3 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

No just by moving Baxter into a deeper role could help us link play a little better.

Whilst picking up points when not playing too well is a bonus, the chances of that carrying on are slim.

I think Gardner does need a midfield partner Im not sure it should be Baxter. partly because Id like to see Baxter go and and play further forward.

The midfield doesnt look quite right but we are getting results so unless we sign anyone new we should carry on with what we've got.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Ffs BP we know he’s your recommendation but he’s far from perfect. He also played a belting through ball to their lad and then hauled him down on the edge of the box and got booked. No doubt you’ll be spinning it to tell us how well he did to get back so quick. Give it a rest with your over protection and over exaggerating of how great he is (please) . Going off your reports I’m shocked he’s not had a full international call up. He’s average. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

take it you dont like him then!

6 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Agree with your last sentence. I’d like a better replacement. Don’t think it’s gonna happen tho is it ? So as it is , Gardner plays. I also give him my full support.  I keep my “ fucksakes Gardner” to a minimum mutter as he relentlessly gives the ball away several times per half. 

He does because he’s the only one prepared to make something happen and try and play intricately and between the lines.

I’n sure he could do the backwards, sideways and hoofs up field that others do but the guy has been a winger all his career before us and is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

He’s having to do it all at the minute.

It’s also difficult as a central midfielder when your defence is long balling everything and your constantly watching it go over your head and having to sprint to get in a position to try and pickup the second ball. Then when you do get on the ball your more knackered than you normally would be, this coupled with the fact that technical players like Gardner are loathe to pass the ball to a lesser player for fear they’ll lose it or just pump it down the line, sort of explains why he gives the ball away a fair bit.

Stick Baxter in there with him when he’s fit and the whole dynamic will change. Clarke, Hunt and Edmundson will stop hoofing it I guarantee 

8 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

He does because he’s the only one prepared to make something happen and try and play intricately and between the lines.

I’n sure he could do the backwards, sideways and hoofs up field that others do but the guy has been a winger all his career before us and is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

It’s also difficult as a central midfielder when your defence is long balling everything and your constantly watching it go over your head and having to sprint to get in a position to try and pickup the second ball. Then when you do get on the ball your more knackered than you normally would be, this coupled with the fact that technical players like Gardner are loathe to pass the ball to a lesser player for fear they’ll lose it or just pump it down the line, sort of explains why he gives the ball away a fair bit.

Stick Baxter in there with him when he’s fit and the whole dynamic will change. Clarke, Hunt and Edmundson will stop hoofing it I guarantee 

Whilst I agree with the jist of what your getting at he's been fucking awful the last two games and has played defence splitting pass (for the opposition)  on more than on occasion.  I like him but this notion that he has to do everything is frankly bollocks, he played his best football in a central three and that probably when you'd get the best out of him Gardner, Byrne and Fane despite what personal opinions people might have about each player was a decent central three when Wellens took over and it worked, Missilou for Fane and Baxter for Byrne and that could in my opinion be easily replicated. 

12 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

As deyres alluded to somewhere - I don't think FB is (currently) intending for us to have a footballing defence &/or midfield.

Getting it into the final third quickly where we might well have a better quality of forward than most teams quality of defender seems to be Plan A.

I'm not mad on it but, to be fair (and I appreciate Macclesfield and Morecambe are both dogshit), it does seem to be working to an extent. 

Edited by HarryBosch

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Do they look like Premier League kids that Bunn & Rhodes have brought in, or are they conversing fluently with Missile and Branger-Engone?

Small black lad right back was talking to Branger = French?

Big black lad centre half was younger so maybe Prem lad?

PS Surridge looked shit hot ?

Edited by mick26

38 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Small black lad right back was talking to Branger = French?

Big black lad centre half was younger so maybe Prem lad?

PS Surridge looked shit hot ?

Why does him being younger and/or big and black as opposed to small and black mean he's maybe a Prem lad? 

• Like 2