Newport (H)

On 9/3/2018 at 12:37 PM, Londonboy said:

Iversen and Nepo have been arguably 2 of our most consistent players this season and will be a huge miss, particularly Iversen against Newport, who are going really well.

Need the fans to be up for this and get behind the boys as they will bring 350 or so vocal Taffs I would imagine.

I'd take another scrappy win by the odd goal anytime!!

They only took 223 to Vale last Away game so cannot see more than that to us on Saturday. Tight game but winnable ?

4 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Miles bigger that their European Cup Winners Cup quarter final this. 

Correct. My source in South Wales tells me that they’ve already sold 10,000 half and half scarves and they’re also beaming the game back to Rodney Parade for those who couldn’t get tickets to see them play such a huge club. Need to avoid an upset here!

Lang will do as well as Nepo would have on the wing and with Clarke to solidify the defence should be a good game.  O'Grady to start possibly with Surridge so although I would like to see Baxter from the get go I suspect he will be the first sub on.

Looking forward to this one.

Saturday's game is also why Latics have been advertising for extra stewards throughout the week. This lot will plan on pitch invading regardless of whether they get the result -  BP turf will be proudly displayed on mantelpieces across Newport for decades to come.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Saturday's game is also why Latics have been advertising for extra stewards throughout the week. This lot will plan on pitch invading regardless of whether they get the result -  BP turf will be proudly displayed on mantelpieces across Newport for decades to come.

They risk enraging my Anglesey blood. I'll be waiting outside with my scythe.

28 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Surely this has to be the biggest divisional mismatch since Villa vs Burton? Much larger gap in club size for this one though, obviously.

You mean since last week when we had to play some side from Brighton who managed to bring 62 fans ..