Grimsby (a)

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Still haven’t sold 700 despite being ‘near’ it for ‘nearly’ a week

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

It was 600 and odd when I posted that last Friday so that is disappointing. 

When some on here post with pride about the good away following we have as a club, many deride this pouring scorn on individuals who get ‘excited’ about our travelling army. When it is claimed that we are not taking many (700+ to Grimsby which is a 210 mile round trip) the next away game after taking 1600+ to Morecambe,  others pile in questioning the numbers or call it disappointing ...

Seems to me that that’s a decent number of tickets sold ?

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

When some on here post with pride about the good away following we have as a club, many deride this pouring scorn on individuals who get ‘excited’ about our travelling army. When it is claimed that we are not taking many (700+ to Grimsby which is a 210 mile round trip) the next away game after taking 1600+ to Morecambe,  others pile in questioning the numbers or call it disappointing ...

Seems to me that that’s a decent number of tickets sold ?

Just merely stating a fact but yeah go ahead and twist it into something that it wasn’t ??

39 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Just merely stating a fact but yeah go ahead and twist it into something that it wasn’t ??

Said it before - it’s not what you say but the way you say it that leads me to ‘twist’ rather than ‘stick’.

- if I misinterpreted your post (Still haven’t sold 700 despite it being ‘near’ it for ‘’nearly’ a week) then please accept my apologies ?

If I did misinterpret it that is ?

I would hazard a guess that the number of posts on the forum this week must be close to an all-time low. If we take out the continuing and extremely tedious Jack Byrne comments that spuriously pop up in a variety of threads, traffic has been extremely light.

Grimsby away - 800+ Latics fans behind the goal - Iversen back - a chance to get back into the top six. 

It may be fourth division football but it’s my team on the road - Up for it!

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I would hazard a guess that the number of posts on the forum this week must be close to an all-time low. If we take out the continuing and extremely tedious Jack Byrne comments that spuriously pop up in a variety of threads, traffic has been extremely light.

Grimsby away - 800+ Latics fans behind the goal - Iversen back - a chance to get back into the top six. 

Type of day out I really look forward too, can't wait :scarf001:

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Has seemed very light traffic on here, and if I had to guess why it would be because of the arguments caused by all the negative comments by some individual on here. We all know who they are. And slowly they are driving people away from the forum 

I'm really interested to see how we do in this game, because going off our form this season we should win.

We've lost to teams at the top, drawn with teams in the top half and beaten teams in the bottom half.  I don't expect us to smash them with and all-singing all-dancing performance, but I think we are solid enough to win.

I'd go with:

Iverson

Hunt (although I think Hamer isn't far off a start).

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Branger-Engone (I haven't been too impressed with him but he's been a good part of the unit)

Missilou

Gardner (his passing might not be great but his energy is worth a start in away games)

Nepomuceno

O'Grady

Surridge/Lang (one of them to make an impact off the bench)

It might be a conservative team from the start but I think it will be solid enough to get the win.  Baxter, Surridge and/or Lang are probably our three most talented attacking threats, but I feel that our shape is more important to start with.  I'm happy with either Surridge or Lang to start with O'Grady but I'm not convinced with the two of them starting together away from home just yet.