Just watched the highlights, Lang isn't offside for his goal. Onside when it's flicked back in and level when the flick on is made. Presume Edmundson was off who then challenged the keeper.

Can't fault the effort of any of them yesterday. COG ran his socks off. 

Thought the winner should have been disallowed for Clarke's push but we'll take it. 

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Just watched the highlights, Lang isn't offside for his goal. Onside when it's flicked back in and level when the flick on is made. Presume Edmundson was off who then challenged the keeper.

Thought the winner should have been disallowed for Clarke's push but we'll take it. 

Thought at the time it was O'Grady off around the penalty spot when he flicked on.

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Really don't get all this Gardner criticism. 

We have who have now till Jan at least. 

Yes he's not perfect but in my view we are a much better side with him in or rather than not.

I'd say hes our best centre midfielder but his passing yesterday was poor. He did put a shift in to be fair and won the ball well.

I certainly wouldnt get rid.

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Really don't get all this Gardner criticism. 

We have who have now till Jan at least. 

Yes he's not perfect but in my view we are a much better side with him in or rather than not.

He does most of his worst stuff just after his best stuff which might be why he divides opinion so much. I don't remember many players we've seen who regularly pick the ball up under pressure and carry it 40-50 yards at pace the way he does. If he got his pass or shot away most times he'd be playing much higher.

6 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

would love to know how their defender got away with his studs up off the ground two footed lunge on Gardener in the build up defo warranted a card 

8 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Please delete this. This topic brought that wanker Magister out of the woodwork last time. ??. Hey magister your getting sloppy sweetheart- only the 9 downvotes today ? Xx

I take it Magister is now Stanley30?
And he down-votes you without comment??

Bizzare...and quite vindictive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hands on said:

First twenty minutes a walk in the park.  Referee was doing well but every time a Crawley player goes down they have been told to hold their heads and he fell for it.  He then gives a contested dropped ball instead of having it passed back to Iversen.  (To give him his due Morais actually told the ref to do this later on)

So Crawley score, Iversen could have done better but so could the whole team.  Then it was how many passes can Dan misdirect.  Can't fault his energy it is just the passing.

But we pressed on and with the arrival of first Surridge and then Lang I felt a winner was inevitable.

A win is a win is a win and we are 6th.  There is a gulf between leagues one and two and I'm confident of a top seven finish as we will get better.

Can the ref give a contested or uncontested drop ball? I assumed he gives the drop ball and the team with the injury just say they'll boot it back. On that occasion we said we'd rather contest it to give us the chance of keeping the ball in an attacking position.

I was more aggrieved that he'd stopped the game again for an absolute joke of an injury.

45 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I take it Magister is now Stanley30?
And he down-votes you without comment??

Bizzare...and quite vindictive.

Agree, if that's the case the account should be suspended. Not that I think simply is overly concerned about his rep but nonetheless it's not needed and not really in the spirit of the forum, I've had plenty of disagreements whilst posting but always appreciate somebody elses right to a differing opinion.

• Like 1