there. 

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Knowone knows yet no but for that reason many people who claim that they won still cant tell people what they won 2 years down the line.

Anyway back to the football I dont think Gardner was as bad as you say he was today although I wouldnt have him on set pieces.