Grimsby (a)

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Expected to win yesterday.

Got a grim feeling about this. They're struggling, just been beat 4-0 at Bury, I can see them beating us 3-0 or something. 

Fingers crossed I'm wrong. 

And top-of-the-league Lincoln expected to beat Crawley, at home...but they didn't. I also expected Latics to win, of course, as I always do, however, I am not going to let the fact that they didn't, get me on the negative track. Go into every game expecting to win, otherwise, what's the point?

There is way too much negativity on this forum as it is, and at times, it becomes as depressing as Twatter.

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Nepo should start on Saturday, but who will be left out.

Can't be Lang surely?

O'Grady for me, slows us down in the attacking third and won't score more than half a dozen if he played every game,  quicker we get Surridge and Lang firing the better.

Drop Gardner and O Grady. Baxter and nepomucino in and play 442. I’d keep Zeus in net too. 

Zeus

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Branger

Missilou

Nepomucino

Baxter

Surridge

Lang

Although I reckon frankie will stick to a similar team as Saturday with maybe nepo coming in for Lang/surridge and iverson back in.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

If you say something silly like this right at the start of your post, nobody will read or take the rest of it seriously.

I said first half that he wasn't coming for crosses, his distribution was poor, I hope he's a shot stopper. He then produced that great reaction save. Iverson every time for me though.

8 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I said first half that he wasn't coming for crosses, his distribution was poor, I hope he's a shot stopper. He then produced that great reaction save. Iverson every time for me though.

He also came for a cross on edge of the box and I thought what the frig is he doing but his punch nearly reached the halfway line. 

Id go with Lang playing just of Surridge to start with. Id throw O'Grady on at the end if we are going to start firing the ball into the box. He hasnt ripped up trees O'Grady by any stretch but he does put a shift in, he does win headers in both boxes plus he even showed a couple of nice turns on saturday.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Got to go for goals, no saying a point will be satisfactory against a team who's morale must be rock bottom.

Nepo, Branger, Surridge and Lang all running at their defence at pace must be tactic.  I'd leave O'Grady out of this one.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, al_bro said:

For al those going to Grimsby, perhaps this may help. 

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/siteassets/general-images/away-guide-2018.pdf

Latics should do something like this.

Beware if you're planning on going to The Old Farmhouse, Stallingborough as suggested on there. It's more than 15 minutes by car apparently.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Curaçao 10 v Grenada 0 ... Nepomuceno scores in 63rd minute.

I wonder, given all the travelling he has done this week, if Nepomuceno will start on the bench on Saturday. ?

Thought would be more goals than that against a TV studios team .