Grimsby (a)

8 minutes ago, singe said:

I could get used to this winning lark.
Last time we were in and around the play offs for any length of time (albeit finishing 10th) was Jan 2009.
A decade ago!
Remember then?

Leicester, Huddersfield, Leeds and Stockport  were in L1 with us.

Sheff Utd got compo for the Tevez affair.
Man Utd lost in the Champions League Final.

Bitcoin was invented
Obama swon in as President for his first term
Dean Windass signed.
Dean Windass went in goal v Leicester for almost a half, kept a clean sheet and got Football League L1 Goalkeeper of the week.

Heady times.

That period in late 2014/early 2015 under Lee Johnson? We were sniffing around the top 6 for a few months.

Everytime Surridge has scored in the league we have won!

Have we found our 20 goal season striker here? it appears he knows where the back of the net is can run in behind and can win it in the air. He's more than capable IMO.

Also while you can argue the likes of Morecambe, Macc, and Grimsby could be regarded as shite. we are putting the shite away. Colchester at home might be a tougher test but we should be going into this with the belief that we are promotion contenders and can win the game.

Have a good evening everyone crack open a drink and toast a Latics victory.

:drinking:

Edited by GlossopLatic

After many years of being on this site I have developed a theory that if you come on here around 6.30pm on a Saturday without knowing the score you will be able to tell the result by the number of pages of responses there are which is p.  The benchmark is 10 pages which is x. Latics score is x minus p. The oppo score is p minus x or 0  whichever is higher.  I have deliberately not listened for the result today and my theory  say we won 3-0. Am I close?

Edited by astottie

On 9/11/2018 at 8:16 AM, rvlatic said:

Grimsby Town FC (First Team) v Oldham Athletic FC (First Team)
Football League 2    
Referee: Kinseley, Nicholas 
Assistant Referee: Street, Duncan 
Assistant Referee: Karaivanov, Hristo 
Fourth Official: Lister, Paul 

Interesting he's been our referee 3 times and only given 1 yellow card in those 3 games. 

Didn't go today but perhaps one for the #DecentRefLads

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Interesting he's been our referee 3 times and only given 1 yellow card in those 3 games. 

He let a lot of things go for both sides.  If anything I thought he gave some bizarre decisions to them.  He really didn't have a lot to do to be fair,big decision wise.

Clarke was my man of the match today. Special mentions for Iverson, Surridge and at times Edmondson, also thought Gardner contributed more and had his best game for a while, enjoyed the day £2.50 for fish and chips and great vocal support from the 12th man, Colchester will be tougher opponents next week but no reason why we cant get our home form back on track and go for all three points.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Wasn't the best we have had, but he seemed to know that in a physical league you are going to get physical challenges, it wasn't a dirty game so he got it pretty much right in that respect. 

Thought Gardner and Missilou were decent today, Edmundson had a couple of bad moments in the 1st 20 minutes but after that was steady, Branger was pretty much anonymous for most of the game but all in all a good 3 points. And for the final accolade must go to the fans, the shit we watch and yet the support is amazing this could be the thing that keeps us winning, we'll done one and all. 

We were crap for 30-35 mins, hoofball after hoofball. We start to play a bit of football and look what happens? Thought we finished the 1st half well, and well the 2nd half speaks for itself. We still don’t look fantastic, but we are improving game on game in my opinion. The togetherness of the squad is there for all to see, no one can question their efforts and work rate. We do need to be starting games much better, especially at home, we weren’t great 1st half last week either. FB’s HT team talks appear to be working, and today for instance i didn’t agree with some of the subs at the time, but they appeared to be spot on, I guess thats why he’s the manager and we aren’t. 

Onwards and upwards hopefully, this division is so poor, i’ve said it before we don’t actually need to be brilliant this season, if we stay consistent then we’ll do well. 

Defence and Iverson are very good at this level, we won’t concede too many, and Surridge looks a top top player on his day in this division. Keep him fit and I think we’ve got our 20 goal a season striker.

Fand were outstanding again, very vocal and positive. 

13 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

First half awful, second half much better. 

Noise in the away end was massive.

Strange place, Grimsby. Loads of “Health Studios”, and a woman in the chippy had gravy on her fish. Not having that.

Fish chips and gravy is normal