Grimsby (a)

4 hours ago, astottie said:

After many years of being on this site I have developed a theory that if you come on here around 6.30pm on a Saturday without knowing the score you will be able to tell the result by the number of pages of responses there are which is p.  The benchmark is 10 pages which is x. Latics score is x minus p. The oppo score is p minus x or 0  whichever is higher.  I have deliberately not listened for the result today and my theory  say we won 3-0. Am I close?

I don’t know. 

I’m still trying to work out your algebra.  

Loved today. We were pretty rank in the first half but at this level in particular it seems to be all about taking your chances and in Surridge we have someone who will do that.

Grimsby were very poor but we can only beat what’s in front of us.

Iverson, Clarke, George, Hunt and Surridge stood out for me today.

I know it’s not cool to say it but our support again was fantastic. Vocal throughout. Enjoying being at the right end  of the table for a change. 

Edited by south east latic

36 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

The only acceptable liquids on fish are mushy peas and tartare sauce (I live in Bramhall)

Pickled onion vinegar on fish and chips is even better.

Gravy and fish? WTF?

Wasn't there today, but loved listening to it. Well, in the second half I did. Onwards and upwards.

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Thought O’Grady did his role superbly today. 2 assists ??

Genuinely rate him - not even fishing when I say he’s a very intelligent footballer. Unfortunately he’s massively let down by his pace...

8 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Pickled onion vinegar on fish and chips is even better

Now we're getting somewhere. Vinegar is a given, but I like the nuance of the onion. I've got some pickled gherkins in the fridge, I feel an experiment coming on.

2 hours ago, peanuts said:

ah that explains it southern softy ?

Born in Chadderton, brought up mainly in Saddleworth. I emigrated for work reasons.

Guest Stanley30
1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Gravy should only be used on Chips or with things with a brown filling (pudding / steak and kidney pies).

Curry sauce on fish or cheese and onion pies is fine.

Curry sauce on fish? Is this some kind of sick joke! Agree with the rest tho ?

O’Grady can be frustrating to watch, but you can’t argue with his assists.

Surridge is different gravy though. No defender in this league wants him running at him. Once the Grimsby defender turned his back to him for the first goal, he was done for.

24 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

See Nixon suggesting Preston looking to secure Surridge in January despite us having him on loan for season.  Hopefully AL with all the money he’s saved not only allows FB to keep the team but strengthen where needed

As in Preston want to buy him?  

Why would they sell a promising 20yr old?

Edited by kowenicki

45 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

See Nixon suggesting Preston looking to secure Surridge in January despite us having him on loan for season.  Hopefully AL with all the money he’s saved not only allows FB to keep the team but strengthen where needed

Sounds an awful lot like clickbait from Nixon that. 

Whilst I know there's a possibility it will happen it may need the approval of 3 clubs, depending on how Surridge's loan contract is worded- something Nixon isn't likely to know. 

Didn't he just sign a new contract with Bournemouth too? 

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

Sounds an awful lot like clickbait from Nixon that. 

Whilst I know there's a possibility it will happen it may need the approval of 3 clubs, depending on how Surridge's loan contract is worded- something Nixon isn't likely to know. 

Didn't he just sign a new contract with Bournemouth too? 

Yes but in these cases we'd be entitled to compensation if Bournmouth did decide to sell, Preston may even be happy to send him out on loan to us, lots of ifs, buts and maybes even at this stage.