Grimsby (a)

11 minutes ago, singe said:

?
Yeah, I'm always negative me.

And it's Newport 5 Yeovil 0 now.

Anyway, we're 7th and last play off spot. MK & Yeovil a game in hand. Early days, before anyone gets snidely

Never said you were “always negative”

Wow

Our draw at Yeovil was a sensational result!  Let’s be honest we should have won last week on the performance of both teams. We’d be second.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Never said you were “always negative”

Wow

Our draw at Yeovil was a sensational result!  Let’s be honest we should have won last week on the performance of both teams. We’d be second.

No, but glass half full guy.
Let's swap poor with disappointing, and yes.

BAAAAXXXTER!

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, oafc21 said:

Back in cleethorpes now with another dozen who couldn’t pay on the day at the ticket office, not happy but what can you do, I said my piece at the ground but what a joke at lower level league 2 footy 

Madness not a lot of money around and they’re turning away paying customers !

Let's forget the first half..... played a little football the second half with balls to feet and we scored 3 goals.

We won't concede many this year.  Iversen is a good fnd and his rushing out and shot stopping is top notch.  We seem pretty solid if dire to watch at times but as I've said before if we are winning then so be it.... can't argue with 3-0!!  We seem to run for 90 odd minutes, Gardner included today.

Clarke, Iversen and Surridge with mentions. Clarke didn't put a foot wrong and won everything today.  Iversen made the save first half (and a few others) to keep it 0-0 which I feel was crucial before halftime.   Surridge running with the ball at defenders will cause trouble and scored 2.

My MOM is Clarke, he done his job for 90 odd mins, Surridge scored the goals in 2!!!

Edited by deckyd

I could get used to this winning lark.
Last time we were in and around the play offs for any length of time (albeit finishing 10th) was Jan 2009.
A decade ago!
Remember then?

Leicester, Huddersfield, Leeds and Stockport  were in L1 with us.

Sheff Utd got compo for the Tevez affair.
Man Utd lost in the Champions League Final.

Bitcoin was invented
Obama swon in as President for his first term
Dean Windass signed.
Dean Windass went in goal v Leicester for almost a half, kept a clean sheet and got Football League L1 Goalkeeper of the week.

Heady times.