Newport (H)

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

With only one professional keeper available can we sign an emergency keeper on a short term loan?

Yes, by applying to the league and supplying proof of club keepers being injured, international duty etc even outside the window. 

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

They’ve been scraping wins - GD of 1 - but then they did get twatted 3-0 at Mansfield.

Having no Iversen worries me though.

And we are short of a wide man and goalscorer with Nepo not available.

They are a decent side.  Saw them at Exeter a couple of weeks ago.  Exeter were marginally better but Newport were well-organised with the quality being provided by Josh Sheehan who played in the hole behind the front two.  They play a 3-5-2 with wing backs and have a lot of physical players through the spine of the team (Bennett, Bakinson and Jamille Matt stand out).

No doubt that we can win, but we could be found out by them.  It's a good test.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

They are a decent side.  Saw them at Exeter a couple of weeks ago.  Exeter were marginally better but Newport were well-organised with the quality being provided by Josh Sheehan who played in the hole behind the front two.  They play a 3-5-2 with wing backs and have a lot of physical players through the spine of the team (Bennett, Bakinson and Jamille Matt stand out).

No doubt that we can win, but we could be found out by them.  It's a good test.

Excellent work. Perhaps a call to Messrs Bunn and Rhodes with your detailed scouting report is in order?

52 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Excellent work. Perhaps a call to Messrs Bunn and Rhodes with your detailed scouting report is in order?

We’re a professional football club. I’m sure we are aware what their preferred formation is and about their danger men etc. Useful for us fans to be aware of though. So agree on the excellent work bit. 

Iversen and Nepo have been arguably 2 of our most consistent players this season and will be a huge miss, particularly Iversen against Newport, who are going really well.

Need the fans to be up for this and get behind the boys as they will bring 350 or so vocal Taffs I would imagine.

I'd take another scrappy win by the odd goal anytime!!