Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yarddog73

Grimsby (a)

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Just watched the highlights - as good as Surridge's goals were the way Baxter times the run for his is something we've been missing for a long, long time.....

Cross made the goal in my opinion but Baxter's run into the box is something we don't always do and created a relatively simple chance. Our midfielders are poor at getting in the box especially when our main forwards are out on the wings and have to pass backwards instead of crossing. Other teams seem to flood the box with players and cause the opposition problems. Plus my main bugbear which we have somewhat rectified this season....." Have a bloody shot !"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Cross made the goal in my opinion but Baxter's run into the box is something we don't always do and created a relatively simple chance. Our midfielders are poor at getting in the box especially when our main forwards are out on the wings and have to pass backwards instead of crossing. Other teams seem to flood the box with players and cause the opposition problems. Plus my main bugbear which we have somewhat rectified this season....." Have a bloody shot !"

Haven't we already scored one this season where a player took a shot that 95% of the time would be saved/miss only for it to be in the other 5%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Just watched the highlights - as good as Surridge's goals were the way Baxter times the run for his is something we've been missing for a long, long time.....

Slightly over 5 years? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Haven't we already scored one this season where a player took a shot that 95% of the time would be saved/miss only for it to be in the other 5%?

Not sure I understand what you're getting at unless it's the one Branger scored thanks to a massive deflection ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not sure I understand what you're getting at unless it's the one Branger scored thanks to a massive deflection ?

Yeah that's the one. Can only benefit from a massive deflection if you take a shot in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Cross made the goal in my opinion but Baxter's run into the box is something we don't always do and created a relatively simple chance. Our midfielders are poor at getting in the box especially when our main forwards are out on the wings and have to pass backwards instead of crossing. Other teams seem to flood the box with players and cause the opposition problems. Plus my main bugbear which we have somewhat rectified this season....." Have a bloody shot !"

This. I subscribe to the school of thought that football is a simple game and that the majority of players, certainly at League 2 level, need to concentrate on the basics: passing, tackling, closing down, heading and shooting.

 

And as for the substitute being instructed for seemingly minutes on end by one of the coaching staff pointing to whatever on an iPad ....?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This. I subscribe to the school of thought that football is a simple game and that the majority of players, certainly at League 2 level, need to concentrate on the basics: passing, tackling, closing down, heading and shooting.

 

And as for the substitute being instructed for seemingly minutes on end by one of the coaching staff pointing to whatever on an iPad ....?

 

He needed to know where exactly bomb alley was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Yeah that's the one. Can only benefit from a massive deflection if you take a shot in the first place. 

 

Yep, like the famous saying goes "If you don't shoot you won't benefit from a massive deflection"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Yep, like the famous saying goes "If you don't shoot you won't benefit from a massive deflection"

Shakespeare wasn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...