Newport (H)

Surridge and Lang:

So refreshing to see two strong, mobile and pacy youngsters express themselves up top tonight.

Hope Frankie gives them the start they deserve together on Saturday, we could be out of sight before they need to be rested! Why not? What's there to lose?

8 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

Surridge and Lang:

So refreshing to see two strong, mobile and pacy youngsters express themselves up top tonight.

Hope Frankie gives them the start they deserve together on Saturday, we could be out of sight before they need to be rested! Why not? What's there to lose?

My bet is FB starts with old faithful O'Grady.

7 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Surridge and Lang:

Surridge is definitely strong. Still think Lang has some filling out to do tbh. Thought he was a bit lightweight at times. Not through a lack of effort, just needs some strengthening imo. That said he absolutely works his nuts off and will be a big asset for us. 

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

My bet is FB starts with old faithful O'Grady.

Travesty if he does, what does he bring that the other two don't? Plus you get the energy and directness from the two young lads, no brainer really.

Edited by yarddog73

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Surridge is definitely strong. Still think Lang has some filling out to do tbh. Thought he was a bit lightweight at times. Not through a lack of effort, just needs some strengthening imo. That said he absolutely works his nuts off and will be a big asset for us. 

Surridge is going to get even stronger and become the classic centre forward.

One I will find a pleasure to watch even after he has left us.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Surridge is going to get even stronger and become the classic centre forward.

One I will find a pleasure to watch even after he has left us.

Agree 100%. If we were to be promoted, would there be any chance of a permanent deal do you think ? Really enjoy watching this lad play. 

Also BP , I feel you’ve become over critical of DG recently? ?

20 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Agree 100%. If we were to be promoted, would there be any chance of a permanent deal do you think ? Really enjoy watching this lad play. 

I tell it as I see it. DG despite his high work rate is being too fancy resulting in lost possession in critical areas and unmeasured distribution.

This may upset some, but Baxter was even worse last night and Maoche much better.

33 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Surprised Bournemouth didn't want to loan him to a higher level this season. 

My team for Saturday would be:

Zeus

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Missilou

Gardner

Lang

Baxter

Nepo

Surridge

Zeus is a necessity, I trust that back four although minor changes (Hamer at RB or Graham at CB) wouldn't be the end of the world.  For their faults, I like the energy that Missilou and Gardner provide in the centre of midfield and I think it will be crucial against their midfield.  The attacking midfield 3 is vital to nullify them, Baxter in the middle to create and keep them on the back foot, Lang and Nepo to play wider to pin back their wing backs and drag their right and left centre backs out of position.  Surridge up front as I think he has all the attributes necessary to be a lone front man.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Zeus

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Missilou

Gardner

Lang

Baxter

Nepo

Surridge

Zeus is a necessity, I trust that back four although minor changes (Hamer at RB or Graham at CB) wouldn't be the end of the world.  For their faults, I like the energy that Missilou and Gardner provide in the centre of midfield and I think it will be crucial against their midfield.  The attacking midfield 3 is vital to nullify them, Baxter in the middle to create and keep them on the back foot, Lang and Nepo to play wider to pin back their wing backs and drag their right and left centre backs out of position.  Surridge up front as I think he has all the attributes necessary to be a lone front man.

Nepo cant play and I wouldn't be sure of Baxter starting either.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Zeus

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Missilou

Gardner

Lang

Baxter

Nepo

Surridge

Id go with that although swap Branger for Nepo though

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Any manager in this league would be stupid to not want him. I think you know that yourself. Granted he’s taking longer to get to full fitness than anyone would like. Even a 60% version of his old self is imo the best player in this league. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Nepo cant play and I wouldn't be sure of Baxter starting either.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Nepo is unavailable then I'd go with that too.

Must admit Branger hasn't really impressed me in the games I've seen, but it does sound like he's played better at home than away.