Newport (H)

Just now, deyres42 said:

What is so hard to believe about it? Have you been living in a cave since May? He might have made the decision easier with his behaviour but Lemsagam would have wanted him gone regardless.

Isn't your reply a contradiction to the original poster then? You need to read it again, then reply, from inside my cave isn't your argument based upon his high wages?

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Isn't your reply a contradiction to the original poster then? You need to read it again, then reply, from inside my cave isn't your argument based upon his high wages?

Lemsagam wanted him gone due to his wages, his alleged poor behaviour made his departure an easier sell to the fans and most appear to have swallowed the medicine.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I pointed out on either here or Twitter that it's a bit odd how it's "good riddance" for all the players who took us down and have since left but "glad he stayed" for all the players who took us down but haven't left yet... 

It's all a bit United like.... 

It's a team game, some played well some didn't. Can't blame one or two individuals here or not.

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Gardner is right on top of his game again according to the Chron. Sums up how certain players get a free ride in some quarters.

That must go down as one of your dumbest comments. Gardner has been the subject, over the last couple of weeks, of endless criticism, so your 'free pass' comment is just nonsense.

Edited by mikejh45

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Here here, this man gets it.

? It’s “hear, hear”

Anyhow.  Dan Gardner thinking it could be a blessing in disguise.... so what?  He’s a footballer. You don’t expect common sense do you!? 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

A small sample of games from January to May.
Goalscorers - bold.
Strike through - gone.

Italics - injured not currently playing

Vs Shrewsbury - 1/1/18
Result: Shrews 1 - 0 Latics
Placide, Dummigan, Gerrard, Bryan, Hunt, Gardner, Fane, Flynn, Byrne, Obadeyi, Davies, Menig, Wilson, Holloway, Nepomuceno, Green, Maouche

Vs MK Dons 13/2/18
Result: Latics 1 - 0 MKD
Placide, Dummigan, Gerrard, Bryan, Nepomuceno, Gardner, Fane, Byrne, Pringle, Davies, Nazon, de la Paz, Benyu, Holloway, McLaughlin, Edmundson, Obadeyi, Benteke

Vs Wigan - 30/3/18
Result: Wigan 3 - 0 Latics

Placide, Hunt, Wilson, Bryan, Moimbé, Fane, Pringle, Gardner, Byrne, Doyle, Davies, de la Paz, Benyu, Holloway, McLaughlin, Nazon, Edmundson, McEleney

Vs AFC Wimbledon 21/4/18
Result: Wimbledon 2 - Latics 2
Placide, Haymer, Gerrard, Edmundson, Hunt, Obadeyi, Gardner, Fane, Davies, Nazon, Doyle,de la Paz, Wilson, Holloway, Pringle, Nepomuceno, Byrne, Benteke

Vs Northampton 5/5/18
Result: Northampton 2 - Latics 2
Placide,
Haymer, Edmundson, Hunt, Moimbé, Pringle, Gardner, Byrne, Nepomuceno, Nazon, Doyle, de la Paz, Benyu, Davies, Holloway, McElelney, Stott, Obadeyi

The vast majority of the players that "took us down" are gone. We cannot exactly blame de la Paz, Haymer, Edmundson, Stott and Benteke for the relegation...Gardner was an ever-present and he was shocking in the latter part of the season. Hunt and Nepomuceno haven't deteriorated in quality. Dummigan and Fane are both injured and haven't played this season. I don't see anybody applauding the players that "took us down" because the simple fact is, they are no longer at the club.

Just an opinion.

EDIT - Maouche could yet prove to be an asset.

Edited by Wardie

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Lemsagam wanted him gone due to his wages, his alleged poor behaviour made his departure an easier sell to the fans and most appear to have swallowed the medicine.

You keep banging this drum endlessly, but I've yet to see you post anything concrete that supports it. Come on, tell us. Is it cast iron fact, or simply your opinion? Because a recent post of yours suggests the latter. 

And this is a thread about the Newport game, but it's degenerated into another Byrne thread. Why do we have to have this in threads that are bugger all to do with Byrne? It's getting way beyond tedious and boring, just going round in circles. 

And, because of that, I apologise for even starting the first paragraph.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

In my opinion you talk a load of shite!!!

Edited by oafc1955

6 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I pointed out on either here or Twitter that it's a bit odd how it's "good riddance" for all the players who took us down and have since left but "glad he stayed" for all the players who took us down but haven't left yet... 

It's all a bit United like.... 

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

What is so hard to believe about it? Have you been living in a cave since May? He might have made the decision easier with his behaviour but Lemsagam would have wanted him gone regardless.

Oh ffs. Right. Here goes. 

I’ve tried to laugh, i’ve tried to shrug. 

But your both talking absolute bollocks.

Your defending things you know fuck all about out. I think it’s pathetic that you defend people you don’t know, over the club you claim to support. 

Who’s more important, Bryne and Gerrard- or the club??????????????

Maybe the club have shafted Bryne- I don’t care. 

Maybe they have shafted Gerrard- I  don’t care. 

You both know they carry baggage like no else in current squad. That’s not guesswork. That’s a fact- an yet you choose to ignore it for some perverse reason.  

I dont give a toss what they did, who they are, or what the their shoe is, they’re gone. Your campaign to undermine every decision the club makes is a joke.

I think this squad is poor, there’s a few I wish we could replace.  But AL wants to cut his cloth after his mistakes and do you know what, we’re doing ok. Why? Because the nobheads have left the building. An for the first time in long time I feel quite good following latics. Why? Because it’s starting to feel like a community club again, the bad press has stopped and there’s a togetherness. 

What do you want eyres? You want to fixate on players who aren’t here, and belittle the club. You seem intent on spending your days needlessly winding people up about issues you know fuck all about, for what? Amusement? 

Your a sad act.